ISB Aspirants 2012-Irrelevant Chit Chat Thread

1,136 Posts  ·  55 Users
About this group
For all Irrelevant Chit Chat with respect to ISB while we await for results can be discussed here. Basically this thread is for Social Networking For applicants who are awaiting results for ISB 2012 for Round 2. To find relevant information Please...
Page 1 of 114

How many of the you who got reject for Co2012 will be applying in R1 for Co2013?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@thedarklard and others.

Is anyone planning to apply in R1 next year. Will it really make any sense as 5-6 months is really very short period of time to work on any feedback (that will come in April as well) other than GMAT score.

Any thoughts/idea/suggestion....most welcome !!

I have the same concern too.

Any solid step can only be taken after the feedback is given in April. I guess it depends on the feedback then if re-applying within 5 or 6 months makes sense.

ash2012 Says
Yes consciousboy. I agree that it will depend on type of feedback. But one thing is sure that I if apply again it has to be in R1.
I have following thoughts (more applicable to rejects) -

1. Since you already have had your interview and got a reject, you must have done introspection on what went wrong (if not then now is the time to do it). That introspection may not be correct to the last dot but you will have a fair idea of what you could have done better. If the interview was mostly based on your essays then you have a fair idea of which part of your essays invited a lot of cross questioning and what part was appreciated. I will work on those parts that attracted a lot of cross questioning because cross questioning implies that that part was not explained in essays comprehensively.
2. If the interview was based mostly on Why MBA kind of question then you have to work on answers to those questions.
3. Ask for feedback from ISB and work on the same. I am not saying that everything that will come out of feedback is achievable in 5-6 months but you will be able to show the steps you have taken to work on feedback. Say for e.g. feedback says - lack of leadership ablility then your next essay should show some of the steps you have taken in order to be a leader. It can be as small as leading a small design in the project or as big as starting your own company. I think, ISB also understands that you cannot work on all the feedback in 5-6 months. For reapplicants, I think it is more important to show how you have started working on feedback and the changes it has brought in your personality rather than showing how you have "completed" the feedback point.

--- just my thoughts.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Any solid step can only be taken after the feedback is given in April. I guess it depends on the feedback then if re-applying within 5 or 6 months makes sense.

Yes consciousboy. I agree that it will depend on type of feedback. But one thing is sure that I if apply again it has to be in R1.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@thedarklard and others.

Is anyone planning to apply in R1 next year. Will it really make any sense as 5-6 months is really very short period of time to work on any feedback (that will come in April as well) other than GMAT score.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@thisguy,

Try for R1 this time. Which means you've about 5 months to get your new and improved app ready. As we all find out, in a hard way, R1 was wayyyyyyyyyyyy less competitive than R2.

All the best!

@thedarklard and others.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Laaaaaastttttt roll call:

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

Group will be closed on monday.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@thisguy,

Try for R1 this time. Which means you've about 5 months to get your new and improved app ready. As we all find out, in a hard way, R1 was wayyyyyyyyyyyy less competitive than R2.

All the best!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Roytroy,

Your post is too relevant mate.

I see that you have posted your query in the aspirants thread and in this thread but not in the thread where you actually should have - the thread meant for admits. Find the link below:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/isb-class-of-2012-admits-25060003

For such an important query, you are better off directly calling ISB and confirming :)

There is apparently a Facebook group too for all admits. Try searching for it.

Hearty congratulations, btw.

Thanks a ton consciousboy!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi guys!!
Am sorry to be posting below query in the 'irrelevant' thread!!

The only thing mentioned in the admit email is to transfer a non refundable deposit of 2 lakhs by 2 march 2011.
Anything else to be done to confirm acceptance?

Roytroy,

Your post is too relevant mate.

I see that you have posted your query in the aspirants thread and in this thread but not in the thread where you actually should have - the thread meant for admits. Find the link below:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/isb-class-of-2012-admits-25060003

For such an important query, you are better off directly calling ISB and confirming :)

There is apparently a Facebook group too for all admits. Try searching for it.

Hearty congratulations, btw.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi guys!!
Am sorry to be posting below query in the 'irrelevant' thread!! But this is where I really hope to get an answer from, understanding the popularity and the enthu!

The only thing mentioned in the admit email is to transfer a non refundable deposit of 2 lakhs by 2 march 2011.
Anything else to be done to confirm acceptance?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...