Indian School of Business : Young Leaders' Program

24 Posts  ·  530 Users
About this group
ISB has started a 2+1 Program, which is formally called the *Young Leaders' Program*, on the lined of HBS' 2+2 program this year. This program aimed at pre final year college students, and there is a special admission process entailing various rou...
Page 1 of 3

Need some advice, Request you to please review my profile and suggest me what are my chances to get any Tier-1 B-school for my regular executive MBA

Acad-10th(63%),12th(78%) B.com(62%)-3rd topper MBA9IBS,PUNE)-7.5CGPA

Experience-5.1 year

Berger paints - 2 year

Godrej-2.3 year 

currently working -Schnieder electric-ASM

How good is the my  profile for IIM/ISB/SPJAIN? What score will be sufficient to get a call ? 

Thanks all ,

Your valuable advice really means a lot 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey Guys, PrepMinds is back with another interesting update. We have something on lines of the popular "Chai pe Charcha". PrepMinds is bringing you an opportunity to chat with an ISB alumnus over brunch and get your queries resolved. This session will help you understand admission hacks, to know more about ISB and post MBA life.

We urge you to participate in this and utilize the opportunity to the fullest. Since we can accommodate only a few registrations, we request you to fill the below google form and RSVP. More details are in the poster.

https://docs.google.com/…/1FAIpQLSem2CgChXDyKrNUG…/viewform…

Date of event : April 21, 2019 @ 11.30 AM Venue: PrepMinds Center, AS Rao Nagar, Hyderabad

Please visit  www.theprepminds.com 

You can also message on our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/ThePrepMinds/posts/?ref=page_internal 

Call us on: +91 9100887418/ 9966236035/ 8978300400

Post 41022150927892
  PrepMinds is not the usual coaching centre when one thinks of classroom sessions. Our speciality is ensuring commitment and quality towards comprehensive and dedicated teaching. We value the student’s trust in us! Our institute caters to candidates who are extremely serious about scoring high on GMAT, IELTS and TOEFL. Our batches are limited in size to enable every student to get maximum attention.A genuine and earnest test prep option in Hyderabad
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

PrepMinds is offering a range of services, especially for ISB aspirants. What could be better than hearing from the horses' mouth? Get connected with ISB Alumni and kickstart your admission process for ISB. We have a few exciting offers as well. Hurry up!!   

Post 6594939531558912
  PrepMinds is not the usual coaching centre when one thinks of classroom sessions. Our speciality is ensuring commitment and quality towards comprehensive and dedicated teaching. We value the student’s trust in us! Our institute caters to candidates who are extremely serious about scoring high on GMAT, IELTS and TOEFL. Our batches are limited in size to enable every student to get maximum attention.A genuine and earnest test prep option in Hyderabad
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Five leadership program for final and pre-final year students

The last semester of every student seems to be very crucial. Most of the students dream of a beautiful career with a lot of confusion. From last a weeks, I was trying to find certain good programs for freshers which they can do to achieve their dream career. It was very much surprising to me that there are many leadership programs in India organized by some of the major and start-up companies. From Google to startup, they are providing such platforms where if students as freshers get selected, they can achieve their dream career on their own. Instead of wasting time here and there in search of jobs or waiting for companies to come to their campuses, I prefer students to go for these programs where everything you find sponsored. I am going to list the five leadership program organized in and around Delhi NCR which gives final year student an amazing platform.

1) Mckinsey Leadership Development Program:

Undoubtedly it's one of the best leadership program organized in INDIA but the quality really matters here. You can visit their website and come to more about them. In Mckinsey own word "we aspire to help develop high-performing global leaders across all sectors - private, public, and social. McKinsey Leadership Development is the global platform that integrates all our offerings in this area. To bring our programs to your doorstep, we have established a growing network of global leadership centers." For more information about the program, I urge you to visit http://mld.mckinsey.com/

2) Infosys INSTEP Program:

It's one of the well-known programs in INDIA for freshers where they get a platform to show their actual potential. Infosys have an own process of selecting the students and students need to go through that selection process. I strongly prefer that this program should reach to every college campuses. For any further information regarding the program, you can go to their website https://www.infosys.com/instep/default.asp

3) SPLIP- Software Professional Leadership Cum Internship Program:

Out of the five I am writing about, this one is the least known but one of the most promised leadership program for college graduates who are actively looking to join certain big names in the software industry. They have a limited number of seats and mostly take students by collaborating with engineering colleges. This program although don't provide any salary to the student but an ultimate destination for those who want to be a part of the software industry. You can come to know more about them through their website: http://lkshya.com/

4) IBM Leadership program for Women: In 2011 IBM launched a leadership program especially for women's in areas like technology and sales to create a pipeline in these segments which are mostly dominated by the men. This is one of the preferred programs but it's only for women who are looking for the career in technology or sales side. In their words "While the initial challenge of getting women to be a part of the workforce in conventional roles has been met, there is a need to do focused program across functions of business, technical and sales leadership," Anupama Ambe, the Chairperson of the India Women Leadership Council (IWLC), IBM India, said. You can come to know more about this program by visiting IBM Website. You can come to know more about this program through their website www.ibm.com/in-en/

5) startup leadership program: From the company website only..... The Startup Leadership Program (SLP) is a highly selective, global, world-class training program and lifelong global network for outstanding founders, leaders, and innovators who want to become startup CEOs. Classes are held on evenings or weekends. We take no equity. The program began in Boston in 2006 with seven Fellows (participants). It has grown to 26 cities in 12 countries. Every year 15-25 Fellows join the program in every city. This year 500 Fellows will go through the program as a single class. You can come to more about through their websitehttp://www.startupleadership.com/pages/overview/#anchor

We urge you all to kindly forward this to all of your students so that they can apply for the same or even as a TPO you can contact the concerned person and if possible try to do a collaboration with them so that your student gets benefited. Hope This info will help you all to come to know about the various leadership programs. I will try to write a blog on this leadership program one by one and will forward to you. Looking forward to your support and smile. Kindly forward this to all in your professional network so that maximum students gets benefited.

Jobs and Career all depends on the choices you make today.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have got 88%in ISC and have a cpga of 7.1 . Do I have a chance of clearing 1st stage of ylp(isb)?

1 comment
anand96
@anand96  ·  6 karma

Yes

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Everyone,

General Education is organizing a webinar on "ISB YLP Application Strategy" where you can interact with ISB Admission Director and alumnus of top Ivy league B-Schools like - Harvard Business School, Darden, Oxford, INSEAD, HEC and ISB.

The details of webinar are: ISB YLP: The WHY, WHEN and the HOW?

Hear from an expert team comprising alumni of Top B-Schools - Harvard, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, AGSM about how to go about planning for the seemingly complicated MBA admission process. Interact with experts to know what makes a B-School application stand-out in the eyes of the admissions committee.

Webinar Agenda:

How to start thinking. Is MBA necessary for me?

What could be my pay offs? Which Schools? Right time to apply? ·

Managing the ISB YLP application process · Live analysis of actual MBA essays, Recommendations, Resume etc. ·

Interactive Q&A session with ISB Admission Director

Key Note Speakers: ISB Admission Director and Alumni of Harvard Business School, INSEAD, HEC Paris, ISB, Darden

Date and Time: Online: 3rd May 2015; 11 am IST to 12:30 pm IST Venue: Online,

For free registration please visit http://goo.gl/ZAqKr9

Register soon.

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Anybody who has been selected for ISB YLP batch of 2017?

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
ISBeacon
@ISBeacon  ·  98 karma

The results are out now and it's surprising that there is not much activity on this thread!

Those who've made it, must now totally focus on GMAT. There are just few months that you have and the competition is severe.

So, make sure you make the best use of your summer vacation and put in everything towards your prep. Good luck!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Freewill2014
@Freewill2014  ·  0 karma

I got through the 1st Stage and plan to take the GMAT on 20th July.  I guess pagalguy and similar forums aren't quite popular among the prefinal year students, because most people tend to get serious about their higher education only in the final year. That's one of the reasons why the competitive pool for the YLP is a little easier than what it would be if we had to apply in the final year. Although most people who apply are highly focused people so yes I am sure it won't be just scoring a 700+ on the GMAT.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can you tell me what were the topics of the essays that you were asked to write on in 1st and 2nd level, and also what did the video had to elaborate on in 1st level? I am going to appear for it in 2012.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can you tell me what were the topics of the essays that you were asked to write on, and also what did the video had to elaborate on? I am going to appear for it in 2012....

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
satvikshr Says
about 5000 students have applied and out out of those, 1000 will be selected for the next round to appear for the GMAT. let's see what's in store.

No way man! This number of people apply for the PGP admissions, after getting some work experience. And ISB calls about 5/8th of its applicants for interviews.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...