is it too late now?

38 Posts  ·  32 Users
About this group
i have a problem! iam starting my preparation only now although i do have a bit of an idea of the pattern of the exam .I have enrolled for the aimcats(probably 10 left now) The thing is iam gonna stay home till the D day! so wondering guys! e...
Page 1 of 4
it just has to be your day on the 19th of november..thats most important..
n as of now u can just go on with your regular prep..as i always say...there's never a wrong time to do the right things!!

Exactly!!!

As Sachin would say..."Go get it"...
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
it just has to be your day on the 19th of november..thats most important..
n as of now u can just go on with your regular prep..as i always say...there's never a wrong time to do the right things!!

3) BE COOL.

Thats all I can think of :)

That's the best piece of advice on this thread....seriously

All it matters is keeping your cool....everything else will follow logically :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by goldberg23684

Try setting up a deadline to finish all the basics - Say October 1st..Start taking tests from then... And then work on getting every concept right from all the questions you couldnt answer in those tests.

I agree....Thank you for the gyaan goldberg bhai

If u have full 24 hrs in hand for the next 76 days, u r in a better position than most of us man!
so, 76*12=around 800 hrs in hand!!!
i definitely feel that u should aim for the max.
though its been over 13 mts since i've joined classes, i must admit i've done almost 80% of the prep. over the last 1.5 months.
and, till D day, i'll be involved in some or the other activities in my final yr.
so, I should be saying that i have a problem!

shreja10 Says
I too think that longshot is correct.But with 90%tile last year i don't think, its too late for you .

Exactly.....never too late to begin ...

As James Bond would say "Never Say Never Again"
Well Guys even I am in same boat. Although I enrolled for CL Mock CAts about a month back, I have been getting about late 80s in percentiles and for last 2 mock cats they have been secenties.

Now i wanna join a regular coaching,.....will any institute have any batches srarting in recent days

Hey nanosec...

I hope "del" means you reside in Delhi...

Anyway, many institutes have so called "crash courses" for CAT starting around jsut this time....and even if you are a bit late, they will take you in and help you make up for the time you supposedly lost. You can join these courses if coaching is all you are looking for. But first inquire about the class and more important if it is one of the "factories" (i.e. PT, TIME, IMS, CL or any other which has multiple centers), then please do inquire which particular center has a better rep in terms of faculty and stuff.

Trust me it matters...

But in the end....suno sab ki karo man ki

Listen to everyone, do what you think suits you best...After all you should know whats best for you.
All The Best

Well Guys even I am in same boat. Although I enrolled for CL Mock CAts about a month back, I have been getting about late 80s in percentiles and for last 2 mock cats they have been secenties.

Now i wanna join a regular coaching,.....will any institute have any batches srarting in recent days

I too think that longshot is correct.But with 90%tile last year i don't think, its too late for you .

hello puys, nice to see such a thread being startd for answering d most important question for a lot of guys like me:shud i prepare nw fr cat or bid adieu nd start lokking at cat-07..

well guys i 2 have a question in dis respect which seems even more critical and important (atleast fr me) at dis point of time....what shud be the aprropriate strategy/approach for people like me who havent really startd preparing????....shud i start wid building concepts of each section and den moving on to the mocks or does it make more sense to forget dat and only solve as many mock papers as possible...guys, its really bothering me as to hw shud i approach the cat preparation and make the most of d time available in hand...m nt asking fr quick results or shortcuts bt just wantd to knw as to wat exactly is d SMART WAY (which alot of people talk abt nd apply 2) to prepare rite nw to make maximum time-utilization in a productive way....cat repeaters, experienced guys or any1 who has faced a similar situation b4 or is facing nw with cat-2006, plz post as to hw u guys hd tackled this or what is d rite way to tackle....

i m in my final year nd will b havin university exams in second week of november gtin over on 18th...bt cn give abt 5-6 hrs a day fr my prep....so guys plz post in as to what shud be my strategy or the approach in these 2 months...m hoping fr a reply soon so dat d prep gets into gear....so guys, plz help and make things a little better and methodical fr people like me nd dose in similar situation...thanks in advance...

regards
dhiraj

Dhiraj...first things first....two important words when it comes to preparation strategy which have been harped time and again by CAT veterans and experts ... IT DEPENDS....individual to individual...

of course everyone here will give you their own suggestions, but you have to decide for yourself which plan would suit you the best...

There already have been many strategies thrown around on PG...

a few of them have been listed on this very thread too...go through them...reflect, and come up with your own strategy ( preferably before November 19th..:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:)

And yes....Its Never Too Late ( Corny, I know but true !!!!!!! )

HTH

If you are reading this thread-

1) Do SMART PREP- Identify your strengths and focus on improving it
2) Pay attention to the really important topics in Quant - Geometry and Numbers in QUant and make sure you are absolutely dead sure of these two topics and then move on to other topics.
3) BE COOL.

Try setting up a deadline to finish all the basics - Say October 1st..Start taking tests from then... And then work on getting every concept right from all the questions you couldnt answer in those tests.

Thats all I can think of 😃