Instituto de Empresa anybody? Or, anybody up for a none USA/UK school? :P

64 Posts  ·  32 Users
About this group
I am arranging for a personal interview with the people from Instituto de Empresa, does anybody have any experience with them? Basically, I'm planning to cover my profile, available funding, and career options. But other than that, I'm r...
Page 1 of 7

Hey guys, any insight on recruiting in IE?

Are there any chances of landing a BB IB job after IE , any experiences?

Thanks!:wink:

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am indian working in IT consultancy (Merrill Lynch India) for little over than 4.5 years with 640 in GMAT.
Please advice if it is a suitable profile to apply for full time MBA @ Vlerick .

Thanks for your advice,

MAdguy01

Hi,

I'm a current student at Vlerick. If any of you have queries about vlerick or belgium, let me know. my email id is anirban_mng @ yahoo dot com

Thanks,
Anirban
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys

I m planning to apply to IE ..

my profile :

730 GMAT
Decent Acads
Decent Extra curr
Work ex : 3.5 yrs .. 3 yrs in oracle and .5 yr as a functional consultant

Is it a bit late to apply for Nov 2008 ?

Regards

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys,

I am an aspirant for a 1 year MBA in 2008 as well.

Profile:

Male/27
Gmat: 680
Acad: Avg.
Exp: 7+ in Internation BPO & Remote IT Services (5+years supervisory/mgr exp)

Looking to explore other sectors like Investment Banking etc.

Is IE something I should be trying for and does my profiel seem to be a good fit or should I be looking to give me GMAT again?

Kd

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
my_euromba Says
I got an admit from IE and RSM .. does anyone know which might be better. I heard IE has a huge influx from Latin America so Spanish is dominant on the campus .. hows RSM?

well pretty surprised to see people discussin IE here.. well i guess IE falls into one of those really good schools which are generally ignored by us Indians simply becos of lack of visibility in India...

I believe IE is very international too.. the fact that they have latin students is an added plus cos we actually would not find such a diversity in many other schools... no top international bschool would let their class be flooded wit students from one region.. and plus IE stresses very heavily on fluency in english..

Also... McK.. BCG etc.. and for that matter any big Consult or even IB woul dhave an office in Madird... and would recruit from IE...

Its there in teh HSMP list so.. UK would be a good prospect.. since the employer would nt have to look at arranging a visa..

plus teh school is very reputed.. it has alliances wit wharton.. MIT and Tufts...

Just buliding the case for IE here cos i ve done quite a bit of research on it...

of course.. not knowing spanish which is a major business language would be a disadv. (they do run 2 months of intensive spanish classes in sep-oct) .. and as wit any non-indian school.. teh concept of 'placements' is different.. and there is nothing guaranteed...

the onus.. i guess... is on U 😃
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
HI
I have got a mail from IE representative that I have got admission to Marketing management. program. Can seniors or ppl applying to IE help with placemnts,scholarships and programs credibility?

Has anybody else been selected for IE for october/november session?

I have admission from SPJAIN dubai as well...

pls help me friends?

cheers
Abhishek

well replying to quite an old post.. did u happen to join the marketing mangement program at IE? can u pass on some info...

thanks!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
my_euromba Says
I got an admit from IE and RSM .. does anyone know which might be better. I heard IE has a huge influx from Latin America so Spanish is dominant on the campus .. hows RSM?

RSM is very much international and boasts a lot about it (heard during my visits). About 92-96% are international and dominant group is Indians about 18-20%, followed by Taiwanese. You could manage very will with English in Rotterdam or Amsterdam or any other dutch cities though I heard that knowing dutch will give a bit of an advantage during recruitment. They have several top consulting companies (BCG, McK) and MNCs in amsterdam area, and some recruit from RSM.
IE is also very good and also international, but check out international placements/options available before you commit to either. Good luck.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Maybe this article can clarify to any of you...

It talks about different ways of online learning processes... It also talks about IE online Global MBA Program...

International is so yesterday €” today it €™s global-Life & Style-Career & Jobs-MBA-TimesOnline

Bye, bye,
danny

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all,

I have recently been admitted to IE Business School. My profile:

GMAT: 720
TOEFL: 110
Work ex: 5 years

Im from Bombay and the IE India office Rep Karan Gupta helped me with the entire application procedure as well as my interview. It was very simple and the rep is very very helpful. I think his email is india@ie.edu

I've also got admission to HEC, Cambridge, RSM and Oxford. Im waiting for Insead. Then Ill make my final decision.

Thanks
Abhinav

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...