ISB : Pipe Dream?

1 Post  ·  1 User
About this group
All,I'm thinking about applying to b schools next year to start my MBA in Fall 2014. I currently live in Nashville, TN, USA and both my wife and I wanna move back to the motherland. Since we wanna move back I'm looking at ISB for my MBA program....
Page 1 of 1

All,

I'm thinking about applying to b schools next year to start my MBA in Fall 2014. I currently live in Nashville, TN, USA and both my wife and I wanna move back to the motherland. Since we wanna move back I'm looking at ISB for my MBA program. Here's my background and here's why I wanna go to b schools:

I have a Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering. I worked as a post-doctoral research associate at an University for 3 years on an application oriented project and realized that universities rarely translate research directly to commercial products. Therefore, I switched over to work in industry. I'm working as a Research Scientist at a start up now where I get to translate my research to commercial products. Working at a start up made me realize that I can be my own boss some day and take my research directly to the markets. I however need to learn corporate finance before starting my own company and hence the thought of getting a MBA.

Given my career path and aspirations, is it a pipe dream for me to apply to b schools? I will be 35 when I start my MBA. Better late than never but will I be too old for ISB?

Thanks in advance for all your replies

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...