It gets worse

7 Posts  ·  6 Users
About this group
Just said no to a flight to Fremont, California - which would take me to a $ 5500/month job. And I was guaranteed that there would be no return for the next 3 to 4 years, since it's a gigantic legacy application that has no end. All this give...
Page 1 of 1

i didnt seat for campus placements in search of the MBA dream. 6 months have passed since i graduated...got 96...no iim calls..after giving CAT i didnt apply for most the good colleges..as cat didnt go well n thought i will score below 80..so missed lbs,nirma ,ubs etc.. till now no news from BIM n kjsom...
still not sure..as my parents are more interested to get me into a govt college..n i am having hell of a time in making them understand

mba-overhyped..
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

@MainframeDude : Introspect and then decide if you MBA would add value to your carreer or technical carrer would do fine. Money and Fame are every field if you are good.

@Others: Never quit Job for the sake of CAT and other MBA entrance exam. It's from my personal experience.

Do continue the discussion here :

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/personal-career-cat-job-dilemma-queries-a-repository-25009670

The above thread is quite active and you can have a discussion with people who are studying MBA which would enable you to see the problems in a different prespective.

All the best.

@Mods : Please close this thread.

Tepper School of Business - Carnegie Mellon University, Class of 2017 - GMAT 760
:( Sorry to hear that. Have you landed another job yet? I hope you have.

I have all calls except IIM-A. I'm waiting. I've lost a lot of peace, I think people are thinking I'm on drugs, and I've become somewhat insane.

For me, getting into an IIM is not a problem. The truth is I don't know if I should give up my love of my technical job, and go for an MBA. The truth is I don't know if it will be worthwhile cost wise. And there is no "matured" guidance available.

There's the EL Cheapo crowd which loves one-liners - "It's a no brainer dude! 360-degree education", "MBA will open your world!" (who said it was closed?) etc. Then there are matured folks who would understand my concerns, but I don't have any access to such people.

Plus the culture of IIMs are the typical, filthy Indian crowd: academically brilliant beyond words, but cheap attitude and demeaning in more ways than one. Youtube videos testify that: XL is maa kaa bho*da, the skits, the birthday celebrations.....disgusting.

No sure what I'm getting into.

I guess u have just hit the tune of commonality. Y do u think indians are crazy about IIMs. Well, most wont say it in the interviews but its money and Status NOT Job. They knw that the managerial job may b the most uninteresting work they have ever done, but who cares until they get loads of money. Money reflects in our words, rather than the work. I dont blame anyone for this, because we are still a developing nation, with not a very great standard of life, so before thinking about work we think about how profitable the stuff is. Read "Tipping Point", and u will understand how situations effect thinking abilities. (The Power of context).
Even when u spoke the 5.5K figure came up first :), which was the matter of concern for u. So, u need to choose either "Job Satisfaction" or "Money and Status." Of course, the best possible situation would be both in the same job.
😞 Sorry to hear that. Have you landed another job yet? I hope you have.

I have all calls except IIM-A. I'm waiting. I've lost a lot of peace, I think people are thinking I'm on drugs, and I've become somewhat insane.

For me, getting into an IIM is not a problem. The truth is I don't know if I should give up my love of my technical job, and go for an MBA. The truth is I don't know if it will be worthwhile cost wise. And there is no "matured" guidance available.

There's the EL Cheapo crowd which loves one-liners - "It's a no brainer dude! 360-degree education", "MBA will open your world!" (who said it was closed?) etc. Then there are matured folks who would understand my concerns, but I don't have any access to such people.

Plus the culture of IIMs are the typical, filthy Indian crowd: academically brilliant beyond words, but cheap attitude and demeaning in more ways than one. Youtube videos testify that: XL is maa kaa bho*da, the skits, the birthday celebrations.....disgusting.

No sure what I'm getting into.
sankritya Says
i quit my job.....just to prepare for CAT...hoping to get a decent percentile..........got a ****ing 94.84 with DI 60......no calls from IIMs.......SIBM reject............

dont worry dude..u got company..that is ME.. even i got screwed up in CAT..counting high on SCMHRD and NM..

i quit my job.....just to prepare for CAT...hoping to get a decent percentile..........got a ****ing 94.84 with DI 60......no calls from IIMs.......SIBM reject............

Just said no to a flight to Fremont, California - which would take me to a $ 5500/month job. And I was guaranteed that there would be no return for the next 3 to 4 years, since it's a gigantic legacy application that has no end.

All this given up, for the upcoming interviews for IIMs. God help me, for I cannot explain what I went through while saying "no".