interesting marleting articles

3 Posts  ·  1 User
About this group
hi friends i am starting this thread to put up and share the work that i do for my newsletter team at delhi school of economics primarily relating to international marketing . i hope that u will appreciate what i write and do. cheers nitin
Page 1 of 1

do post in ur comments

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Indian Celebs Global Foray

Advertising and Celebrities- well seems quite a combination isnt it especially here in the subcontinent where celebrities enjoy godly status and there endorsement is a guarantee for Success. There cant be more than ten percent out of us one billion Indians who have actually not seen or have been exposed to celebrity endorsements. Such has been the case for a very long time.
But recent events indicate further expansion of the Indian Celebs kingdom to the outside world. Many multinational brands have signed Indian Celebrities as their global faces, a phenomenon that has no antecedents. What is even more surprising is that the purpose behind this move is not obvious and doesnt explicitly relate to the tapping of the surging NRI consumer potential globally. Take LENOVO. The company has signed SAIF ALI KHAN as its brand ambassador and is using him in Latin America and Mexico.
It is a little surprising but testifies the growing stature of the Indian Celebrities outside the subcontinent claims Anirban Dasblah of GLOBOSPORT, the company managing Mr. Khan.
Now let us look at some of Saifs bollywood comrades. SHAH RUKH KHAN or SRK as he is better known has taken charge as the global ambassador of TAG HEUR, AISHWARYA RAI is doing the honors for DE-BEERS and AB baby or ABHISHEK BACHHAN is the global face of Omega watches.
But hey, it is not bollywood alone and our cricketers are certainly not far behind. Recently our own Mr. DEPENDABLE, THE WALL i.e. RAHUL DRAVID has been able to strike global chords with CITIZEN watches that is looking to tap the global market in the upcoming WORLD CUP.
So all these facts do turn our special attention to as to why this is happening?

Well I dont have the answer for sure, accept for the lay man version of Indias skilled HR story, but that kind of looks a misfit as like most of my answers, so I better keep the explanation for some time later.

Nitin Pahuja

hi friends i am starting this thread to put up and share the work that i do for my newsletter team at delhi school of economics primarily relating to international marketing . i hope that u will appreciate what i write and do.
cheers
nitin