Introduction and workex query

3 Posts  ·  3 Users
About this group
Dear all, Hello everyone. I am a writer and a social worker, and entrepreneur(not a very good one, till date, lol), planning to appear for CAT 2008. I studied Computer Science, at Northeastern University, Boston, before switching to Inte...
Page 1 of 1
Hi Prasenjit,

Welcome to PG!!

Well you can always present the way you like infront of the interview panel,so if you can convince them about your profile and work,I am sure there will no holding you back.

For more view points you can raise your concern here:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/cat-2008-advertisement-released-discussions-on-application-related-queries-25033065

Please dont open new threads for already existing ones.

You can try our search facility.

PaGaLGuY.com - The Everything of MBA, CAT 2008, GMAT, XAT, IIM - Search Forums

Best of Luck!

Mods : Please do the needful 😃
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

My question is, I have about 6 years worth of experience, till date, but its all before graduation. The CAT application form booklet clearly states mention experience after graduation, which in my case will only amount to 2 months .. as opposed to 74 months ..

Will this hurt me a lot if I get as far as going for Interview/GD? Will the IIMs/B Schools look at my total workex or just workex till date of joining?

Thanks a lot,
Nice Forum and great people,
Prasenjit

Hi Prasenjit,

Welcome to PG!!

Well you can always present the way you like infront of the interview panel,so if you can convince them about your profile and work,I am sure there will no holding you back.

For more view points you can raise your concern here:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/cat-2008-advertisement-released-discussions-on-application-related-queries-25033065

Please dont open new threads for already existing ones.

You can try our search facility.

PaGaLGuY.com - The Everything of MBA, CAT 2008, GMAT, XAT, IIM - Search Forums

Best of Luck!
The Only thing constant in Life-Change!

Dear all,

Hello everyone. I am a writer and a social worker, and entrepreneur(not a very good one, till date, lol), planning to appear for CAT 2008.

I studied Computer Science, at Northeastern University, Boston, before switching to International Relations, for 3.5 years(I know, hardly related, but some of the Boston/Harvard crowd then teaching Political Science at NEU, impressed me a lot). A part of the International Relations(called International Affairs) at the Undergrad level curriculum included international experience, which meant taking a 2-3 year study/tour, in a foreign country, ie, other than the US.

I decided to go to India, where I ended up spending 6 years. I started my own ISP, wrote a few books, however, instead of going back to Northeastern, I just finished my final year at Middlesex University, UK, Dubai campus, earning a 2.1, overall, in Business Information Systems, with management. I left the US with an easy going attitude, and was very unfocused, but after working in India, and doing social work and seeing the reality of life here, I have become very focused and dedicated, and due to the passing of years, mature as well.

My question is, I have about 6 years worth of experience, till date, but its all before graduation. The CAT application form booklet clearly states mention experience after graduation, which in my case will only amount to 2 months .. as opposed to 74 months ..

Will this hurt me a lot if I get as far as going for Interview/GD? Will the IIMs/B Schools look at my total workex or just workex till date of joining?

Thanks a lot,
Nice Forum and great people,
Prasenjit