IMT -- The transformation !

34 Posts  ·  20 Users
About this group
Hi fellow IMT-ians.. well, after reading the threads at other B-Schools, most of them being Non-IIMs,I felt a dire need that we do something from our side, with the help of our seniors and should try and make IMT a superbrand ! Yes, you can laug...
Page 1 of 4

Hi Puys,

Hope u all are doin gud..:D

IMT is opening its new campus in Hyderabad from the year 2010.

Check This Out:

IMT to set up biz school in Hyderabad - Economy and Politics - livemint.com

IMT Rockzz..!!

Cheerzz..

The Only thing constant in Life-Change!
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

this is an awesome idea..the puys would be more than happy to assist!

@ Ameya..

mate I am here on PG now...

I was going through the PG rankings for B schools..especially methodology. If we can come to know about the parameters for which they have evaluated B-schools, we can get some help.

Also in one of the issues of Businessworld I had seen various parameters...I will try to locate it

vaibhavan AKA Vaibhav

Hmmmm... Great initiative Ameya... As an outsider i can give you few pointers which is affecting IMT as a brand.

--> Transluscent Admission process. This stuff can be made more clear.
--> Batch Stregth: Could be decreased a lil bit.
--> Cut Off : Like MDI and now even IMI cutoff for IMT should be around 97%ile... Though this is somewhat debatable but the above 2 points can be taken..

Comments Welcome..

Nishant

Gr8 intiative guys...now that all of us r startin on a journey and with Dreams and hopes in our eyes i think we as the new Batch should take it up to raise the bar for IMT

One of the ways to do it can be to first list out the major positives of IMT and also List out the areas we can improve on....then we can concentrate on those areas but keep building upon IMT's strenghths too which will effect an overall growth

I must accept, that when I thought of taking this idea up, I was expecting a lot of groans, thought people might find the idea really corny .. But its great to see that people are equally enthused about going out of way and doing something for their alma mater (future) .. Now all I can say is that if like minded people like us can come together and work on any target, we can and we will make a difference (Line directly borrowed from Shoaib Ilyasi's India's most Wanted) .. But on a serious note, we sure can do this..
And I think this time is just ripe to get more and more enthusiastic people roped in .. and then start brainstorming sessions and making blueprints once the sessions start..
Also, I think we should not try and impose this on anyone .. If anyone is interested he'll come on his own.. We don't need people who'll pledge support and then who'd leave at crunch times.
Here I already see, people who innately are interested and thats what will lead us to success..
P.S. Even IMTians from Dubai are chipping in here, that's really a great thing.

Absolutely correct mate.The kind of purpose this thread has, it doesn`t requires to give any invitation.Its something which can come from inside only to show once dedication towards institution.
gr8 to see IMT-Dubai student also supporting this thread.

regards

I must accept, that when I thought of taking this idea up, I was expecting a lot of groans, thought people might find the idea really corny .. But its great to see that people are equally enthused about going out of way and doing something for their alma mater (future) .. Now all I can say is that if like minded people like us can come together and work on any target, we can and we will make a difference (Line directly borrowed from Shoaib Ilyasi's India's most Wanted) .. But on a serious note, we sure can do this..
And I think this time is just ripe to get more and more enthusiastic people roped in .. and then start brainstorming sessions and making blueprints once the sessions start..
Also, I think we should not try and impose this on anyone .. If anyone is interested he'll come on his own.. We don't need people who'll pledge support and then who'd leave at crunch times.
Here I already see, people who innately are interested and thats what will lead us to success..
P.S. Even IMTians from Dubai are chipping in here, that's really a great thing.

Ameya,

It may sound as a cliche to you but i would say it again.."Its a Gr8 Idea.."..The transformation that you talk about for the brand IMT,should happen cause although IMT is a brand in itself to make it into a totally global brand which has a worldwide respect,we need to put in loads and loads of work most of the points that we need to work on have been discussed over here but we need to make a start somewhere,to give an impetus to our Sincere Initiative..

Wel Count me in too I am Ankur and have taken admission for MBA Programme at the newest addition to the IMT Brand and that is IMT Dubai.I would love to be a part of any initative to build brand IMT.

Hoping to having a great time in interacting with all my fellow IMTians..!!

Thanks

Ankur Vohra
MBA Class of 2010
IMT Dubai

The Only thing constant in Life-Change!

Ameya,

This is a truly awesome idea...Hats off to you for taking the initiative...
I am all game to be a part of this transformation :angel:

Like someone else pointed out, the image or brand name of a bschool is from two view points:

1) Students: We form the most important and integral part of IMT.... the intellectual capital. Improving the admission process and some brand advertising by us will definitely attract the best talent in the country to IMT. How to do this will be a big debate all together.Like many puys here pointed out that we need to have the admission process more transparent and better organised. I completely agree with you guys...

2) Corporate: This is the view that the industry has about IMT. Corporate interactions, greater alumni network ,Corporate consultancy etc. Here i would like to say that getting better students would also go a long way in improving the brand image that IMT has among the industry.

Lets not leave any stone unturned towards achieving this. :grab:

Seniors can u throw some light on PMDM-IB programme Placement records??

Is Intl Finance eqv. to IB as major + finance as minor...??

Hi Rohit

This is not apt thread for ur queries.This thread is running for some other purpose.

Please ask and share admission related queries in other relevant thread of IMT-G.

Regards