Importance of sleep and how much to sleep

1 Post  ·  1 User
About this group
I don't think I can get +99%ile in CAT this year. I have a lot of items on my plate. But for those who are very close, this will help. I am sharing something golden which will make a difference in your life and boost your performance ever...
Page 1 of 1

I don't think I can get +99%ile in CAT this year. I have a lot of items on my plate. But for those who are very close, this will help.

I am sharing something golden which will make a difference in your life and boost your performance everywhere. Before that, thanks to everyone who shared information here because of which now i have good idea of the type and range of GA in phase 1 and syllabus of phase2.                                                                   In what activity we spend largest portion of life as compared to any other activity ? It's sleep. For what we care less is what we do most. But even after spending that much time do we understand this activity? Our body recovers during sleep , deposits information in long term memory etc. which all can search on internet easily. What i want to talk about is sleep cycle. Though you may not realize but it happens to everyone. They wake up after somewhat only 5 hrs and are quite energetic that they wonder why. On the other hand even after sleeping for 8-10 hours they feel weak and sluggish. why ? Because of sleep cycle. If you wake up in middle of cycle if will affect you. But my body wakes me up, I can't control it.  No. You wake up because of external or internal factors. External factors: noise, alarm clock etc. Internal factors: toilet? thirst? If you use alarm clock everyday, then it's not good. By making you feel sleepy your body is forcing you to sleep, to recover properly for optimum function. During school, most of us hated waking up in morning. But the real problem was incomplete sleep of around 6 hours only, instead of 7-8 hours. It's happening today too. Parents, relatives or even teachers encourage children to use alarm clock and teach them that 6 hours is enough.  " hamare zamane main to hum subah 4 baje uthte the. Kitni bhi nind aaye bistar chod do, 5 minute main sab nind chale jaati hain, chehre par paani mar lo"   haan, aap uthte honge, hame maaf karo.  Sleep is your cool down phase and very imp, it kills stress too.                                                            Now coming back to sleep cycle. There are phases in sleep cycle and 1 cycle is around 90 minutes. Keep track pf your sleep time and energy level after you wake up, for 1 month, and check for yourself.                                                           No need to worry for technical details, just follow this. Avoid eating 1-2 hours before sleeping. Don't drink too much water before sleeping, else 'ting tong, pee alarm'. Don't set alarm, your body knows better when to wake up. If you have business in morning then set up alarm, but sleep early to wake up before alarm rings. Keep alarm as a safety net in circus, which saves you only if you fall. I sleep at night only. But if you want to sleep in afternoon then in my opinion 90 minutes is good. In sleep, body balances hormone too. Less sleep increase cortisol in body (if i remember right) which make your stomach bloated. So just with good sleep you can have slightly better stomach. Also, always be hydrated. Drink 2-3 litres water daily. Do this for a month and look for yourself. Then post it here for others to look and learn. If you are reading this then you are also under pressure and stress, just like other people trying to make good future. Many applicants, less vacancies. Nothing beats stress/pressure better than proper sleep and exercise. 3 hr per week for exercise is enough. I myself put on 13 kg of clean weight in 4 and a half month with that plan, when i was beginner. I still use that plan and lift more weight than the trainer in gym 😃                                                                                    For those who are curious about my sleep, I sleep approx 8 hours only at night. Once i sleep, I wake up only after approx 8 hours. No pee, no thirst, no ting tong ping pong, nothing but 1 solid sleep. As soon as i wake up i don't feel sluggish at all, in fact I can run in 200m race too. I rarely feel hungry or thirsty in day or night, because I always eat or drink before my body hints me. My weight doesn't increase or decrease unless I want it to. But that is calorie estimation which i will share after giving RBI phase 1.

Hope this helps

What's your carrot? 
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...