Is CET a good bet...

7 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
hi all frm my experience in teaching at TIME/IMS i came to know 1 thing... poeple how find CAT tough.... simply jump to CET as their destiny... as paper sounds easy.... but if we hav a closer look.. the number of seats in top 4 colleges ...
Page 1 of 1
Which are the good colleges that you can apply for ...in CET....
Which are the topics that you need to be strong with for getting the best out of CET....
which date will the CET 2007 held????

if anyone can answer few of my doubts...

Hi Ricky,

The colleges that u shud target for in CET are as follows

Mumbai- JBIMS, K J Somaiya, Wellingkar and Sydenham

Pune- PUMBA

(PUMBA is an acronym for the Prestigious Department of Management Sciences, University of Pune)

U can check individual threads of these B-Schools for what and how they are doing...make ur own choice...don't go by opinions..!!:)

For CET prepare on
1) Speed
2) Math, logical reasoning, visual reasoning, vocabulary and comprehension
3) Speed again

CET has 200 questions and speed plays a vital role...considering that every mark is fought for vehemently...No negative marks (at least 4 now)...but trust me ....the competition level is very high...so be on ur toes!!

regards

PUMBA..India's finest Autonomous University B-School
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
hi all

most of the ppl jump to CET thinking of JBIMS but there are only 120 seats for 40,000 ppl who apply.... i am not saying dont take CET..

take CET but dont hav it as only option....

what u ppl say....

Ravneet Gandhi
JBIMS 2007

Hi Ravneet,

Great to see this post!! Well to start with mate, the only guys who cud give u a feel of how important CET is ....are the ones who actually GAVE IT and MADE IT to one of the TOP 5... I m an alumnus of the CET 2004 batch...and passed out of PUMBA in May 2006. Believe me....for my choices of B-School...I was always under pressure right frm CAT 2003-04...

Had 96 %ile in CAT...post which I realized MDI Gurgaon was the only possible call giver...(which I did not wanna opt for considering Gurgaon was out of reach)....there on it was ATMA for SIBM and SCMHRDs test for selection...cracked both...but maybe felt the FEES do not justify the course. I was then a student of IMS Sion centre...and the manager thr said to me.." Listen if u can make it to these...u can always make it to JBIMS or Pune University...why strain ur finances when u ave better and low cost options" ...I said OK...lemme try for JBIMS (and not Pune University--> PUMBA..nvr heard of it then)...

I was wrkin wid Wipro Tech..had a gud job..so felt if I do not crck it...i mite as well give CAT a try again..There we go...I was a Pune University student and post CET results...I was a Top 10 ranker in Pune University category...JBIMS was sure out of reach..Options for me were Wellingkar, Somaiya and Sydenham. I met the IMS guy and he said...either opt for JBIMS or PUMBA...or just forget it for this year...I was shocked!!! PUMBA...nvr heard of it...why is this guy wantin me to opt for tht...BUT thn he was an IIT and IIMA alumnus...wud not bullshit me 4 nethin...as this was serious stuff tht I was gettin into. He said" Just get thru...u will call me in a year from now.." As I knew JBIMS was out of reach 4 sure...I opted PUMBA as my 1st option and BINGO...made it!!....

Precisely 1 year and 3 mths down the lane...post my recruitment...the first thing I did was call tht guy...I knew then why he tld me to join PUMBA....My life had changed forever...and my passion to excel in Corporate India...reignited!! For me CET opened the doors to One of the top University B-Schools in India...and for a decent fee of Rs 80, 000 for 2 years (YES thts TRUE...40 K each year)...I had a placement of 5.5 Lacs+...a dual MBA speciualization wid credit system....add to it...the change that I had gone thru...

CET Gives a student TOP 5 Options to choose from...

JBIMS, K J Somaiya, Wellingkar and Sydenham- For Mumbai

PUMBA (and only PUMBA)-- For Pune

One entrance and 5 very different choices. Choose what u desire...then score as per that choice...!!!

Regards and all the bEST!!

PUMBA..India's finest Autonomous University B-School
hi...

i do agree the calls to convert is tough....

but mr in CET the fight is between top 1% only....

as no of seats for open mumbai is 38

so i am just recommending ppl taking CET to take SNAP / NMAT also to improve their chances..

ravneet
JBIMS 2007

Which are the good colleges that you can apply for ...in CET....
Which are the topics that you need to be strong with for getting the best out of CET....
which date will the CET 2007 held????

if anyone can answer few of my doubts...

hi...

so i am just recommending ppl taking CET to take SNAP / NMAT also to improve their chances..

ravneet
JBIMS 2007

are the dates for cet 2007 out yet??
cudn't find anything on the site....

hi...

ravneet
JBIMS 2007

Well, number of calls sent to the number of seats is just a miniscule thing to ponder about. It depends on an individual college how they want to make use of their powers deciding the cut-off based on he written exam. There would be colleges who give less weightage to the written exam and give large number of calls for a particular number of seats. Here the maximum shunting takes place in the GD/PI. And some colleges would artificially keep the cut-off high (you know why) and give lesser calls but those who get the calls will have a higher chance of converting.

We can guage another fact. A person getting 80 percentile in CAT generally scores way above 95 in MAT. And a large number of people who have chance of getting 98%ile+ in CAT do not even apply anywhere else making the competition relatively easier in other exams. Remember, the race is only between the top 10-20% of the people and others are just to inflate the number. So, it hardly matters. Quality of brain matters along with the number of applicants.

hi all

frm my experience in teaching at TIME/IMS i came to know 1 thing... poeple how find CAT tough.... simply jump to CET as their destiny... as paper sounds easy....

but if we hav a closer look.. the number of seats in top 4 colleges

JBIMS 38/120 Mumbai open
SYD 38/120 Mumbai open
KJ 38/120 Mumbai open
WEL 38/120 Mumbai open

and if we see NMAT and SNAP

NMAT 1800 calls 240 seats
SIBM 2000 calls 200+ seats
SCMHRD 3000 calls 200+ seats

if we see the chance to convert into NMAT and SNAP is easier than that of CET... and the ranking of colleges among this are...

JBIMS
SIBM
NM
SCMHRD
SYDNEHAM
KJ
WELL
SIIB

most of the ppl jump to CET thinking of JBIMS but there are only 120 seats for 40,000 ppl who apply.... i am not saying dont take CET..

take CET but dont hav it as only option....

what u ppl say....

Ravneet Gandhi
JBIMS 2007