IMT vs IMI [2009-2011]

13 Posts  ·  15 Users
About this group
Hi I have got admission to IMT Ghaziabad's PGDM(Full Time) flagship course and also to IMI New Delhi's PGDM(Full Time) course for the session 2009-2011. I am confused which institute I should join. Both have positives and negatives. IMI ...
Page 1 of 2

@spaceman....Congrats for the converts but avoid such threads..

No comparisons. Thread locked.

Only thing i like about stone in my path is, when I cross them, they become my milestones!
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Hi

I have got admission to IMT Ghaziabad's PGDM(Full Time) flagship course and also to IMI New Delhi's PGDM(Full Time) course for the session 2009-2011.

I am confused which institute I should join. Both have positives and negatives. IMI is upcoming, has a better location than IMT and has a smaller batch size than IMT.
IMT has a stronger brand name, has better infrastructure and has Kamal Nath's backing.

Please help me out with this.
Thanks.

Ravit Madan

I think yu have got a hole in your soul that takes in a lot of ideas.
better seal it.

i am confused myself,bout which one to go for ,because i have heard a LOT of good things bout IMI,and IMT has the brand but i think it has put itself in a huge mess with a huge batch of 400! i mean i dont understand how will they manage to place 400 people even in a non -recession type of scenario forget in the time of recession for now.
i am guessing/hoping they must have thought about it before taking in such a huge batch.

My 2 penny's worth on this..

I agree comparisions per se should not be allowed on PG but stating the strengths and weaknesses of a college should be allowed so that the users can make informative choices.

Eg we can always put positive points of IMI and IMT in a single post and let puys make up their own minds rather than a blunt statement like x is better than y.

We do need some information to make up our minds on which of them to join without making derogatory remarks against either.

i think as someone already pointed out pagal guy ranking is a comparison in itself and IS CONSTITUTED of individual opinions in itself on a larger scale.
add to that the individual opinions of PG users i think youre only minimalizing the inconsistancies that may exist if any.
the opinions of individuals doesnt really represent all of PG as a whole,plus its a fundamental right so to me i think it doesnt make sense to NOT allow comprisons.

Well, I have converted both IMT(PGDM-Fin) and IMI(PGDM) but won't be taking up any because of better converts, and I can assure you that you have a tough call to make. IMI is a very good upcoming school. I know this from their faculty, and their backing. Just look at their Board of Governors, and the situation becomes clear. IMT has lost a lot of reputation in recent years, and Ghaziabad is not such a good place either. BUT, IMT has a better brand and this is the only advantage it has got. Personally I would say, go for IMI

i think as someone already pointed out pagal guy ranking is a comparison in itself and IS CONSTITUTED of individual opinions in itself on a larger scale.
add to that the individual opinions of PG users i think youre only minimalizing the inconsistancies that may exist if any.
the opinions of individuals doesnt really represent all of PG as a whole,plus its a fundamental right so to me i think it doesnt make sense to NOT allow comprisons.

Sandy2003 Says
I dont understand why comparison is not allowed......even pg ranking is a kind of comparison.........choice of b-school is very crucial for one's career.......and some of the best brains are here on pg..and if someone is asking them abt two schools then whats bad in it....a person's career is much important than simple rules....

PG ranking is comparison all right. But its based on surveys and inputs from various resources. But threads like these wont necessarily contain verified information, rather personal views and opinions about a college. This might give an impression that PG favours some institute or is against another, which is wrong and is not the case.

Career is important no doubt...such queries can be asked through PMs na.
Sandy2003 Says
I dont understand why comparison is not allowed......even pg ranking is a kind of comparison.........choice of b-school is very crucial for one's career.......and some of the best brains are here on pg..and if someone is asking them abt two schools then whats bad in it....a person's career is much important than simple rules....

Yess , Why does PG doesnt allows us to wash dirty lenin in public :)

Sab ganda hai par dhanda hai yeh....Boss..
Comparing schools is not allowed on PG. aur yahan bhai ne thread hi bana diya

Request the mods to close this thread.

Comparing schools is not allowed on PG. aur yahan bhai ne thread hi bana diya

Request the mods to close this thread.