Information on HKUST-MBA Program hosted by Current Students

49 Posts  ·  14 Users
About this group
Hi *PGs* In recent times we have received lots of queries regarding our HKUST (The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology) MBA Program which has scaled new heights with each passing year and so we-the current students have started th...
Page 1 of 5

Hi All HKUST MBA Aspirants

Thanks for your interest in the forum and it feels good to reply to the queries of people who want to get into the HKUST MBA Program. We wish you good luck for your future careers and life. We have just finished our term in HKUST and now we head for our internships and then exchange.

Since the admission process for 2011 has already come to an end I would like to inform you all that this thread on HKUST MBA program is also coming to an end today. Next year probably new students would start this initiative again to answer your queries and share their experience of HKUST MBA program.

Hope this thread was helpful to all of you. Good Luck to all.

Cheers
Gaurav

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi dvp

Just now the intake admission process for 2011 has finished. I would suggest you to look out the dates for last year and more or less it would be around same time that the admission process for 2012 would open up. Keep checking HKUST MBA website for the latest updates.

Its still too early for MBA office to publish the start dates for application process for 2012.

Good luck for your admissions.

Cheers
Gaurav

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi mrunals

Regarding Consulting I would say that HKUST has good subjects for Strategy and consulting. For HKUST being right fit for Consulting I would say courses offered and faculty teaching here are good for Consulting e.g. professors having industry experience with McKinsey, BCG, Bain are there to teach us so you get a good overview of industry and not just the theoretical knowledge which adds lot of value.

In addition, I would say if you are targetting to work in China or HK in Consulting then you should know mandarin for sure. Very few opportunities for people who are non-mandarin speakers in Consulting domain. But being said that HKUST is global B-school you can always apply to all consulting companies for their global locations and you stand a chance to get through. So I would not say that being from HKUST you can't get through consulting domain. Its more challenging but you can if you concentrate outside HK for job search from day 1.

All companies or big 4s do hire from HKUST but there's no formal recruitment as you have in Indian B-Schools and I think that is the case with any global B-School outside India. Regarding salary all the companies are MNCs and they pay as per the global standards and as per the country where they are hiring you for. Exact figures probably check on internet.

Hope that answers your query

Cheers
Gaurav

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi vineet_s

I don't know the exact number but I think there are around 6-7 indians admitted to the new batch coming in 2011. No idea how many got scholarship.

Cheers
Gaurav

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi guys

Do you know how many Indians are there in the current batch?
And did anyone get scholarships??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Gaurav,

I have gone through all that has been written thus far and had a few queries. I am from a consulting background and intend to remain in this industry post mba.

1. From all that has been written thus far, it seems like HKUST is not the place for people seeking a career in consulting unless one knows mandarin. What is your take on people who want to do consulting? Is HKUST a good choice?

2. Does HKUST have consulting firms like McKinsey, BCG , Bain etc coming on campus? What is the average salary one can expect from them? Do they offer international jobs or do they offer jobs in HK only?

Thanks a ton for all your help thus far

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
dvp
@dvp  ·  0 karma

Can any body help me, when and how i have to apply for HKUST for getting admission in 2012 -2013 batch???
I am not able to find deadlines on its official website! :(

thanks

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Oh Ok. I could make out that from your replies in the forum. Have fun.

Cheers
Gaurav

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thanks Gaurav.

I have joined the HKUST MBA forum today 😃

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi pagligal

It's fine. The rules keep changing every year so you need to check when the applications for exchange schools open up. Congrats for getting admission to HKUST.

Hope to see u here if you are joining.

Cheers
Gaurav

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...