ISB Admission 2019 | Placements | Current Student Network

1,200 Posts  ·  16,776 Users
About this group

Join the discussion on ISB Aspirants and Get all the details about ISB Admission, ISB Coaching, ISB Palcements, ISB Fees, GMAT Score For ISB much more from our MBA section

Page 1 of 120

Get Ready for ISB Admissions ...How  Read Now https://bit.ly/2DavgWL  

Post 47443099869910
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Update: Indian School of Business (ISB) is now inviting applications for its executive MBA-level programmes. The admission process for Post Graduate Programme in Management for Senior Executives (PGPMAX) and Post Graduate Programme in Management for Family Business (PGPMFAB) is open till July 1, according to a release.

www.AdmitLane.com

www.AdmitLane.com - by ISB | INSEAD | TOP 20 US MBA School Alumni 
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Everyone ! I need your suggestion. I want to pursue 1 year MBA in IIM/ISB. My profile as follows - I have 8 years experience with 2 years in software consultancy, 2 years in RBI as assistant and now 4 years as Inspector in Min of Finance ( Officer job through SSC CgL) . I do have go grades in X/XII/BTech. What are the placement options for students with Govt sector experience in ISB/ IIMA / B 1 year mba courses.? Does IIM fit my profile or ISB ? Need your suggestion.

4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
admitlane
@admitlane  ·  171 karma

@VineeKrishna Your approach is correct. MBA has to add value pre- and post- , otherwise it is not a value add. Mostly, instead of thinking about MBA as an option that will give you a career utilising your govt. dept. experience, you should think about MBA that can open the doors to new opportunities (that may not even have correlation to your past career but would be exciting). You can get a better job opportunity if you are open to exploring. Also, this is the right time to talk to IIM current executive program students and also reahc out to Senior Exec club within ISB to know the ground reality.

www.AdmitLane.com

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
vishusince88
@vishusince88  ·  226 karma

@VineeKrishna hii I am of same profile...would like to connect...read inbox..I have shared my number there

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear all,

A gentle reminder that ISB Round 1 deadline is on September 15th 2019. Please visit: http://www.apphelp.co.in/ISB-deadlines.htm for more information and http://www.apphelp.co.in/ISB-Essays.htm for sample essays.

Regards,

Team Apphelp.

Apphelp : India's #1 MBA admissions consultancy | Phone: +91 9871354580  | Email: info@apphelp.co.in 

Apphelp : India's #1 MBA admissions consultancy | Phone: +91 9871354580  | Website: http://www.apphelp.co.in | Email: info@apphelp.co.in 
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What does it take for a standout ISB essay?

Well, there is good news and bad news!

First, the bad news is that there is no one formula and there is no one right way. And the good news is that there is only one story you have to write, YOURS!

Whether you’re in Automotive Ops and want to move into Consulting, or you’re a chip R&D engineer who wants to move into Product Management, your own story is what the Admissions team would love to hear! So, do not make it sound like you’re already a consulting fit or already a product management fit. If you were, why would you want to join ISB and spend a bomb?

But if you were aware about yourself, you sure would have knowledge gaps? Or maybe lack of opportunities by virtue of network or geographical constraints? And you are 100% sure there is no faster way to get yourself up-to speed and fill the gaps but through 1 year at ISB! Does that sound like a better story?

Or

Maybe you already love what you were doing and you would want to grow on the path you already chose, then are you looking for acceleration? So that when you’re out in the world again after the MBA, you have a pole position on the race day!

There are a million right stories and there is only one YOU. A standout essay is the one that breaks into your past professional and personal fears/concerns/awareness and comes out a winner in the end (with a clear plan), such that not only you would but also ISB would benefit from you.

| www.AdmitLane.com |

www.AdmitLane.com - by ISB | INSEAD | TOP 20 US MBA School Alumni 
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

ISB PGP Application Essay Analysis: Class of 2021 (2020 intake)

ISB’s application portal is now live for its PGP class of 2021 (2020 intake). 

The components of the application are pretty much the same as last year. After modifying the language of the essays in 2018 (for 2019 intake), ISB has retained the same set of essays. The key elements that ISB is looking for in you remain the same - diversity, differentiated skills, need for an MBA, etc. Here’s our take on the two essays,

Essay 1: At ISB we value diversity as it enhances both the in-class and out of class learning experience. Tell us how would you contribute to the same? (400 words)

This is the classic ‘Why you’ essay wherein ISB gives you ample opportunities to demonstrate your skills and achievements albeit it has spelt out ‘diversity’ very clearly. Hence, a little more thought is required on what you construe as ‘diversity’. Apart from that, this one is similar to the ones asked in previous years with different use of words. For instance, 

· 2013: Please make a strong case to differentiate yourself from an exceptional set of applicants applying for PGP 

· 2012: If we were to admit one more student to the class of 2012, make a compelling argument as to why that student should be you? 

· 2011: Give 3 reasons as to why you should be selected to the class of 2011. 

These reasons should ideally differentiate you from the applicant pool and should be backed with some data. 

There should be two underlying themes in your essay: 

· Your achievements highlighting your merit and differentiation or the diversity you bring to the class 

· How would you contribute to the overall experience of your peers and ISB as a whole 

Your ‘themes’ should be underpinned by concrete examples and the attributes highlighted in those. You should not mention more than 2-3 attributes so that you can articulate well within the world limit. These examples could be personal or professional, pick them based on overall impact your actions had. Also, remember that the areas covered in these essays complement other parts of your application.

Essay 2: Enrolling in a Business School is an important career decision. Critically look at your career to date, the choices you have made, the key influences behind those choices, your goals for the future and how do you think ISB's PGP can help you in achieving your goals? (300 words)

This is the ‘Why PGP’ or ‘Why MBA’ essay and ISB wants to know how it would enable you to achieve your goals. This essay should cover WHAT are your goals; HOW a PGP fits in the picture and WHY ISB is your choice. The space could be a challenge in this essay given there’s a lot to fit in.
You should start with your overall experience so far and career plans in the short and long term. Make sure to articulate the linkage between your past and the future you envision for yourself, i.e. why you want a particular career path. Also, try to be specific about the industry or role you target.
Then the focus should be on how a PGP from ISB fill the gaps between where you are and where you would like to be. This is your opportunity to showcase the research you’ve conducted on ISB. Avoid mentioning things such as world-class faculty and infrastructure, networking, etc. Instead, be specific - cover specific clubs, events and courses which would help your achieve your goals. 

Overall, be specific and to the point. Remember, brevity is key!

Good luck!

Regards,

Team S4G

www.strategy4gmat.com | An ISB alumni venture | Ph: +91 7087234600

www.strategy4gmat.com | An ISB alumni venture | Ph: 7087234600
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Please review my profile.

Acads:

X th - 96% - District 3rd - State 11th

XII th - 98% - State 1st - Received Chief Minister Award

CA - Cleared all 3 levels (CPT, IPC and Finals) in 1st Attempt

B.Comm - Distinction (pursued via correspondence)

Work-ex:

Worked as an AVP in a Leading Inv Bank for 51 months.

Currently practicing CA.

Extra-curricular:

State and District level Chess Player

Pursued literary competitions throughout school and won prizes. 

Part of various initiatives to help women & childern during my corporate role

5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
strategy_4gmat
@strategy_4gmat  ·  1 karma

@MBA_CA_Girl Its a well-rounded profile with a good mix of academics, work experience and extra-curriculars. ISB would love to interview you if you present a well-structured story in your essays. Like any other exam, the higher the score, the better, but even a 680 would give you a strong chance as you come from a "diverse" i.e. "non-engineer, non-IT" background. Good luck! In case of any further queries, visit www.strategy4gmat.com | An ISB alumni venture to help you get into your dream B-school | Ph: +91 7087234600 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
MBA_CA_Girl
@MBA_CA_Girl  ·  1 karma

Thanks a lot for your reply. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi, Kindly review my profile. Xth: 86%, XIIth: 81.50%, BE: 60%. Work experience: 3.5 years in a Multistate Co-Op Bank as a Credit Officer. Not attempted GMAT yet.

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
admitlane
@admitlane  ·  171 karma

@aimJB As a credit officer, you really need to bring out stories that would differentiate you in the essays - maybe that critical deal that you underwrote or something differentiating you did for the organisation or you growth in the role itself. Remember the credit officer profile could be common amongst PSU profile candidates and hence your essays should stand out. From GMAT point of view, we would recommend 710+.

www.AdmitLane.com

strategy_4gmat
@strategy_4gmat  ·  1 karma

@aimJB The academics seem average but the work experience is a little "diverse" and will be the strong point of your application. You havent shared any extra curricular achievements but I assume they are not major (regional / national level). Overall, this is an average profile which can be strengthened by (a) a high GMAT score of 720+ (b) solid essays with a clear story connecting your past, present, why MBA and future goals and (c) some extra curriculars to add colour to your profile. Good luck! Do let us know in case of any further queries. Team S4G www.strategy4gmat.com | An ISB alumni venture | Ph: +91 7087234600 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi everyone. We are a group of marketing enthusiasts who have done various projects in b...ng, marketing strategy, sales ,content strategy, digital marketing, etc. both during and post  our MBA. We will be sharing posts on a regular basis which will help you in your MBA journey with respect to: 

- Placements
   - Case Studies
   - Projects
   - Exams

and many other spheres of life. We would love if you gain something important from our page 

https://www.instagram.com/make_a_mark_in_marketing/

1 like1 comment
admitlane
@admitlane  ·  171 karma

Great initiative!

www.Admitlane.com

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi team I have a 5 years of experience in financial MNC, is the ISB PGP Pro right course for me ?

2 comments
ABatExperts
@ABatExperts  ·  25 karma

@sauravkumarmcp Your work experience works well for the ISB PGP Pro as it is just around the average work experience for the program; however, your post is lacking a fair bit of information pertaining to your profile; hence, we are unable to offer you a detailed evaluation. Should you feel the need for a detailed evaluation, you could drop in a personal message with your credentials. All the best!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
admitlane
@admitlane  ·  171 karma

@sauravkumarmcp Too less information for us to help you out. We would say you're still in that sweet bracket where you can still target ISP PGP program instead of Pro and plus you will have better placement support from ISB.

www.Admitlane.com

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...