Life @ Lovely Professional University (LPU) – MBA

138 Posts  ·  2,146 Users
About this group

Follow this thread to stay up to date with all the latest happening at LPU and all the admission related information as well.

Feel free to ask your query by posting it here.

Page 1 of 14

What type of question will be there in MBA interview? 

2 comments
ahana123
@ahana123  ·  0 karma

@Ahana05

I myself had gone through the same phase a couple of years back. I did MBA from Lovely Professional University and my experience at LPU was amazing,I have learnt a a lot,LPU is helping me grow professionally and personally with its career-oriented programs and support. 

MBA Interview is neither much easier nor harder. You should know the basics of graduation.If you are a hard-worker then not to worry at all. LPU always welcomes hard-working students. One more important thing, you can find the syllabus of LPU NEST. Exam dates, exam pattern, and moreover sample questions on the LPU website if you want to appear in LPUNEST Written test.

You will be evaluated during the interview on the following parameters.

• Communication Skills
    • Fluency of Speech
    • Grammatically Correct
    • Capacity to Elaborate
    • Clarity of Thought
  • Career Orientation, Aspirations & Goals
    • Clarity of Goals
    • Confidence
    • Leadership & Initiative
  • General awareness-General awareness means knowledge about the present happenings. It only focuses on the routine happenings of the news around the world it has nothing to do with the historic events.

All the best!

I Hope this answer will help you!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
DebrajNath
@DebrajNath  ·  0 karma

An MBA will offer you a wealth of advantages, especially when you studied this program from a well-regarded business school. During study of MBA degree you will explore the latest International Business trends, apply the newest management tools and techniques and challenge yourself to improve your business, teams, and collaboration.  

I had pursued my MBA from Lovely Professional University. 

Before taking up my final Interview during admission I had been comprehensively guided by the senior counselors of LPU. So I am quoting down the details of Interview parameters what I received previously.

Students will be evaluated during the interview on the following parameters. 

Communication Skills

• Fluency of Speech
  • Grammatically Correct
  • Capacity to Elaborate
  • Clarity of Thought

Career Orientation, Aspirations & Goals

• Clarity of Goals
  • Confidence
  • Leadership & Initiative

General Awareness

Recently I enquired LPU about most advanced MBA (Hons.) program for my cousin brother & got to know the following which I feel worth mentioning in context to your query,

After qualifying in LPUNEST, Final Selection parameters are as following,

(i) Write Essays (20% weightage) - 2 Essays

(ii) Appear for Personal Interview (60% weightage)

(iii) Work Experience (20% weightage)

As I said, I had done my MBA from LPU with dual specialization, but as per my understanding based on my practical experience of present market trend, student should opt for MBA (Hons.) program from LPU. 

Student with MBA (Hons.) program definitely get the priority from the corporate employers in terms of placement & future career aspect. It’s because MBA (Hons.) students are trained with more Industry inclined curriculums in Lovely Professional University.

Some of featured highlights of MBA (Hons.) program, I got to know from the recent announcements of LPU.

1. MBA (Hons.) course      curriculum is designed as per upgraded Industry requisite skills. 
  2. 1 course every trimester to      be taught online by foreign faculty/Industry experts
  3. International Immersion      option - 5-7 days after 1st year to Singapore/Dubai
  4. Using of Harvard Business      Publishing - 06 Simulations
  5. Seed Money for (a) entrepreneurship (b)      live project like stock trading, mar (c) ket surveys, (d) research      projects (e) publication (f) copyrights (g) patents (h) travel grant
  6. 2 Global Standard Industry      live projects per student
  7. Industry mentors to each      student for career guidance
  8. Projects - 1st year – Community      project Summer Training after first year 2 nd year – Research project
  9. Field Visit - Consumer Goods industry ● Financial      Institution (Bank/NBFC etc) ● Consultancy firms (Big five      PWC/Deloitte/KPMG/E&Y/ GT etc.) ● Business Events (Business Conclave/      Conference/Trade fair etc.)

For more details about MBA (Hons.) program please visit the following link - 

https://www.lpu.in/programmes/management/mba-hons

Hope my guidance will help you out !!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I want to take admission in MBA at LPU,I want to know about placements of MBA course?

2 comments
ahana123
@ahana123  ·  0 karma

@Ahana05

Lovely Professional University is more than worth pursuing MBA. Lovely Professional University is very good in terms of placement, infrastructure, teaching quality, facilities, and security.

I’m a pass-out myself and I’m placed in a decent company, while some of my friends are placed abroad, too. Industrial exposure is offered through in-house training programs.

The Business School of LPU is accredited from ACBSP, Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs from the USA ensuring quality education and industry-experienced faculty members, studying in LPU will get a degree accredited from a body of USA. LPU is ranked No. 2 among Indian B-Schools in 'Outreach and Inclusivity' by NIRF ranking released by MHRD, Government of India.

· Faculty: Most of the faculty members are from IIM or from elite B- Schools (India/Abroad. They have a decade of experience. The faculty was really helping. Even they helped her after regular university hours for her projects.

· Standard of students: They did not compromise on the quality of the students. They have a rigorous admission process. Admission can be taken if you have a good percentage and you have a good percentile in entrance + marks in interview.

· Placements: 200+ Campus placement drives for MBA with a reputed brand with an average package of 6-12 LPA. Students are placed in the best brands like Amazon, Federal bank, Delhivery, Asian Paints, Berger Paint, Bajaj Electricals, Colgate Palmolive, HUL, ITC, Loreal, Marico, MRF, Vodafone to name a few. Companies like Hyatt, Ritz Carlton, Adani Wilmar, Altruist, Al-Rakha, Dharam Consultancy selected LPU students for International locations. The highest package availed is 16.6 LPA by Khimji Ramdas. Students are placed with Federal Bank at a package of 10.2 LPA. LPU provides different classes for placements which helps in grooming. Students are trained in Aptitude, Reasoning, free preparation for Govt Exams, Soft Skills and language training, Interview skills right from the 1st year, continuously for 2/3/4( duration of course) years till they get a job.

· Techno-savvy University: A dedicated online portal for attendance, assignments, lecture notes, textbooks, fee payment, etc is available on the campus. It has the best lab facilities with a dedicated lab for each subject. Each laboratory has fully functional world-class equipment, and advanced tools available for better research work.

· Club activities: More than 50 clubs to choose from. Clubs are a good place for freshers to know how to work in teams and achieving a goal in a given time. LPU provide enough exposure to students so that one can stand well in the coming era of his/her life.

· Entrepreneurship projects are integral part of curriculum and help establish themselves as successful entrepreneurs. I got opportunity to work on community development project on social issues to cultivate social sensitivity and sense of responsibility.

· University has collaboration/Tie up with the companies like NSE, Safe Educate, ICICI Direct, HDFC, etc. to give students the opportunity for pursuing live projects and/or professional certifications like NCCMP, NCFM etc.

I hope this helps!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Mehr07
@Mehr07  ·  11 karma

@Ahana05 I have done my MBA from LPU and it has helped me grow professionally and also helped in providing exposure in terms of placements, internship, workshops, guest lectures etc. So, surely it a better University to join. Mittal School of Business, which attracts students from different parts of the world, is one of India's foremost Business Schools recognised for its industry-oriented curriculum, interactive hands-on pedagogy and intense industry interface. A multidisciplinary campus and multicultural environment suffused with student activity ensures all round development of its graduates, grooming them for successful entrepreneurship and global careers. With Quality of Education, Placements in LPU is also amazing, with the top brand in the world coming for Campus Recruitment provides great opportunities to its students. - Global tie-ups and MOU with top foreign universities for scope of foreign studies and foreign placement. Ranked 2nd for OUTREACH AND INCLUSIVITY in all of INDIA. The network and tie ups this university has is unthinkable. - Around 550+ companies visit every year for such activities and campus-recruitment of students from LPU. - 850+ Jobs Offered To MBA Batch Of 2018-2020 - Students have been offered jobs by top recruiters like ITC, Amazon, Airtel, Asian Paints, Berger Paints, Federal Bank, Bajaj Allianz, MRF, Bajaj Finserv, Colgate Palmolive, Think & Learn, Flipkart etc. - Record Rs. 1 Crore Packages at World's Top Most Brands - Mittal School of Business alumni are working in best of the MNCs across the Globe like Google, Facebook and Apple
- International Placements @ LPU - International Companies like Hyatt (USA), Ritz Carlton (USA), Adani Wilmar (Africa), Altruist (Africa), Al-Rakha (Dubai), Dharam Consultancy (USA) selected LPU students for International locations
- Trident Selected LPU Students @ 15 Lacs Package -Trident, a USD 1 billion Indian business conglomerate, selected Mittal School of Business students of 2017-2019 batch at an annual package of Rs. 15 Lacs. The International exposure students get with foreign internship opportunities with articulation programs opportunities. Hope it helps !!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

IS LPU, CU or VIT good for mechanical enginerring ?  

1 comment
ahana123
@ahana123  ·  0 karma

@Ahana05

My brother has completed B.Tech Mechanical from Lovely Professional University,LPU is helping him grow professionally and personally with its career-oriented programs and support.

Few points told by my brother who did his studies from LPU that will help you to make your decision:

A Mechanical Engineering student goes through an experiential learning process surrounded by high-end latest labs and equipment including robotics and automation. International tech-fests and competitions encourage all-round development in our students in addition to giving them international exposure.

Frequent guest lectures/ workshops are also organized for them by the university. , Ministry of Science Technology’s Advisory Monitoring Committee Meeting was held where 42 Scientists from various top universities like IITs, NITs, top Central and State Universities including (LPU) from across the country presented their research proposals.

The syllabus is updated every 6 months which personally, It has separate lab facilities available for each course like robotics Lab, research lab, postgraduate lab, aviation lab, lab for fashion designing, advance kitchen lab etc.

Faculties are highly qualified, most of the faculties have done their Ph.D and others are pursuing, They have at least minimum of 5 years of experience and ample amount of knowledge, both theoretical and practical knowledge.They are cooperative and whenever you need their help they are ready to help you out.

PEP classes start right away from the first semester itself in form of Communication Skills and continue till the final semester covering: Analytical Skills (Logic Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning) Quantitative Aptitude Skills Technical Aptitude Skills Presentations and Soft Skills Mock Exercises (Mock Interviews, GDs, Mock Tests, etc.) All a student has to do is to maintain a good academic record and personality to ensure his/her placement.

Mechanical Engineering students at LPU are provided with enormous opportunities of placement drives. I can see my few friends getting placed in reputed companies like Hyundai, Reliance Energy, Godrej, Sandhar Technology,XL Dynamics and many more. Even IT industries recruit Mechanical students here. Companies like Microsoft, Wipro, TCS, Infosys, etc are prominent recruiters here.

LPU alumni are working in top MNCs across the globe like Voltas International, Honda Two Wheelers, Asahi India Glass Ltd., Indo Farm Tractors Ltd. Etc. LPU Students have been offered International locations like Dubai and Oman by Voltas.

Thank you!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Placements at  LPU is better or at CU ?

1 comment
ahana123
@ahana123  ·  0 karma

@Ahana05

If you want to explore,learn,grow and want to get placed in good companies then I must say please go ahead and take admission in Lovely Professional University.

Around 550+ companies visit every year for such activities and campus-recruitment of students from LPU. And this year for batch graduating in 2020, already more than 650 placement/internship drives have been conducted till February 2020 with leading industry giants (more than 90% being MNCs).

Lovely Professional University provides placement opportunities to all the deserving candidates, from all courses. It's up to the student's capability to be able to grab the opportunity or not. Till now thousands of students are placed at a very good package all around the world. Some of the alumni are working in the top 10 brands in the world.

Recently,Tania Arora, a fourth-year BTech CSE student of Lovely Professional University (LPU) got selected as a software engineer in Microsoft with a huge salary package of Rs 42 lakh per annum.A final year student of MSC. Agriculture (Agronomy) has bagged a package of Rs. 1 croreLovely Professional University Placement Highlights:

Recently 13 students got placed in Amazon with 30 LPA.

Three students of Computer science batch has been placed in Amazon for a salary package of 28 LPA and 28 students have been selected as an intern who could be converted into a full-time employee after their internship.

VMware has selected nine students from B.Tech IT/CS for a salary package of 9 LPA.

Nearly 50 top tier companies and overall more than 500 companiess are visiting the LPU campus for recruitment.

The alumni of LPU are now working in Google and Yahoo for a salary package of 1Cr/ annum.

LPU has conducted more than 200 campus drives out of which more than 100 drives were for technology & science students.

LPU has created a record of placing 610 students in a single day on campus.

LPU also guides its students to take entrepreneurship as a career.

Well-known startups like Practo & Think and Learn has selected 60 students from LPU for a salary package of 5-10 LPA.

You can see that the university puts in every effort to bring the best companies for campus recruitment, but it is only up to the student to make the most of these opportunities. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How is LPU for BA LL.B? 

1 comment
ahana123
@ahana123  ·  0 karma

@Ahana05

Lovely Professional Universities School of Law is one of the best Law colleges in India and Punjab and approved by Bar Council of India. The students are groomed for bright professional careers by providing wide range of exposure to theoretical as well as practical aspects of law. The school organizes international conferences, visits by nationally acclaimed law practitioners to allow the students gain skills and experience in the field of law. Students get real-time experiences through moot court competitions organized at national and international levels.

I did MBA from LPU but I had few friends from law department, Sometimes I used to attend their moot court session, It was amazing, I have idea about this course, curriculum,. My friends shared few things with me. LPU offers 5 year law programme in BBA LL.B.Com LL.B. And B.A. LL.B
Few points told by my friends who did BBA LL.B. From LPU that will help you to make your decision:
Few points I will sharing which will help you to take decision:-

• Fostering a graduate with in-depth knowledge of different aspects of laws comprising civil, criminal, taxation, and international laws, and ensuring conceptual clarity for judicial services aspirants.
  • Students gets Elective courses from within the discipline are offered such as banking laws, election law, customary laws, health law, human right laws and many more, to give more depth or breadth to a student’s core competencies.
  • To expand the learning opportunities of the students, LPU conducts seminars, educational trips, live projects, workshops, community projects, incubation projects, guest lectures, competitive events and more.
  • One can opt for LPUNEST for the admission process and to form the basis of eligibility for the scholarship.
  • A student can also opt to study abroad or obtain a foreign degree through LPU’s international collaborations.
  • Students completed their internship with Jalandhar Police Commissionerate and learnt vital aspects about handling of sensitive cases by police. Policing posits host of challenges to the police personnel who have to strike a balance between competing values of individual freedom and establishment of peace. Students were exposed to the saliency of weapon handling, undertaking of patrolling and surveillance tasks, resolving of general law and order issues by police as part of duty.
  • Students are groomed through internship exposure and individual-oriented mentoring for a bright career in legal arena. Our students have interned in reputed law firms and under High Court judges of different states.
  • Workshop for Students going for internships is conducted for 7 days to meet with the industry requirements. Pre-Internship interviews and internship drives are regularly held.
  • At the School of Law, students are exposed to listen and share pearls of wisdom from eminent persons who come from higher judiciary, academia, and industry. Notably, Hon’ble Justice Sh.Raj Shekhar Attri(Judge, Punjab and Haryana High Court) and Hon’ble Justice AHMD Nawaz(Hon’ble Judge, Court of Appeal, Sri Lanka and Dr.Arti Puri(Eminent Academician) interacted with students through the conference, guest lecture and workshop activities.
  • Essential to grooming as a lawyer, moot court skills equip a law student to battle the challenges of the legal world with the help of Moot Court Competitions and Training.
  • Judgments of superior courts in India serve as precedents and constitute an indispensable part of the study of law. Special emphasis is put on imparting case law techniques involving detailed analysis of a case.
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How is  LPU Forensic science department is at LPU? 

2 comments
ahana123
@ahana123  ·  0 karma

@Ahana05

Forensic scientists can be employed in the government sector. They work in different law enforcement agencies and investigation departments such as police, investigative services of state and central government and legal system.You can also work as a legal counselor after gaining experience as a Forensic Scientist.

Recently I got my brother's admission done at LPU. LPU is one of the leading university for B Sc Forensic Sciences. I have gone through their curriculum and I must appreciate that they have the latest topic embedded. LPU also offers MSc Forensic science.

Forensic science in LPU is a specially designed program to produce highly competent professionals in the field, keeping in mind the continuously increasing demand of trained professionals in this area.
The Forensic Science domain promises to create a research and placement oriented environment. The department regularly works on student research projects with novel ideas of applied value.

The highlights of this course at LPU include:

· Faculty: Highly experienced faculty excellent in terms of their educational background, research and teaching.

· Fields of study: Forensic Chemistry, Forensic Toxicology, Forensic Anthropology, Ballistics, Explosives, Forensic Biology, Serology, DNA, Fingerprinting and Questioned Documents.

· Thrust Areas of research: Analysis of drugs by conventional and modern techniques, security feature analysis, Fingerprinting analysis, studies on dentures for disaster victim identification and forensic wildlife analysis.

· Unique features: Involvement of multidisciplinary area, such as Pharmaceutical analysis, biochemistry, Biotechnology, chemistry and many more along with forensic structural engineering, makes it very challenging.

· Career Prospects: Lectureship in College, Junior/senior research fellow, Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), Central Govt. Forensic Sciences Labs, Hospitals, Private Detective Agencies, Dope testing labs, CSIR Labs, pathology labs, agriculture, quality assurance divisions in industries, Self Employed (Establishing small scale industries Production and manufacturing of various CSI kits), Private Consultants for giving Expert opinions.

· List of Few Companies in this Field:
Truth labs, Sherlock Institute of Forensic Science (SIFS, Delhi), J.K. Consultancy, IFS (Pune), Panacea Biotech (Chandigarh), Reddys Laboratories, Government organizations.

· Innovative Pedagogy: Academic tasks such Class Participation, Design Problem, Term Paper, Assignment, Live examples, AV-aids. Test and Quiz and many more.

By choosing to study forensic science at LPU , you will be choosing an exclusive, research-based and application-focused program that will expose you to cutting edge technologies required in this thriving profession. With us, you will get:

· Optimal Training via Workshops & Interactions with Eminent Forensic Experts

· Globally Comparable, Industry Oriented Curriculum

· Mandatory Dissertation Project in the last semester

· Flexibility to choose elective for specialization in the final semester

· Well-equipped laboratories with latest instruments

I hope this helps.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
DebrajNath
@DebrajNath  ·  0 karma

With significant growth in crime rate and criminals becoming even smarter than cops and judges, the role of forensic scientists has increased exponentially and India is facing an acute shortage of forensic scientists who can help courts in deciding the criminal cases.

Different Job Roles:

· Forensic Pathologists

· Forensic Anthropologists

· Forensic Psychologists

· Clinical Forensic Medicine Experts

· Forensic Serology Experts

· Forensic Chemists

· Dactyloscopists

· Forensic linguists

· Toxicologist

In this context being an alumni, let me just mention some of the Forensic science domain specific Highlights in Lovely Professional University.

In LPU, the Forensic Science domain promises to create a research and placement oriented environment. The department regularly works on student research projects with novel ideas of applied value. 

The highlights include: 

1) Faculty: Highly experienced faculty excellent in terms of their educational background, research and teaching.

2) Fields of study: Forensic Chemistry, Forensic Toxicology, Forensic Anthropology, Ballistics, Explosives, Forensic Biology, Serology, DNA, Fingerprinting and Questioned Documents, Cyber

3) Thrust Areas of research: Analysis of drugs by conventional and modern techniques, security feature analysis, Fingerprinting analysis, studies on dentures for disaster victim identification and forensic wildlife analysis. 

4) Innovative Pedagogy: Academic tasks such Class Participation, Design Problem, Term Paper, Assignment, Live examples, AV-aids. Test and Quiz based on various competitive examinations, Case studies on Current research scenario, moot court sessions and CSI activities

Unique features: Involvement of multidisciplinary area, such as Pharmaceutical analysis, biochemistry, Biotechnology, chemistry and many more along with forensic structural engineering, makes it very challenging.

Career Prospects: Lectureship in College, Junior/senior research fellow, Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), Central Govt. Forensic Sciences Labs, Hospitals, Private Detective Agencies, Dope testing labs, CSIR Labs, pathology labs, agriculture, quality assurance divisions in industries, Self Employed (Establishing small scale industries – Production and manufacturing of various CSI kits), Private Consultants for giving Expert opinions. 

Last Year Placement record of LPU in the field of Forensic Science (In spite of Pandemic situation):-

Highest Package offered is Availed : 5.3 LPA with 100% placement record. 

Student were placed in renowned brands like Truth labs, Sherlock Institute of Forensic Science (SIFS, Delhi), J.K. Consultancy, IFS (Pune), Panacea Biotech (Chandigarh), Reddy’s Laboratories, Government organizations.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

ECE is better at LPU or at CU? 

2 comments
ahana123
@ahana123  ·  0 karma

@Ahana05

My cousin Brother has done B.Tech ECE from Lovely Professional University so I have idea about this University.He got placed in Hewlett Packard Enterprise with decent package.

I would like to discuss few points which will help you:-

School of Electronics and Electrical Engineering is one of the best Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering colleges in Punjab and India. We strive to create industry-ready professionals through our rigorous curriculum that focuses on all-round development in addition to imparting technical skills. Modern labs and high-tech infrastructure and labs stimulate creative thinking and produce scholars and researchers that create revolutionary technologies that can change the world.

Expert lectures are conducted in the form of invited talk They Encourage students to have maximum industrial exposure through visits for problem identification and emerging technologies.

PEP classes start right away from the first semester itself in form of Communication Skills and continue till the final semester covering:Analytical Skills (Logic Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning)Quantitative Aptitude Skills.Throughout the year, where industry /academia experts share their wisdom to enhance students learning.

In addition to core curricula, the course offers subjects like communication, analytical and soft skills to enhance personality and employability.

The university is having tie ups with many foreign universities and reputed companies thus facilitating higher education abroad and good placements respectively for their students. Big companies like Bosch, Samsung, Voltas, Lava, Vodafone, , PEGA, hp,LG Soft India, Capgemini, Hind Rectifiers,Verizon, Hitachi Power, Videocon, L&T Technology Services.

This tops companies are visiting campus for drives Bosch, Samsung, Voltas, Lava, Vodafone, Verizon, Hitachi Power, Videocon, L&T Technology Services, Ericsson, HCL Technologies, Asahi India, Ceasefire Industries, Sandhar Technologies, Indus tower, KEC International, Dharam Consulting, Cleanmax Solar, CSS Corp, Exide, Zamil ACs etc.

Almost 90% of students of ECE got placed in Reputed Companies like INFINEON(12 LAKHS PER ANNUM), Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions(5 Lakhs Per Annum), Bosch Home Appliances Group(5 Lakhs per Annum), HPE(5 LPA), Trident Group(15 LPA), Think and Learn(9 LPA), Amazon, Wipro Alight Solutions, Sagacious IP, Cognizant, Cap-Gemini, Extra Marks Private Limited…..

Just before Final Year of your course, a special team called School of Professional Enhancement will prepare you for upcoming placements and believe me you wont get a day off from placements, every day a company comes to campus. Its just upto you how well you can do and never lose Patience you will get placed, you just have to prepare well for that.

Student will be given an option to go for 4 weeks study tour to USA/ European countries or any other country. You will get many opportunities like, workshops, coding events, hackathons and a lot more in LPU so that you can improve your skills, You will be able to achieve various certifications, which help you in getting better placements.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
DebrajNath
@DebrajNath  ·  0 karma

Hi Ahana, it's good to know that, during your selection of BEST University you do not possess Location constrain wherther it's Jalandhar or Chandigarh. My suggestion is further you should to think globally & approach for International exposures like Credit Transfer & Semester Exchange options

Since I had done my B.Tech. in ECE followed by MBA from Lovely Professional University, Punjab & I can say LPU fulfills all the criteria to be the number one choice of students for pursuing any course. LPU also do provide all International Exposure to the students in large scale.

Precisely after completion of B.Tech. ECE, I got the excellent placement opportunity but since my career pathway is Higher studies so I had chosen that one & get more benefited. 

As per my knowledge, School of Electronics & Electrical Engineering (SEEE), LPU is one of the projecting schools of the LPU which always intends to generate Industry ready Engineers. Highly qualified & experienced faculty members always strive too hard to build careers of the students in the upcoming technologies.

The Department continues to strive for excellence by embarking on ambitious endeavours. 

1)Around 100% placement of the eligible students

2)Prime focus on career plans covering Corporate, Government sector and Entrepreneurship

3)Faculty with National and International academic/ professional experience

4)Credit transfer opportunities under MOUs with International Universities

5)World Class infrastructure and smart classrooms

6)Curriculum development and delivery in close coordination with industry

7)Choice based curriculum with Engineering Minors, Open minors and Career pathways

8)Extended learning through MOOCs with academic grade compensation.

9)State-of-the-art Labs with industry grade software

10)Industry collaborated projects leading to incubation and patent filling

11)Industry sponsored training programs 

12)Industrial training opportunities spread over one term/one year with stipend

13)Center of Excellence: Bosch, Texas Instruments, Cadence Design Lab, National Instruments, Intel

14)Quality research with high impact and indexing

15)Professional societies and Technical clubs to explore creativity (IEEE-LPU, RISC,IET, Electech, Electrika and many more)

From my alumni page of LPU I am quoting last years Placement Record for reference (Instead of present Pandemic Situation):

Highest Package Offered (Till Date) :31 LPA (CODE NATION)

After Internship student availed: 13.75 LPA (INFINEON TECHNOLOGIES)

Placement session is still LIVE.

Hope this Helps !!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

B.Tech Civil Engineering at LPU Is better or at SRM. 

2 comments
ahana123
@ahana123  ·  0 karma

@Ahana05

Civil Engineering From LPU.He told me B. Tech in civil engineering course involves so much more than theoretical know-how. In addition to classroom lectures, students here learn via hands-on experiences which include site visits, lab sessions and so on. PPTs, animations and similar technological techniques are a regular part of classroom teaching too.
The course material provided here enables to practice civil engineering using up-to-date techniques, skills, and tools as a result of life-long learning ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data. The course benefits the students by giving them an understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
The Department aims to provide students with a technical foundation incorporated with the industrial need together with the breadth needed in the profession via advanced study or field training, or as a base for other pursuits. In order to get this develop we have timely workshops, and seminars.
Coming to faculty, they are one of the best mentors to us & everything here is up to the mark. The faculty is supporting if one is willing to learn. They teach the subjects with their full effort. Writing board, screen-projector, labs are used to teach. The college arranges frequent industry visits. New innovative ideas were framed into working models and were showcased to 10000+ school students.
LPU supports innovation and research and hence provides students with such opportunities. There are 15+entrepreneurial ventures on campus. LPU also hosts conferences where students can present their papers.
Students are placed in companies like Cleanmax Solar, Al Rakha(UAE), Dharam Consulting, Era Infra Engineering Ltd., KEC International, Simplex, WSP India, XL Dynamics, CVENT, Rishishwar Construction, Premier Developers and Contractors, etc.
Also, LPU has one of the best educational infrastructures in the nation. The laboratories are designed to enable various assessments like soil testing, cement testing, concrete testing etc.The industry experts are involved deep in development of the design of curriculum to match up the industry expectations. They frequently refurnish what they deliver.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
DebrajNath
@DebrajNath  ·  0 karma

Civil Engineering is one of the oldest and probably most crucial branches of engineering. Going by the definition of civil engineering, the subject can be defined as the study, design, development and maintenance of the built environment.

Civil Engineers have traditionally been one of the most well-respected career choices available to students from engineering background. However, due to the recent Information Technology boom and expansion of software industry, the domain of civil engineering has been sidelined. However, the civil engineering sector has bounced back strongly to cater to the rising needs of development of credible and sustainable infrastructure in both public as well as private sector.

Being an alumni of Lovely Professional University, I must say to achieve the goal of becoming SUCCESSFUL Engineer, student must be backed up & prepared well by the professors with Industry driven curriculum. In this regard, I must say LPU is renowned for developing the innovative pedagogy to shape the future of the students in large scale with all possible career prospects in corresponding domain.

Some of the facts & figures of the School of Civil Engineering, LPU is mentioned below:

1. In LPU Civil Engineering is treated as an Engineering programme which articulates the concepts from basic science to technology through lab practices and projects to gain knowledge in areas like Structural, Environmental & Highway Engineering, Construction Management etc which are in sync with industry requirements.

2. School of Civil Engineering offers Contemporary Curriculum, Professional Enhancement, Industry Immersion, Domestic & International Projects, Regular Industrial Visit, Interdisciplinary Minors, Innovative Pedagogy.

3. LPU is having Tie Ups with Civil Industry which resulted into Content Delivery by Industry Experts, Projects in collaboration with Industry.

4. School has 1000+ number of students who are involved in different research trials throughout the year.5. Huge diversity of Student Both National & International (FROM 28 STATES & 40+ COUNTRIES).

Last Year’s Placement Scenario (Till date – in spite of Pandemic situation) :

Majority students are on internships subject to PPO (Pre-Placement Offer) in the best brands like Larsen & Tubro Ltd., Simplex Infrastructure pvt Ltd., Gammon India, National Highway Authority of India, HCC, Shapoorji & Pallonji, DLF Homes, RITES Ltd., NCC, SAIL, DMRC, BHEL etc.

Highest package till date - 9.55 LPA (CABINET SECRETARIAT, GOI)

LPU's credit transfer policy which allows students to pursue the terminal semester/year of their degree and further receive a certificate from the foreign partner university.

For more details about the prospect of the Civil Engineering program in LPU, please visit the following link -

https://www.lpu.in/programmes/engineering/b-tech-civil

Hope this helps !!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Does LPU offer any Film and TV production related courses? 

1 comment
DebrajNath
@DebrajNath  ·  0 karma

Lovely Professional University do offer following courses related to Film & TV Production. It’s one of the best University of India which is offering 200+ courses in 55+ disciplines.

1) B.Sc. (Film & TV Production)

2) B.Design (Film & TV Production)

3) M.Sc. (Film and TV Production) 

I am in touch with all my fellow batchmates who had studied TV & Film Production course from LPU. They were really well guided by the respected faculties.  

School of Journalism and Film Production, LPU, is a leading teacher education institution in northern India. The school offers courses from journalism, TV and film industries from bachelors to doctorate level. The courses are recognized by UGC.

Vision of the School:

To be among the top 5 journalism and national level film schools and 50 global media schools by 2025. To be recognized as the centre of excellence for Cinema and Cinematic Brilliance from India.

Some of the unique features are mentioned below:

1) The curriculum is modelled on UGC framework with added focus on strengthening communication skills, life skills training and professional enhancement for better employability.

2) Training for entrepreneurship in the field of education is given focus. Students get opportunities to participate in field-based learning experiences and national reconstruction activities. 

3) Focus for better student-teacher interaction through mentoring sessions 

4) Orientation of curricular content for enhancing employability 

5) Opportunities to participate in extra-curricular activities for achieving all-round development. 

6) Moocs (Massive Open Online Course)

7) Under the expert guidance of eminent professors the school organize multiple Events, Seminars, Guest Lectures etc. throughout the year which is very relevant for the practical exposures of the students.

Last Year Placement Record (Till Date - In spite of Pandemic Situation) - 

6 LPA (XOXODAY) is the highest salary package till date

Placement session is still LIVE

Students are placed in the branded companies both Nationally & Internationally.

I hope your query has been resolved.  

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Does LPU offer any B.Com Hons? 

1 comment
DebrajNath
@DebrajNath  ·  0 karma

B.Com. (Hons.) is the good choice of subject if you are having strong control over subjects of commerce like Accounting, Banking And Financial Services, Economics, Finance, Financial Markets . 

LPU do offer B.Com. (Hons.) with above mentioned Specializations.

Some of the Unique features of LPU in perspective to B.Com. (Hons.) programs are mentioned below just for reference what I able to fetch from recent announcement of LPU,

1. Professional/Industry      certifications - Option to choose any 1 of the following:
    Certified Management Accountant – Institute of Management Accountants,      USA or Accounting and Finance Professional - KPMG or ACCA - Association of      Chartered Certified Accountants, UK
  2. 1      course every semester (2-6 sem) to be taught online by foreign      faculty/Industry experts
  3. Industry      visits - Financial Institution (Bank/ NBFC etc), Accounting firms (Big      five – PWC/Deloitte/KPMG/E&Y/GT etc.), some business event (Business      Conclave, Conference, Trade fair etc.)
  4. International      Immersion - 4-5 days after 2nd year to Singapore/Dubai
  5. Co-op/      Professional Experience/ Industry or Professional attachment or semester      exchange - 2-6 months (after 4th semester)
  6. Project      - 1 project every year, 1st year – Community project; 2nd year –      Research project 3rd Year – Company based project
  7. Contemporary      and Research based courses on topics like Design Thinking, Forensic      and Fraud accounting, Financial Analytics, FinTech
  8. Seed      Money to students for - Entrepreneurship · Patent Filing and Grant Money ·      Publication grant · Design/Copyright aid · Live Project grant · Research      Funding

Last Year Placement record of B.Com. Hons. course in LPU (Till Date – Instead of Pandemic Situation):

Highest Package achieved 19.25 LPA (Deshaw India Pvt. Ltd.) in last year. 

Placement session of Last year is still LIVE.

Students are placed in renowned companies like Deshaw India, Khimji Ramdas, Click Labs, Extra Marks, MCAFEE SOFTWARE, Federal Bank, Think & Learn, STELIOS ASSET MANAGEMENT PVT LTD. & many more.

Hope this helps !!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...