Instructions for the CAT.

5 Posts  ·  6 Users
About this group
When I took SimCAT1 organised by IMS this month, I realised for the first time that a digital watch is not allowed at the CAT. I was curtly asked to deposit my Timex with invigilator and was stranded without one for the test. I was already aw...
Page 1 of 1

Thanks pals for your inputs, but does anyone have all the instructions in one place.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

In fact there is a change in the instructions for this year's CAT! I remeber being very worried last year because the form mentioned stopwatch and my digital watch had an inbuilt stop watch..but this year that stipulation has been removed and restricted to calculators and memory in watches..and as far as IMS is considered I think its a case of excessive interpretation. Digital watches are ok and I used one last year...

in my case and for most of the people in my room..we had our mobiles alongwith(though the invigilator asked us to switch it off,but the people who didnt have watches,keep their cells on,to be in accord with time..)
but anyways,u have told an imp. thing...we shouldnt be carrying digital watch then....

Rg

Well if you ask me I don't think there's anything wrong with a stopwatch. But the catch is most digital watches today do more that time keeping. In fact you can use them as calculators, storage devices and so on. As far as the instruction regarding what you are allowed to bring in the exam hall, here it goes

Keep only the Admit Card, pencil, eraser and sharpener with you. DO NOT keep with you books, rulers, slide rules, drawing instruments, calculators (including watch calculators), pager, palmtops, cellular phones or any other device. These should be left outside the room.

When I took SimCAT1 organised by IMS this month, I realised for the first time that a digital watch is not allowed at the CAT. I was curtly asked to deposit my Timex with invigilator and was stranded without one for the test.

I was already aware that things like rulers, writing pads, etc. are not allowed.

Can anybody please enlighten on what are these "instructions" & "do's and don'ts" for CAT and why is a stopwatch unfair?