Is it too late to go for career counselling.

14 Posts  ·  23 Users
About this group
Hi, I want some help from u guys. I am very confused about my career. I have completed my graduation with PCM as subjects with 65 %. My SSC result was on the same line I mean 65%(CBSE). I ve completed my graduation in 2003 than started prep...
Page 1 of 2

indeed. whenever i'm a bit frustrated abt my career progression, admission etc...i think of my evergreen friend who is complements his strenous guitar practice with an attitude that borders on nonchalance and here I am stressing over ROI over my MBA, the right career moves etc. He reminds me to stop and relish the moment, ever so fleeting.....i better stop now...:)

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

P.S I have a friend who has 7 years in the IT industry (production engg from REC and top firm), he is 28 and has plans for higher studies in the US. Nothing remarkable. Except that he is applying for a four year bachelors degree... in music (classical guitar).

Inspirational indeed. I really admire such guys who (a) know where they want to go (b) know how to get there, and most importantly (c) have the guts and gumption to traverse the "less travelled path"

Arun
India's fastest growing GMAT & GRE Test Prep Company: http://crackverbal.com
Reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. Alice asked the Cheshire cat "Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?" "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.

Hope that gives you an idea. Without that, no one in the whole wide world can help you or anyone else.

Arun
India's fastest growing GMAT & GRE Test Prep Company: http://crackverbal.com

a_chaskar its never too late , if u feel that it can help u then why not? But perhaps there are questions that you could answer better to yourself, u got to rethink with a clear head & maybe involve ur near & dear ones in the discussion.Only u can say what is best for u considering all the pros & cons (at ur side which no one else is aware of). There is no point feeling low atleast u have realized ,now put some constructive efforts in making your situation better. u r the best judge for yourself!

asif not everyone is god gifted(sensible/privileged coz of ur environment maybe ) like u to have thought of the course of life & perhaps that is what distinguishes each one of us.let us not ridicule by saying god save u coz not everyone is equally lucky or fortunate in so many contexts.

goodluck
mowngli.:)

hey guys all of you are doing a nice job ....asif to your rebuke to "what should i do....dude not everybody is that aware and knowledgeable as u and perhaps I are,,please read this guy's posts..i hope u will understand it......lets try helping if we can and incase we cant let us atleast not try making his situation any worse

i hope asif u dont take offense to it and i know creating problem for anybody was never ur idea

a_chaskar ...if you really want people to help you here ...divulge details about yourself honestly ...dont try selling urself u will have plenty of time for that in your interviews. tell exactly what stream college and year have you done ur graduation from ,,,what job have you taken up ....how many months exactly

and i concur with asif CAT is not everything .... if u just cant look beyond that 2 hour exam man its the media hype thats caught u nothing else.....and yaa u need to sit at peace and introspect what do u really like and can do ...

Same question by two people in a day and both on different threads. Mods seem to be sleeping at least club the threads if not closing them.

As for the advice. dood how can you ask such open ended quetions like "what should I do", man do some research on your own.

I really feel if some one needs to ask others what to do, GOD save him.

sorry for being rude, but you need serious introspection, others cannot help.

Yaar duniya mein CAT or MBA hi sab kuch nahin hain.

There is a friend whose example I can quote, very bad acads, very bad CAT scores(20-50%ile) for repeated 2-3 years with dedicated sincere efforts, mind you he wasnt even working all that time, reached the height of frustration. Then enlightment dawned on him, he quit planning for CAT. Took up a small job, joined a part-time MBA course from a decent college.

Now he is working with Standard Chartered for over a year, earning good money and good career growth.

---Asif
Hi all ,

I have read the thread which Routmanz has started, It was really a very nice thread. Usefull for the People, who want tomake career in Capital market .
Asif suggested it is only me who need to decide what I want to do in life.
Well that is true.
But there are some People like me those who are confused about career options. I think they need only professional help.

Thanks for Your suggestions.

Thank You very much .

By the way where you are working dude? Atleast you need to tell this to junta. Then it makes some sense to invest time and strategise. We are not career counsellors but even if you dont give complete information to counsellor, then dont expect a miracle. Counsellor is not god or there is no fixed formula to make a career.

Your current job status can give clues. If you are extremely happy with your current job, then this thread would not have been opened. So be happy where ever you are working i.e in BPO or non BPO. Do some short term courses which will help you to get some promotions.

Hi all ,

I have read the thread which Routmanz has started, It was really a very nice thread. Usefull for the People, who want tomake career in Capital market .
Asif suggested it is only me who need to decide what I want to do in life.
Well that is true.
But there are some People like me those who are confused about career options. I think they need only professional help.

Thanks for Your suggestions.

Thank You very much .

Same question by two people in a day and both on different threads. Mods seem to be sleeping at least club the threads if not closing them.

As for the advice. dood how can you ask such open ended quetions like "what should I do", man do some research on your own.

I really feel if some one needs to ask others what to do, GOD save him.

sorry for being rude, but you need serious introspection, others cannot help.

Yaar duniya mein CAT or MBA hi sab kuch nahin hain.

There is a friend whose example I can quote, very bad acads, very bad CAT scores(20-50%ile) for repeated 2-3 years with dedicated sincere efforts, mind you he wasnt even working all that time, reached the height of frustration. Then enlightment dawned on him, he quit planning for CAT. Took up a small job, joined a part-time MBA course from a decent college.

Now he is working with Standard Chartered for over a year, earning good money and good career growth.

---Asif

Thanks to Reply . In order to help me u have asked about my Background, Like/Dislikes. I am a 23 year old. By nature Iam introvert. My hobbies are writing Poem, reading books, Listening to Music . I can say Iam very much newsalcholic. Every time I watch news if I will sit in front of TV. In School I used to participate in many activities like Poem recitation, Debate, Extempore (All in Hindi) & games.
I am C Certificate holder in NCC Airwing. I wanted to become a Pilot but Failed in PABT TEST which is once in a lifetime.
I should not admit this but Iam pessimist in attitude.
I hope u will provide me with ur valuable suggestion.

My valuable suggestion: please provide some valuable information! I mean, hobbies, likes, dislikes etc is fine, but you need to tell what you`ve studied in college (PCM in graduation? isn`t that 12th standard?), how much you scored, where you`re working, what`s your job profile, etc etc. You need to forget all those poem recitation and extempore competitions in school (any chance you still mention them in your resume?!).

please be more specific about what you`re good at and what fields you really dislike. Only then can anyone else, or you yourself for that matter, can guide you.

PS: That you`re pessimistic is bad, that you admitted it is good, that you think you shouldn`t admit it is bad.
Thanks to Reply . In order to help me u have asked about my Background, Like/Dislikes. I am a 23 year old. By nature Iam introvert. My hobbies are writing Poem, reading books, Listening to Music . I can say Iam very much newsalcholic. Every time I watch news if I will sit in front of TV. In School I used to participate in many activities like Poem recitation, Debate, Extempore (All in Hindi) & games.

I am C Certificate holder in NCC Airwing. I wanted to become a Pilot but Failed in PABT TEST which is once in a lifetime.

I should not admit this but Iam pessimist in attitude.

I hope u will provide me with ur valuable suggestion.

For your fortunes to change....u need to become an optimist from pessimist....u need to overcome this negative thought process....

The best was to develop a positive attitude is START TALKING TO YOURSELF....tell yourself that u have seen the worst part of your career/life and that no grief/shock can be more painful than what u hv faced earlier......TALK TO YOURSELF.....man....its d best way....I too have faced so many ups n downs...career...personal....but then when u start talking to yourself u get a company in yourself....and nor do u feel lonely...its true dude...BE POSITIVE