Is a PGDM equivalent to a North American MBA?

1 Post  ·  1 User
About this group
Hello everyone.. I've passed out as a graduate in commerce in 2009.. Gave my CAT last year.. didn't do very well and scored 77%ile. So i decided to drop a year and prepare again. This year again the examination season didn't go too well with m...
Page 1 of 1

Hello everyone..
I've passed out as a graduate in commerce in 2009.. Gave my CAT last year.. didn't do very well and scored 77%ile. So i decided to drop a year and prepare again.
This year again the examination season didn't go too well with me and i ended up with a 81%ile in CAT and all I have in hand right now is IILM-GSM.
Now I have a few questions if someone could answer them..
I plan to get a Post MBA certificate from Desautels(McGill) or Kellogg, or probably a second MBA or phD, for which I will need to write the GMAT in a couple of years.. Now here's the problem. I'm not sure if a PGDM that i get from IILM GSM will be considered equivalent to a north american MBA or not. Does anyone know?
Secondly, the B schools overseas require an experience at managerial level which I dont think is very easy to get unless you're an MBA here. So is it wise that I should take up IILM GSM for now?
Thirdly, will pursuing an M.Com through distance learning simultaneously along with a PGDM be of any help to my profile?

thanks

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.