Infosys vs Flextronics Software Systems

10 Posts  ·  10 Users
About this group
Hi Friends Well. After reading various posts on the forum, i could not find anything that can help me solve my dilema. I have an offer from Infosys with DoJ as 19th july at bhuvneshwer and another from Flextronics Sw Sys(earlier Hughes...now ...
Page 1 of 1
Hi Ujjwal,
I think first you should chalk out a short term 5 yr plan. Ask yourself whether you want to do an MBA, go for some other courses or continue to work and in which field you want to be in. This will help you get some direction to start with. This will also help you to zero in on the location. I believe Gurgaon would be a much better loc if you are planning to prepare for cat. I dont think you should you should look at the salary part so early in you career as you dont have any serious liabillities ( ...I am assuming this) maybe, few yrs down the line salary could be a deciding factor. Also, if you are interested in finding out strategies and plans of these two companies try downloading their Annual reports or SEC filings. They contain loads of information about new development centers, clients, projects, organization structure etc. .. hope this helps!!!!

I concur. two points to note here:
1. Seems like subu has been in similar situations to dicuss this so lucidly
2. He seems to have experience therefore the stmt - dont think you should you should look at the salary part so early in you career as you dont have any serious liabillities .

In Any case... you do ned to decide what your plans for the future are...
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hi Ujjwal,
I think first you should chalk out a short term 5 yr plan. Ask yourself whether you want to do an MBA, go for some other courses or continue to work and in which field you want to be in. This will help you get some direction to start with. This will also help you to zero in on the location. I believe Gurgaon would be a much better loc if you are planning to prepare for cat. I dont think you should you should look at the salary part so early in you career as you dont have any serious liabilities ( ...I am assuming this) maybe, few yrs down the line salary could be a deciding factor. Also, if you are interested in finding out strategies and plans of these two companies try downloading their Annual reports or SEC filings. They contain loads of information about new development centers, clients, projects, organization structure etc. .. hope this helps!!!!

Hi Friends
Well. After reading various posts on the forum, i could not find anything that can help me solve my dilema.
I have an offer from Infosys with DoJ as 19th july at bhuvneshwer and another from Flextronics Sw Sys(earlier Hughes...now acc by KKR) (10th july Gurgoan).

I am very much confused about selecting the right palce to work. Looking into various criterias like Work Profile, Growth, Brand, Projects, and Future etc I have not yet been able to scale them together.

Please help me take the right decision by giving out some suggestions. Being a fresher, what would be the ideal choice....

Infy or FSS...??????

Regards

Ujjwal
Delhi

Hi Ujjwal,
which stream are you from? IF ENTC, then Flectronics. Other wise INFY can also offer good exposure. This all depends on your luck. INFy is too huge to start differentiating between people from different background and thus you land up at an advantage. there might be some rationale behind them putting you into a particular unit, but nothing will be visible to you.

Over all..... i think Flextronics if you want to stay at home or closer to home. Some people want the infy brand name, so they go there anyways...

All the best.. Let us know what you decide on..

Hello Puys !

I am an MBA in Finance (commerce background) with 2+ years of work ex in JP Morgan, Mumbai. I am however, damn pisd off with these back-end jobs in research and hence I am contemplating a change from finance to IT Consulting.

Actually I came to know about the field of IT Consulting only after seeing a couple of ads for the profile given out by Cognizant Tech Services (CTS). I just contacted few batchmates of mine and then I came to know that it is a thriving field where you meet clients, understand their needs and help developing a software or network or blah blah as per their requirements.

In other words, you would be acting as a critical link between coders/ programmers employed in your company and the company's clients and interact with both of them and get the work done.

This has interested me great deal and I really want to get into it but I dont have any IT background and I dont know how to make an entry in the field. Is IT expertise prerequisite for this field? If yes, could I do any courses to make the change possible?

Experienced guys please bombard the thread with your views.

Thanks all.

@ Ujjwal ... Go for Flextronics....as it provides better oppurtunity to freshers & package is better than infy.You cant predict about the project or on site as it totlally depends on your luck.But as a fresher you get to learn more in flextronics.Also, Flextronics is near to your home town.

Only thing i like about stone in my path is, when I cross them, they become my milestones!

Its a no brainer, go for Flextronics:

- Better location
- Better package
- Great brandname

When you will get onsite is something which you simply cannot predict, hence you cannot base your career on that.

Awaiting more suggestions...and advices...!!??:

Ujjwal

Apart from brand and the pay package I feel you should look at one other aspect and that is locational advantage. If you are in delhi or close to delhi then FSS will give you that whereas infy wont. And lemme tell you its a lot easier to study when you dont hafta worry about everything I am saying this only cos you seem to be interested in further studies.

Dont look at onsite opps cos I believe every s/w company (reputed ones I mean) will provied you those and since you say that Flex is offering you 3 I would hafta say go for flex cos even though it might not have the same brand value as infy does It is recognised well enough so the difference in brand value wont affect you that much.

Look at the end of the day you really dont know where you are gonna end up in about five years time but you can at least decide where you begin and make that beginning as good as possible (This I mean in monetary terms). So If I were you I would take up FSS.

Disclaimer - I am not working in either FSS or Infy. I will join an IT consultancy very soon and I have faced the same dilemma that you are facing right now. So gave my two cents on it.

-
Bugs

thnx for ur suggestion...well Flextronics Software System ( recently acquired by KKR) works on mainly Telecom software ... and offers a good onsite projects too....but Brand Infosys....u know it....

I have heard that people work in infosys and are sent abroad within an year or two.......well if any body has an idea...pls leme know...

(Flextronics is offering around 3 per annum...while infy gives 2.1....)
well salary is not a matter for me....all i need is a good initial start in carrer in terms of work.....and a MBA may be later after exp..

Awaiting more suggestions...and advices...!!??:

Ujjwal

Hi , ujjwal ,

I am presently working for i-flex solutions ltd .
I personally feel u shd first see the pay pkg , if the infosys's pay pkg is better join it without second thought , beacuse the exp of Infosys , u will realize later-on ,
And if the package of FFS is more than Infosys then u neeed to apply ur brains , as if u want to pursue furthur education or not , if yes theneven thought salary of infosys is less join it , else join the other comany ( FFS)..

Please help me take the right decision by giving out some suggestions. Being a fresher, what would be the ideal choice....

Infy or FSS...??????

Regards

Ujjwal
Delhi

Hi Friends
Well. After reading various posts on the forum, i could not find anything that can help me solve my dilema.
I have an offer from Infosys with DoJ as 19th july at bhuvneshwer and another from Flextronics Sw Sys(earlier Hughes...now acc by KKR) (10th july Gurgoan).

I am very much confused about selecting the right palce to work. Looking into various criterias like Work Profile, Growth, Brand, Projects, and Future etc I have not yet been able to scale them together.

Infy or FSS...??????

Regards

Ujjwal
Delhi