There's no reason why it shouldn't. It's not like you were sitting around doing nothing. You worked. You gained certain experience. Besides, when I was part of one startup I learnt way more than working as a manager in a big corporation. In a small business you tend to grow quicker professionally. And as mentioned in https://artelogic.net/blog/post/how-to-scale-your-startup-team startup teams strive for innovation, always keep up with the demand and workload. They are doing their best to not let down their customers. So working in a family or any other startup business is defintely a work experience
I have a query regarding work-exp. I have been working with a Big-4 IT consulting from past 2 and a half years. From the last year, I have been helping out my younger brother with his start-up in the field of fashion. Recently, I have decided to give up my job as an IT consultant and join the business venture with my brother as a director of the firm. I have my GMAT score of around 730 , and planning to apply to ISB for round 1 this year, along with few other business schools in US.
Here are my queries:
1. Does this 6 month as a director of our start-up count as a relevant work-ex?If it does, what all documents and proofs are required to be submitted to the B-schools.?
2. In case, my start-up experience is counted as relevant work-ex , Can I still get a recommendation letter from my previous employer to be present to the B-Schools? (the industries and nature of job is entirely different and unrelated , prev emp. is IT , start-up is in fashion)
Please reply. TIA.
Expert and senior puys plz help!
(This has been asked in reference to CAT'13 exam.)
I have a query regarding work experience. I had opened a company with my brother some years back but I didn't take any salary out of it. I'm it's one of the director of the company.
(1) Now, can I use it to produce it as work-ex showing work experience on the certificate signed by other director?
(2) Do I need to produce any salary slip at the time of interview if I am selected for PI at any institute or is that only work-ex certificate enough?
#Please elaborate a bit to explain me if I can simply use the experience certificate instead of joining letters and salary slips.
(3) Does the panel cross-checks the authenticity of the certificate, I mean do they verify by calling at the office of the company?
10th :- 83% SSC
12th :- 75% HSC
B.E(Computer) :- 70%
I completed my B.E in 2012 and now I want to pursue MBA. I will take admission in a BSchool for the academic year 2014-2016.So there will be 2 years gap as I am currently not doing any job. I am currently into my Family Business. So these 2 years will be considered as gap or work experience. I mean is Family Business accepted as a work experience? What documents will be required to submit during admissions and placements?
I am not paid in our Business.I can only show an experience letter mentioning the duration and code of conduct.Will this suffice?
P.S : I had offers from Accenture and Infosys. But I did not join because I did not want to relocate at that point of time due to some family issues.
If I would have joined these companies as software engineer would it have had any value for my MBA?