Dear INSEAD Alumni,
I am not sure whether you are still taking questions on this thread or not but it would be great if you could find time to reply back to all the puys out here :)
I would like to understand how I could make my application stronger in case I want to move to Business/Strategic Consulting after my MBA. My profile is:
B.Eng. (IT) - 78%, BIT Ranchi.
Wex - 4.5 yrs IT / 1.5 yrs in UK
ECs - Good
Evidently I don't have much of consulting experience but while at client-site, I was working as analyst and programmer in a few consulting projects working closely with consultants from our firm. Will providing this information in essays add more weight to my application. Above that, how good are my chances to get through INSEAD? Could you also share your profile pre-MBA and post-MBA. Did you take up the Singapore or the France campus and does it make any difference (academically and professionaly) which campus one selects?
I plan to apply to INSEAD-Jan '11 session. Is INSEAD's application also rolling or they start evaluating only after the deadline date?
I am considering INSEAD as a very serious option for my career development, any inputs will be highly appreciated.
Could anyone help me understand if there is any difference between the Sept 2010 and Jan 2011 intakes? How are the two batches different?
I am wondering for which class to apply i.e. meeting R4 deadline (31st march) for Sept 2010 intake or R1 deadline (10th march) for Jan 2011 intake. Being an international applicant, I'm a little wary of applying as late as in R4 for the Sept class.
Somehow people tend to apply more for the Sept batch. Is the Sept batch preferred, or something like that ?
Could anybody help explain the relative pros and cons of a Jan batch vis-a-vis a Sept batch?
1. English Language Certification: English is not my native language but my under graduation was completely taught in English. Unfortunately my mark list doesn't reflect this, so can I get an attested letter from the university stating this or is there any other approach.
2. Official Transcripts: Can the photocopies be attested by the public banks in the US.
Thanks ~ Krishna
Thank you very much for helping people out.
My stats are as follows:
Undergrad: IIT Bombay (graduated top of my class)
1st Job: Worked for a Startup in electronics product development. Sold company in 2006.
2nd Job: Another startup in electronics product development and manufacturing.
Total Work Ex: 6 years
Career Goals: To start own company
Could you give me some feedback on my chances? Also, would you recommend any other schools in Europe for someone with my background? My immigration situation in the US does not permit me to apply to US schools.
Has anybody availed loans from the Prodigy Finance.
They provide for the whole of tuition fees and at reasonable interest rate...
If someone has availed, please let me know the process,feedback, inputs, suggestions......
Dear Insead Alumni
My profile is as below.
1. GMAT - 620
2. Work Ex - 3years 6 months (1 year 6 months - IT consultant in Bangalore, 2 years - Marketing Engineer to Manager at a startup company in Kuwait )
3. Community activity - Co-founder and active member of an NGO for educating underprivileged kids in India.
4. Leadership skills - Good
5. Communication skills- Excellent
6. Career goal (mid term)- Entrepreneurship
I am looking forward to apply for 2011 fall intake of INSEAD.
Could you please tell me
1. How much would I want to improve my GMAT score to? approx.
2. What are the other areas that I have to improve upon ?
3. Additional imputs ?
I am a graduate of INSEAD Class of Dec 07. If anyone has any questions on the INSEAD experience or admission process, please feel free to raise them. I would try to answer them as best as I can.
In terms of my profile, I am a career changer. I was working in IT and Risk Management before INSEAD and now moving into Management Consulting.
Hi INSEAD alum,
Following is my profile.
GMAT: 710 (Q49 V39 AWA 5)
Work ex 4 years as of now as a Sr R&D; engg (a little sofisticated name for Sr software engineer) at Telecom industry.
Extra curricular: 3 papers presented at international conferences in Sweden and china. Also debates and all in college. Also served as president of debate committee that I founded in college.
International exp: worked in Germany for 6 months/ have worked in cross cultural team including members from Germany, china, finland
I want to apply for Fall 2010 session.
I just want to know where do I stand in the big pool of INDIAN IT MALE applicants of INSEAD?
Thanks in advance,
Iam basically looking for a college which has project management as specialization..Does Insead offer this?If not is there any good univ in singapore which has Project mgmt as sepcialization?About my background,i an BE,MBA graduate with 3 years of experience in power sector....can anybody help me out??
Can you evaluate my chances at INSEAD for Jan '10?
GMAT 700. AWA: 4.5
NIT Surathkal (Top 10 institute in India)
2.5 years (current) in Samsung's R&D; center, Bangalore.
- Evolved an idea from scratch to reality by co-ordinating with multiple teams in India and South Korea.
- Initiated a process to develop my team's ability to innovate, and the 8 months from the start of the program have produced 14 patents
- Mentoring of 2 new recruits leading to their induction into the team.
- 8 months in South Korea
- Conducted a voter registration drive across Bangalore, already covered an audience of 7500 people, promising to cross 20k by end of February.
- I ve written articles that got published in major web sites.
- Lots of organizing activities while in college. Lead teams of 6/7 people on more than one occassion.
- Graphic design. Output: about 30 posters, 5 brochures, 7 newspaper ads etc.
Hi INSEAD Alumini,
I am planning to apply for MBA program at INSEAD for Jan 2009 semester.
I have decent acads (Masters in Civil Engineering - 3.74/4 GPA) at Louisiana State University, USA
BE - Osmania University, India - 74 %
GMAT Score -720
I have an International work experience (USA) over 3 years and research assitantship exp - 2 yrs
Currently, I have quit my job in the pursuit of my MBA n returned to India. I have applied for few prominent B-schools in India and also intend to apply for MBA program at Insead. Does this gap in work experience work against my application? Could you suggest how can i make my application strong despite this weak point in my application