ISB - Tough Placement Times

145 Posts  ·  69 Users
About this group
Hi, I am starting this new thread to help people look into the placements of ISB this year and considering that many of you might be applying to ISB this thread might be an eye opener for the amount that you are going to pay. I thought you ...
Page 1 of 15

Can anyone tell about the current placement scenario of ISBR bangalore plzz ???

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi guys I am in second year MBA at KJ Somaiya. The placement season would be starting soon and I have taken finance as my specialization. I wanted to know how can I prepare for the finance tests which the companies would take and if there is any book or website which can give some questions in finance. I have no finance background but I gave my CFA Level 1 exam this june.

Thank You
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thanks the link provides all the info..

rgds

Well , the kind of job one gets after his/her MBA is a function on pre mba profile of the person and the kind of effort that one puts during the MBA. For instance if you have an IT background and you want to go for Ibanking post your MBA, you need to develop a profile that would make you competitive with other students who are already having several years of ibanking/PE/fin experience. For instance a very large number of students at ISB come from Ibanking background. At the same time there are lot of folks with non fin background who want to move to Ibanking. So these guys have to work extra hard, take a lot of advanced fin courses, pick up ELP projects in finance and probably write some research papers , score top grades at ISB to become competitive with fin background students. Top bschools will provide you the path and help you achive your goals but no school can guarantee you a career you wish.

Regarding 2009 placement details, please visit Placements,Full Time Post Graduate Programme in Management - Indian School of Business (ISB). All the details were uploaded couple of months ago. not sure what inference are you trying to make with the number of intl placements.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
its a serious matter..which one should consider.its not only about getting a job, but getting the right job, matching ones expectations and skill sets.. getting job would not be tough,but would i get my dream job..thats the question to ask...

Also if international placements have been substantially less, i feel it should have taken lessee time to compile the data and stats should have been out by now, atleast before Rr

Well , the kind of job one gets after his/her MBA is a function on pre mba profile of the person and the kind of effort that one puts during the MBA. For instance if you have an IT background and you want to go for Ibanking post your MBA, you need to develop a profile that would make you competitive with other students who are already having several years of ibanking/PE/fin experience. For instance a very large number of students at ISB come from Ibanking background. At the same time there are lot of folks with non fin background who want to move to Ibanking. So these guys have to work extra hard, take a lot of advanced fin courses, pick up ELP projects in finance and probably write some research papers , score top grades at ISB to become competitive with fin background students. Top bschools will provide you the path and help you achive your goals but no school can guarantee you a career you wish.

Regarding 2009 placement details, please visit Placements,Full Time Post Graduate Programme in Management - Indian School of Business (ISB). All the details were uploaded couple of months ago. not sure what inference are you trying to make with the number of intl placements.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

its a serious matter..which one should consider.its not only about getting a job, but getting the right job, matching ones expectations and skill sets.. getting job would not be tough,but would i get my dream job..thats the question to ask...

Also if international placements have been substantially less, i feel it should have taken lessee time to compile the data and stats should have been out by now, atleast before Rr

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

test kkdjzxkljds

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

test test test

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Salary drop is one issue, which is possibly less critical.
But the kind of jobs one got and the degree of satisfaction with the jobs one got vs what one expected/hoped for when one joined the ISB/PGPX?PGPEX etc is a very different matter.
I would suspect many would have to accept what ever job they got whether or not they like it!
Given the state of the economy, I guesss nothing much can be done in this regard.

The point then is, are these programmes really worth the money! Will these, at least in the long term, give the kind of career shift/lift people hope for, when they join these programmes!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I think if thats the case with regards to the placements at ISB then the situation is not as alarming as it has been made out to be in all the different forums and media. If you consider the IIM A PGPX program there was a similar % drop and so was the case in other leading b schools in India and abroad.

Hopefully things will start slowly getting back on track from next year onwards.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

The detailed placement report should be available in coming weeks. You would get the data you want then. But as expected, the number would be much lesser than 2008 numbers when 100+ international offers were made

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...