Is it necessary to do MBA after BTech?

10 Posts  ·  15 Users
About this group
The MBA is a degree designed to give you the ability to develop your career to its fullest potential.
Page 1 of 1

what kind of difficulties r faced by a b.tech for doing MBA as it is completely change of background????..... Do the MBA is completely understandable for a b.tech background student??... please give me some suggestions..... 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

In today's corporate world to excel in field of your interest, Master Degree is recommended if you are looking for a management profile in the next coming years.

Remember an MBA degree can be pursued at any point of time irrespective of the academic or professional background.

In fact, majority of the B-schools require work experience as one of the qualifying criteria. Though you will find some top B-schools without work experience as there qualifying criteria, generally they expect excellent academic records.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello. Actually the word necessary encompasses a lot of possibilities, and I believe this ambiguity in interpretation is throwing a lot of people off in different directions.Let us take two of these possible interpretations.

If you intend to ask weather doing MBA is important for climbing the management hierarchy in your organization, then doing MBA can definitely help you with that. It will not only broaden your knowledge base and equip you with skill-sets required for handling business, but will also attach you with a recognized brand and professional network.

On the other hand if you are talking about happiness and satisfaction in your professional life (which according to me should be more preferred decision criterion), then MBA degree can definitely not guarantee you that. Hence, if happiness and satisfaction are your decision criterion, you actually have to do some self-introspection and figure out for yourself weather you are:

(a) Satisfied with what you are doing right now

(b) Whether there are good chances that the current nature of your job would continue to offer you with learning opportunities that will keep you relevant and interested even 20 years from now.

If the answer is yes to both the above questions, MBA is not required. Even if the answer is no, still MBA is not the only other way; then it could be a job-switch, a role-switch or further technical studies.

Regards,

Anshu

http://www.EssaysForMBA.com

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I think MBA after BTech is good option.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

If you are not interested in doing an MBA, you can go in for an M.Tech, and specialize in the field of study that you chose for your graduation. For this also, you will need to start preparing for the exams well in advance.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

According to me after BTech you should do job at least 2 year after that you Go for MBA. Then you will get a good college.

3 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

No I don't agree. there are tons of engineers who just like what they do. There is no requirement to do an MBA after B tech. It is upto you what you want to do. 

There are lot of architects who don't require an MBA and they are in love with Tech only.

Tepper School of Business - Carnegie Mellon University, Class of 2017 - GMAT 760
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

It is the need of hour , These days many companies are hiring for  BTECh + MBA.

I have heard IT companies prefer these kind of combinaton

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Yes it is , as MBA increases the growth graph in your career.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

The MBA is a degree designed to give you the ability to develop your career to its fullest potential.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...