Is work exp and age of 29-30 negative for IIMs ?

7 Posts  ·  6 Users
About this group
I have 6 years for work experience in government / administration. Otherwise I have done BTech and MTech with fairly high scores. Is this rather long exp a deterrent for admission as also the age, given that most who get admitted to IIMs are 20ish...
Page 1 of 1
nice shot at cutting the competetion buddy

We can always try right
Command like a king, work like a slave.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
You make me look so inconsequential

me had the same feeling ..... so thought others shud share my misery...

. How bout jumping the gun and giving a shot at FPM ?

nice shot at cutting the competetion buddy,,,,,,,,
6 yrs exp M. Tech

You make me look so inconsequential

u stand a good chance buddy

Understatement of the week

t2s: Just a fleeting thought. You have a Master's with you. How bout jumping the gun and giving a shot at FPM ?

Regards,

hummmm I see competetion for IIMs really hotting up...

6 yrs exp M. Tech..... my my... u stand a good chance buddy

Pagalguy is right.
And T2S..if you manage a good score @ the Cat then what basis cud an insts probably think if grounding you..its all a matter of a decent score..and be prepared for the fact that you will be thor. grilled in the interview on the age aspect(i.e y such a late dec of bschooling).. :!:
Moreover seeing the trend of todays manager it will not long before IIMs realize the need of a stong work-ex before getting into a b-school.
So hang in there and try to ace the Test as of now..

I have personally seen a doctor get into the IIMs. IIMs don't discriminate, but you will surely be interrogated as to why you are choosing for management education and how it lines up in your career progression. You have a swell chance at IIMB. You have a master's degree and 6 years work ex. They'll surely give you the one over

Regards,

t2s
@t2s  ·  0 karma

I have 6 years for work experience in government / administration. Otherwise I have done BTech and MTech with fairly high scores. Is this rather long exp a deterrent for admission as also the age, given that most who get admitted to IIMs are 20ish and 0-2 work ex people? Is IIMB or any other instt inclined towards people like me? 😃