ISB Class 2014

272 Posts  ·  322 Users
About this group
Hello All, As we are thru with 80% admissions of ISB class 2013... All the dingers, newbies its time to start afresh with your GMAT preps.. and Goal of ISB- class 2014. :: Lets make this thread as structural as possible .. starting with ...
Page 1 of 28

please suggest 5 safe b-schools in usa for 3 years work ex and 700 gmat score (IR 4, AWA : 5.5, Q 48, V 38). Thanx in advance.

7 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 7
ivyctor2010
@ivyctor2010  ·  923 karma

maryland is good. But do check out for the opportunities post MBA. What kind of profiles people get into. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
pam25
@pam25  ·  56 karma

@ivyctor2010 but Illinois has better ranking ain't it?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@grondmaster @visionIIM-ACL --

Kindly close this thread... These is another thread running for 2016 aspirants... this thread just leads to duplication of queries..

Link:-

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/isb-class-of-2016-aspirants-25114081

Press 'like' if you like my comment !!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello All,

I am totally new to GMAT.

I have 3 years and 6 months of experience in TCS.

My professional experience is in ERP Oracle Applications mainly as an Oracle Technical Consultant.

Have good knowledge of Order to Cash and Procure to Pay Cycle.

Btech-71

12 th-70.68

10th -85.6

What GMAT score is considered as a good one for my kind of profile to get into ISB ,especially for the one year programs.

I am planning to take GMAT around mid sep.

Can you please suggest.?

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
ilove
@ilove  ·  0 karma

Thanks Mansie for you inputs.Actually i have recently relocated to hyderabad and as such dont have much contacts in office so as to share viewpoints regarding GMAT and its preparation.I would definitely take a mock test.😃

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
MansieDewanConsulting
@MansieDewanConsulting  ·  5,861 karma
@ilove 😃 great..all the best!
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Revykt0up_28nLBnbYIYg6HLRVYvQq5Faywo_oAle8I/edit#gid=0

Can you please fill out this IIM - B waitlist tracker for general students. People who've got both ISB and IIMB and opting ISB over IIMB - please spare a few minutes to fill this out.. It would be of immense help to many people. Thank you. And congratulations!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All,

I have converted XLRI (BM) and I am confused whether I should go for it or not. I have 4 years of Work Experience in Business Analytics and at Assistant manager role. Is it worth joining XLRI after this much experience or should I go for ISB later after an year. What will help me more on a long term basis.

1 comment
ivyctor2010

Depends on what are your long term career goals and what kind of a role are you looking at, post MBA

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
dreams_13
@dreams_13  ·  0 karma

I am looking for consulting jobs

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello All... I am new to GMAT....Based on my profile please tell what should be the ideal score for me to get ISB call........

B.Tech - 74% (Mechanical Engg)

10th - 83%

12th - 80%

Working for Tata Engineering Services (2 years) - Aerospace Domain (Rolls Royce Aero Engine)

7 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 7
MansieDewanConsulting
@MansieDewanConsulting  ·  5,861 karma
@bolero keen eye! Keep it up!!
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
ivyctor2010

TES Aerospace design - would be interesting a profile to talk about to Adcom.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi, I am currently working as a journalist (with one of the top publications since 2010) and have an overall 4+ years work ex. I have been a cricket player and played Ranji trophy as well. My acads have been average though. what score should i aim?

thanks

1 comment
ivyctor2010

Are we talking of GMAT score? in case you are planning to appear for GMAT and want to get into top B Schools in India/US/UK, you need to target a score of 700+. All the best

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have 19 months of exp in Accenture Pvt Ltd . Academics 10th 90% 12th 85% Btech - 70%. Involved in lot of activities like Editor of official college magazine ; Marketing Team in College ; Organized and hosted several events at college level ; Active part of an NGO ; Partner in a start-up business . I have not given Gmat yet. Could you pls advise how to go about the admission process. Will I be eligible for 2014 admissions ? What is minimum GMAT score required for me ?

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
TAVRAN
@TAVRAN  ·  0 karma

then ?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Llewellyn75
@Llewellyn75  ·  8,450 karma

try class of 2015

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What are my chances with GMAT score of 640 for ISB admission. I have Integrated M.SC. from IIT Kharagpur with 4 years of work experience with Schlumberger at onshore and offshore locations worldwide.

2 comments
ivyctor2010

640 as an average score is not a great score for sure. But if you are a non IT guy and with an experience which is different in terms of responsibilities and the opportunities you have shouldered, you have a fair chance. Not to forget your passions and your likes away from work. Also decent acads would be favourable.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
vidhisn
@vidhisn  ·  0 karma

Since you would be applying only for next year, I suggest give the GMAT again and aim at a score higher than 680

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Sir,

I think I'm a little late in asking this, but can we still get feedback for R1 rejects?
I was not in india and caught up with office work so missed out on posting sooner.
Do let me know.

Thanks
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...