ISB Class of 2014 aspirants.

13,888 Posts  ·  7,687 Users
About this group
'The admission process for the PGP class of 2014 will be open in the month of April 2012.' This thread is for all aspirants who want to be a part of ISB CO2014. Starting this thread on 16th Feb and it shall end on 15th Feb 2013 with the R2 ad...
Page 1 of 1,389

Hey!

Ishaan here (ISB Alum - class of 2020)! As the Round 1 application deadlines of B schools are approaching, if you are looking for:

1. Help on GMAT score improvement and strategy

2. Profile Evaluation for candidature fit

3. Detailed feedback on essays

Connect with me on +91-9620917171. I have converted ISB, Duke Fuqua, and Michigan Ross in the past and am willing to help serious candidates.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hlo

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@visionIIM-ACL @grondmaster --

Kindly close this thread... These is another thread running for 2016 aspirants... this thread just leads to duplication of queries..

Link:-

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/isb-class-of-2016-aspirants-25114081

Press 'like' if you like my comment !!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I want to improve my argument writing skills.. Please suggest where to start practicing..??

1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

My profile, 4 years + Work Ex as officer in a psu - insurance. Qualifications : X-80.50, XII - 91, B tEch - EIE-70, Fellowship in Insurance. EC - School head boy, inter school chess champ, Dramas etc. Acad - twice Dist III in elocution , state level organizer of UNcelebrations

(school), no EC is College daysembarrased

, at college Cash prizes at various Tech fests. and three projects in Embedded systems before joining insurance field.
I have given three serious CAT attempts and cleared IMT G , NITIE but not one in the TOP10. this yr WL for IIFT :(. CAT oscillated 94 to 98 %ile with consistent 99.xx in QA. VA ruined.

I am thinking of applying for R2. not even started preparing for GMAT, no passport😠, worse my essay writing is pathetic.. this is my present position.
My query is

Will it be wise to take GMAT in mid sep.? Will the time suffice for preparing the GMAT and essays etc. Please reply.

ISB Class of 2016
2 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I wanted to know which is the best institute for GMAT prep in Pune?? The options i know are Jamboree,Dilip OAks Academy , Careerforum , Princeton Review. Can anybody suggest which is good and what are the other options available?? also what is the best way to select an institute when you are totally unfamiliar with the environment??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@visionIIM-ACL Sir please close this thread, as its creating confusion among aspirants.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have following queries about GMAT & ISB, experts please help:

1) How to start preparing specially for Verbal, currently i can score 24-25 in verbal & 49-50 in Quant. How to improve my score upto 40 in verbal. My schooling was in Hindi medium & i prepared for CAT for last 1 year. Percentile in CAT:
CAT 2012- Quant-96.96, Verbal- 88.90, Overall -96.14 (Without Preparation)
CAT 2013- Quant- 98.23, Verbal- 44.98, Overall- 87.37(After Preparation) Prometric sucks 😠

2) Which other top 100 B-schools in world has fees below 30 lakhs?
3) Where i can get Mocks (at least 20) & practice tests (specially for verbal) for GMAT like TIME & CL provide for CAT?
4) If i want to apply for ISB in R1, till when should i take GMAT, so that i can get ample time for essays? Also i will we preparing simultaneously for CAT/XAT/IIFT after writing GMAT..
5) I have ordered OG-13 edition & Manhattan Sentence correction books through flipkart. what other books are recommended?
6) If i get into ISB, which Bank in India give loan for full fee & accommodation without collateral?
7) Howmuch consultant charge generally for ESSAY writing help & for Interview preparation?

Thanx in advance
6 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

I recently completed my schooling and got a CGPA 10 in my 10th standard(From CBSE). I wish to do a BBA from India(and Abroad if possible) but do not understand the way to proceed. Neither I understand the type of exams one has to face for a BBA nor I get their books. Looking at my capability, I'm quite stubborn about myself being in one of the best colleges in the country. Can anyone please help me out !
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

Currently I am 4 years of experience in IT industry presently with Deloitte and I want to pursue an Executive MBA from ISB, targetting an admission for 2015-16.
I am a new bee and had gone through your website, just wanted to know what kind of profile will make my candidature strong for the admission process.

Regards
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...