Info for joining TCS

35 Posts  ·  26 Users
About this group
Hello,I have been selected by TCS in a campus recruitment drive in our college. I need to know some information actually. 1.How the medical check up procedure is carried on?I mean,will they specify some specific hospital/doctor? 2.How much m...
Page 1 of 4

HI

I got aricent joining date on oct 18 and TCS joining date somewhere from dec to jan ( i hope) . Now i am not interested in building a career in IT field(atleast as a technical guy). preparing for MBA (mocks 80 percentile).

query 1 :all I want to know is which company has low (or no :p) work pressure ?? it doesn't mean i expect a paid holiday. as i am strong in C and JAVA I will be able to manage these things easily..

query 2: if i get some decent colege this time (thats around june 2011) and if i were working in TCS then, do i have to pay 50,000 or 1 lac ? becas the offer letter says "for a minimum period of 2 years
after joining, failing which, you (and your surety) will be liable to pay TCSL Rs.50,000/-towards the training expenditure."

query 3: do i really have to pay bond money for breaking bond in 4 months ??

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

HI

I got aricent joining date on oct 18 and TCS joining date somewhere from dec to jan ( i hope) . Now i am not interested in building a career in IT field(atleast as a technical guy). preparing for MBA (mocks 80 percentile).

query 1 :all I want to know is which company has low (or no :p) work pressure ?? it doesn't mean i expect a paid holiday. as i am strong in C and JAVA I will be able to manage these things easily..

query 2: if i get some decent colege this time (thats around june 2011) and if i were working in TCS then, do i have to pay 50,000 or 1 lac ? becas the offer letter says "for a minimum period of 2 years
after joining, failing which, you (and your surety) will be liable to pay TCSL Rs.50,000/-towards the training expenditure."

query 3: do i really have to pay bond money for breaking bond in 4 months ??

they hv written 3.16 pa after the training....n for the training time they will give me arnd 16000 pm in hand

You should opt for Aircom bcoz in a big company like Tcs u might not get a chance to gain the technical knowledge and also u can get any type of work , whether u like it or not.However in smaller companies u get to learn a lot .......really a lot.And once having the knowledge & exp.with u you can easily get into u bigger company and that to with a higher package.
by the way hw much tcs is paying u during the probation period.

Hello Friends,

I have been recuited On Campus By Infosys in January 2010. I have got Infosys joining date 13-Dec-2010. But I have also been selected by TCS in their Off Campus Drive. They have given me Offer Letter but their Joining Letter is yet to come. I am a Non CS/IT student and don't know much about Computer Languages . I am having great confusion as I have no idea to join which company. I want to know Which is better Company out of two for me? Which Company will provide me better work atmosphere and job security? Also, I am looking to pursue MBA after 2-3 years Work Experience. So which company is better to join? Please help me with your suggestions. I am looking forward to your responses. Thanks in advance.

firstly if u look at infosys.... the mysore training centre is awesome... u wont have any problem with adjusting and stuff..... but u can enjoy only if u have urs basics right in atleast c and c++ .. else u'll have a hard time........... but tcs also u have a dedicated ilp initial learning program for three months and then another nine months of training so if u consider comfort level in work then u can go for tcs.. but u wudnt b getting tht good accomodation wich u'll get in infosys... so it all boils down to ur priority

Hi
I have just completed my btech in CSE and i got selected in TCS offcampus drive in september this year. Though they have mailed my the offer letter n marked the confirmation, the joining date is still pending. Meanwhile, another MNC Aircom International(small cmpny though) offered me a job as a tester. I joined the cmpny. They r paying me more thn TCS atleast for the probation period.
Being a fresher, which cmpny should i opt for? I hears that people working in TCS hardly learn, n capability hardly matters..! I have plans to do MBA after 1-2 years....plz give me some advice..

rakshaknaik Says
Relax...nothing will happen.

thanx for ur help dear....but are you sure that i will be safe in background check process....because i have heard that it consists of some external as well as internal checks.....pls help me out.....can u provide me the exact details.....

thanx in advance....

Hello Friends,

I have been recuited On Campus By Infosys in January 2010. I have got Infosys joining date 13-Dec-2010. But I have also been selected by TCS in their Off Campus Drive. They have given me Offer Letter but their Joining Letter is yet to come. I am a Non CS/IT student and don't know much about Computer Languages . I am having great confusion as I have no idea to join which company. I want to know Which is better Company out of two for me? Which Company will provide me better work atmosphere and job security? Also, I am looking to pursue MBA after 2-3 years Work Experience. So which company is better to join? Please help me with your suggestions. I am looking forward to your responses. Thanks in advance.

hey ppl i am having a big problem....

tcs came to our colg on 12 march 2010 and unfortunately i couldnt clear the writtern......now i was called in offcampus of tcs recently and got selected and got my initial offer letter...though i told the HR that TCS did came to our colg.....so i want to know that will they cancel my selection during background check process due to 6 months eligibility criteria....pls reply as soon as possible....my initial offer letter is dates 3 september 2010......

Relax...nothing will happen.

hey ppl i am having a big problem....

tcs came to our colg on 12 march 2010 and unfortunately i couldnt clear the writtern......now i was called in offcampus of tcs recently and got selected and got my initial offer letter...though i told the HR that TCS did came to our colg.....so i want to know that will they cancel my selection during background check process due to 6 months eligibility criteria....pls reply as soon as possible....my initial offer letter is dates 3 september 2010......