Ivey Mba 2008

217 Posts  ·  51 Users
About this group
Hi all, I have been thoroughly researching 1 year MBAs around the world and have decided to apply to 5-6. These schools - in order of preference - are Ivey-UWO, Judge-Cambridge, Said-Oxford, INSEAD, Instituto de Empresa and ISB. There are lots of ...
Page 1 of 22
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/ivey-mba-25033123 is the current active thread for Ivey MBA aspirants. Please post your queries here. Thanks.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

I haven't seen any post on any financial assitance at Ivey. Has any Ivey admit received any scholarship?

Thanks,
SID

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All,
Few queries about Ivey.

1. Is there a difference in the number of students admitted in May and September?
  2. If I submit my application before next deadline (i.e. Nov6), will I be considered for May intake?
  3. I am starting to pen down Ivey essays. I am unable to understand the motive of the third essay (field reporter). What is expected and what is it that the adcom wants to know about me through this essay? (people who got an Ivey admit, please help me on this one)

Would highly appreciate responses.

Thanks
na
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

I have submitted my application for the May 2009 intake; also planning to visit the class on 25th Sept. I will travel Seattle --> Toronto --> London.

My profile:
Male Indian IT 8 years
BE from DCE, Delhi.
GMAT 690, decent extracurriculars

Hope to stay in touch with you throughout the application process.

Cheers...Manish

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi all,

I am arjun ,an Ivey Mba ASPIRANT
Can u please evaluate my profile
Did B.E. From Thapar institute(top10 in India)
g.p.a.- Good
Work ex--4 years by the time i join(will be applying next year)
working as AST.Manager(M&A;) in a Big MNC
PROFILE --Mergers and Acquisitions (identification of potetial acquisition targets for our organisation,Doing Due-dilligence,business valuations,transaction structuring etc..)
Executed deals worth$40 m,$25 m, three more in the pipeline.
Extra-curicullar--Decent
Gmat --yet to be taken

What Gmat score should i target according to my profile for an admit into Ivey and also for Queens and Rotman .

Hoping for a quick response.

Regards
arjun

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

This might be of some help pamoli01 -->
Ivey MBA Links

It's a google notebook where i've consolidated important Ivey related info.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear All,

Am interested to know more about Richard Ivey MBA. Could you please let me know about it. Also would like to know about the cost of education and living expenses there. What about the placements? In short am still clueless about MBA in Richard Ivey.Please do help me with all the information.:neutral:

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Good news for internationals considering Canadian programs...

Government of Canada introduces changes to work permits for international students, making Canada more attractive for skilled individuals... read on

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Demandez, congrats.
Kahn, kick some butt.

My experience with the 2nd interview was much more laid back.
Be yourself, but know what you want to mention and don't study for it like a test.
I felt my second int. went much better because, though I was informed going in, I kind of winged it. It was much more natural and much better flowing because of it....and it worked. I was accept for SEPT 2008, but am currently trying to see if it can be deffered MAY 09. There are a lot of issues I gotta deal with to make Ivey happen for me personally.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All,

I have my second interview with Ivey for the Spring 2008 Cohort tmrw.

I am hoping to make it in :-)

Would love to talk with anyone admitted to the same cohort. Msg me or post here.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...