IMS - SIMCAT 7 Scores and Discussion.

30 Posts  ·  24 Users
About this group
Use this thread to post scores of SIMCAT-7. \-------------- A really good paper by IMS. This mock can really come up as actual CAT. But nothing's perfect and IMS proves it through it's bad interface.After clicking on any of the b...
Page 1 of 3

Hi friends,

Please pardon me if I sound rude or ignorant...Actually, I have purchased CAT 500 from IMS...I have got SIMCATs 5,6 and 7 free with that package
So, I am new to the SIMCATs...
:
Wrote SIMCAT-7 just now...scored 36 in section-1 and 39 in section-2...overall--75...

Now, I am getting 99.02 percentile at this score...cut-off for both sections is 31 with overall cut-off given as 69...looking at the difficulty level, I feel the cut-offs are fine...

I wanted to know how reliable are the percentiles given by IMS?? I mean do they have a large number of students taking the test which automatically means that the percentiles are quite accurate...or do they give approximate percentiles like Test Funda??

Please

Dr. Gaurav Mehta, HRM&LR Batch of 2012-14, TISS-Mumbai
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey dude ... i wil like to exchange aimcats for simcats ... Plz drop ur e-mail address or send me a private msg if u r intersted ... Cheers !!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey dude ... i wil like to exchange aimcats for simcats ... Plz drop ur e-mail address or send me a private msg if u r intersted ... Cheers !!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Took it from home today
qa-18/5- 49 99.78
valr-20/7-53- 99.9
oa-38/12- 102- 99.93

XLRI School of Business and Human Resources BM-2012-14 Batch Member- PGDT'11, UDT'10, KDT'10
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
well, at this point i am really wondering if IMS percentiles are reliable. In simcats , my percentiles have been 98.6, 99.81, 96.7, 98.6, 99.26, 84.8 (the easiet simcat, simcat 6... yes bad bad day), 99.37, whereas recently started giving aimcats and have been struggling with those (last 3 have been terribly bad with around 80-85 percentiles, including -3 (minus 3) in aimcat 1207, immediately after which I appeared for simcat 7 at 1am in the morning (after a hectic ofyc day) and scored 99.37 %ile.

I really cant relate aimcat and ims %iles.

Opinions plz!

Hi BalericInsane,

I personally feel that the level of difficulty for time/cl is more than that for ims mocks and thats precisely one of the reasons why i joined ims. Simcat 7 was actually CAT like.. but the level of other tests makes me wonder if they are gonna really be helpfull in adding to practice.. newayz cat is cat and the changing levels of difficulty and styles each year have even left the coaching institutes wondering about hows the actual cat gonna be:shocked:

And in case anyone's been trying the online practise tests and e-concept builders by ims.. please comment on their level are they good enough stuff to be done? And regarding the IMS Admat test booklets.. i think there are no solns. provided for these any comments? can we discuss those somewhere?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Simcat 7 was definitely harder than previous version....
section 1-45...(screwed up a DI caselet)
section 2-32...(low acc. in VA)
overall-77...!!!

My percentile is bound to fall from 99.9 in simcat 6 to 99.3-99.4(IMO)..!!!

Well it fell more than i thought...:shocked:
Section1 Section2 Overall Your Percentile 99.53 91.97 99.16 Your NetScore 45 32 77
barely cleared section 2 and overall cut-offs....lucky there...;)
AIR-78

well lets see what simcat 8 has in bag 4 me....planning to give it tomorrow evening...!!!
Piyush Srivastava MBA(IB) 2012-14 Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

what about result... did they announce SIMCAT 7 percentiles???

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

QA/DI - 38
VA/LR - 48
OA - 86

Not sure what to make out of this!!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Tried new strategy in both sections. Did not do well in first section.(Tried to solve DI first and kept on hanging in last set which lead me nowhere. result could not go through a lot of QA questions. In section solved all LRs.Might get 2 wrong there too.Left 2 RCs)

QA-DI:37:splat:
VA-LR: 30

IIFT|| Batch of '13-'15||IMF(Student Council),Joint Media Coordinator
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Qa+di : 31 (21a 13c 8w) :banghead:
va+lr : 32 (20a 13c 7w) :banghead:

OA: 63 (41a 26c 15w) :banghead:

Puys, please advise how to increase the accuracy and get pass the magic 90+ threshold.

@S K S :: awesome score. :shocked::shocked:

"If you want some, go get it. Period."
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...