imt-ghaziabad-2014-2016-gd-pi-experiences

19 Posts  ·  113 Users
About this group
Hello Puys,All those who are done with their IMT GD/PI process,can share their experiences on this thread..Please follow the below given format....Date-Center-Slot-Cat percentile-XII marks-X marks-work ex-extracurriculars:-GD top...
Page 1 of 2

result kab ayega?

MBA Class of 2016, DMS IITD, Cat13: 97.91, NM: 211; Calls: IIT D,M,New IIMs, NMIMS, XIMB;Converts-all
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Date- 22/02/2014

Center- Xavier Institute, Mumbai

Slot- 12:30 pm

XAT percentile- 97

XII marks- 91

X marks- 93

work ex- 30 months in Reliance

GD topic- Milkha Singh said Dhyanchand should have got Bharat Ratna before Sachin Tendulkar

GD was a fish market. No individual was allowed to speak for more than 5-10 seconds and I felt the topic wasn't discussed at all. In the last 5 minutes I was able to convince the groupto let everyone put forward their opinion and wrap up the GD.

PI

Two panelist, both male.

P1: couple of questions on my college

Me: answered

P1: Why marketing?

Me: gave my reasons (P1 looked satisfied)

P1: Can you define Marketing, how is it different than sales and advertisement?

Me: Spoke at length about marketing, gave an example, said marketing is a broader term than sales. (P1 looked satisfied)

P1: tell me about your work profile?

Me: told him along with the current projects I am handling.

P1: tell me about ..... term ( I dont remember the term) used in Project Management?

Me: no idea. told him I wasn't into project management.

P1: tell me about the deal between Facebook and Whatsapp ( amount and how they fixed the amount, was it a good deal)

Me: we discussed on this deal though P1 wasn't satisfied by my answers on how they arrived on the amount.

P1: Do you such huge deals can go wrong

Me: said yes, gave them examples.

P2: how many elements are there in periodic table ( why this question )

Me: i told them what I knew

P1: questions on Bhopal Gas tragedy, CM of Kerala & Tamil Nadu, setting free 7 people accused of being Rajiv Gandhi assassins

Me: answered all ( I told them I do follow current affairs)

No questions on my hobbies ( I was prepared for that). but overall interview was good.

ATB to everone.

3 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Anyone from Gurgaon having Interview tomorrow(21-02-2014) at 08:30 ?? I am booking a cab. Anyone intersted in sharing??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Date-17/02/2014

Center-IMT Ghaziabad

Slot-12:30 PM

Cat/XAT/GMAT- CAT 99.58

XII marks-79

X marks-82.8

work ex- Final year student

GD topic- Hiring through Facebook and Twitter. After the first 2 3 people gave their inputs it turned into a fish market as expected. Some one ( @ank5445 read Lamba) asked everyoe to speak one by one. Till the time my chance came to speak the round ended. The panel asked the remaining two of us to give their inputs. Overall poor discussion. My performance- 2/5.

PI- Very very vague PI. They weren't taking more than 10 mins with anyone. 12th person.

My experience-

P1-Middle aged male P2- Middle aged female

P1- have u got placed?

P1-which company?

are u planning to join?

so u jeopardised someone's chance of getting placed?

if u don't get into a good college this year than will u do?

why MBA this year only?

competition is so high that u can't be sure of getting placed even after doing an MBA.

ME- I am confident that a college such as IMT is able to place most of its student with an above average package

P1-u might not get into a college next year too.

ur acads r also low at 70s.(forgot to mention absolute GPA )

asked about my fav subjects ( I don't know anything related to IT )

told him C

asked further

told him DS

asked further

told him DBMS

asked further told OS

asked the 2 most basic questions of OS

what is kernel

what is shell

me being me, i didn't even know the answers to these 2 questions. heard "shell" for the first time.

P1 asked biggest company by market share in cloud computing

answered MS hahahaha

P1-really? what is its maket share?

Me- don't know that

P1 CEO of MS

Mr Nadella

P1 doesnt he have a first name

Me dont remember sir (stressed out now)

previous CEO

me mr. steve

doesnt he have a last name

don't remember ( me going into a "shell" )

CEO of oracle

no idea

chairman of Infy

Mr Narayan Murthy

CEO?

me mr S. Balakrishnan

P1 really?

then P2 chilled out

u have mentioned travelling as ur hobby how does IT help in travelling

i answered it beautifully (started to get int my groove and relax )

what is virual trading (mentioned in hobby)

i explained

i thought they were checking if i knew about it or not but they actually didn't know

asked "Is it a game? " me-

P1- what is bitcoin

answered nicely now in full confidence coz the interview was now starting to come to my territory

P1- ok thank u

me-

only 10 minutes very very very vague interview. nothing about me. why mba? my interests? nothing. weird interview i would say. maybe P1 was trying to grill me but poor PI.

Performnce- 3/5

Fly away!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all, I tried to download personal details form(PDF) from IMT official website. But it throws me an error that file doesnt exist. Do any of you face the same issue? Please respond as i have interview on 23rd.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

which one is better PGDM(FT) or PGDM(Finance)?

Fly away!
1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Would be very helpful if people also state the answers that they gave instead of stating just the question in PI.

👍

Fly away!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey guys i forgot to take the photocopy of the original personal detail form i filled. Will two duly filled original form do or do I need to get 1 original and 1 photocopy of it. I have my intrvw tomorrow 8.30 am. Please help.

1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

kindly enlist the documents that I need to carry to the centre....also tell if we are allowed any paper to jot points DURING the discussion is taking place...

2 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...