INSEAD Sep 2011 admissions

174 Posts  ·  53 Users
About this group
Hi All, I did not find any thread for INSEAD 2011 Sep application. Hence I am starting this thread. As of me, I have started the R1 application for INSEAD. First campus option given as FB. Puys .. welcome here! :: Keep this thread ro...
Page 1 of 18

Hi All,

One of my friends got admission in INSEAD with 1.5 years experience in IT(Infosys), X - 81%, XII - 85%, B.tech 62%.
GMAT score 650

Hows this possible.???? Is there any other college with same name. I cud not ask him more details... Just congratulated him and scratching my head from then...

Someone pls rescue me....

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear Friends,

I have recently decided to apply for INSEAD Sep 2012 intake. I am targeting R2 closing 07-Dec-2011 as chances might be low in R3 and i am not targeting R1 for Jan 2013 as i think, if its possible why to lose another 6 months (I already have 6.5 yrs of work ex till now).

I wanted to get your opinion - is targeting 07-Dec application deadline realistic?

I would start GMAT prep now and would target around 20-27 Nov for GMAT exam and would send my unofficial report card with the application. I would take TOEFL sometime before that. I plan to work on essays and recos consistently and plan to submit the application online in first week of Dec along with the unofficial GMAT and TOEFL score.

Please comment.

Thanks in advance

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi guys,
Rohit here,
X-83%
XII-64% :(
BE(MIT,Manipal) : CGPA 8.48 (Amongst top 10 in class)
Xtra curricular:Average
I'm a fresher and have just joined Reliance Industries at a pretty decent package.I'm looking to work here for another 2 years and then make a career shift to finance as thats where my soul lies.What do u guys suggest,how should I prepare my profile from here?I did some preparation for GMAT(almost done with OG) in my eng. and I'm almost sure of scoring a 680-700 as I'm pretty decent in "logical" english,required in GMAT.
I m currently focussing only on CAT for another 2 years hoping to crack IIMs,or any good college in India which I know is difficult considering my low % in twelfth class exams.I'm financially "ok" and can put in 20-25L for my MBA given I know it'll be fruitful.I'm not considering US since its more expensive and job scenario doesn't guarantee me of a secured future,also for US I'll be forced to take a loan as that would cross my budget.Will the experience of working in a firm like Reliance help me?I'm into core oil and gas sector and my position after the training period will be confirmed as a "manager".Will this help?
PLZ HELP,THS GONNA BE A LIFE CHANGING DECISION FOR ME!!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Life at INSEAD:

YouTube - ‪INSEAD MBA - The Experience‬‏

I've been sharing this video with everyone I know - so if you like it, do the same and since I'm good friends with the team that made it, please let them know if you liked it by commenting/liking..

Thanks!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

sorry to hear that bro! better luck next time.
are you giving it one more shot?

Cheers!
me
YouTube - ‪Follow Your Heart to INSEAD‬‏

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
cognizant_81 Says
puys can anybody let me know total expenditure in INR everything from education to fooding lodging and miscelanous expenditure at INSEAD Europe campus for 1 year full time regular MBA program

The current fees is Euro 56,000. I'd say to keep apart a minimum of Euro 15,000 to 20,000 for total expenses, if you are single, reasonably frugal and do not have FOMO (fear of mission out - i.e. compulsion to attend every party and event!)
A total of about Euro 75,000 is a fair estimate.
However, note that the scholarships are within arms reach if you put in the effort for a good essay, and INSEAD has a loan program called Prodigy, which gives you loans with no collateral and interest rates of approx 8 to 10%.

I'm an INSEAD student - so give me a shout if you have any questions. 😃

cheers!
me
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
cognizant_81 Says
puys can anybody let me know total expenditure in INR everything from education to fooding lodging and miscelanous expenditure at INSEAD Europe campus for 1 year full time regular MBA program

The current fees is Euro 56,000. I'd say to keep apart a minimum of Euro 15,000 to 20,000 for total expenses, if you are single, reasonably frugal and do not have FOMO (fear of mission out - i.e. compulsion to attend every party and event!)
A total of about Euro 75,000 is a fair estimate.
However, note that the scholarships are within arms reach if you put in the effort for a good essay, and INSEAD has a loan program called Prodigy, which gives you loans with no collateral and interest rates of approx 8 to 10%.

I'm an INSEAD student - so give me a shout if you have any questions. 😃

cheers!
me
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Anyone applying for Jan 2012 Intake ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

you should roughly budget INR 50 lacs - this is the max i'd expect ...... you might even manage in 45 lacs depending on your lifestyle and family status (single/married+kids?)

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...