Please don't open a new thread... please post in relevant threads related to queries ...... @moderators please close this thread...
as far as GMAT score goes..i dont think multiple attempts should spoil ur chances....u have a substantial jump in the score...had it been a 10 pt increment everytime..then it wud have shown badly...
I've been a silent follower of this forum and have been and firstly i have to say kudos to all you fine people providing such valuable information about admissions. Great Job !
My story is, i've been giving my gmat since 08 .. and i took the test four already with scores: 580, 580, 530 and 730. Now, i don't have patience to further work on my score and would like to go ahead with next steps.
What im looking for is ..
1. Goal is to remain in IT even after mba but get into some middle-mgmt positions such as program mgr, prodcut mgr, BA etc
2. Want to go for programs which are not that costly (appx 20-25L INR) but sametime from good enuf schools (like top 30)
3. Want to take up only one-year full-time programs, giving least priority to Candian and UK schools (nothing against 'em..jst my preference). Basically since i want to be in IT i think APAC or US is the place.
That said, keeping above points in mind, i started doing some research on schools that i can apply to and i could figure out following - ISB, IIM-A PGPX, NUS, Lancaster(UK).
My first preference is ISB but i have some concerns so im writing this to you guys for the valuable suggestions.
1. Will my multiple gmat score affect isb ? I know they consider highest/latest score but in general while evaluating the candidacy, how bad will it play against me ..especially my downturn to 530 :(
2. What is the impact of the same while aplying to rest of the schools im choosing ? NUS and iim-a especially.
Please provide your suggestions, it would greatly help me.
Finally ..little about my current profile:
1. Did my Engg frm a well-reputed state univ in my state (india) 2005 pass out
2. Since then working in Google india now as a senior developer. Got few chances to make some business trips to US, UK but shorterm
3. Not so high extra curriculars. I work for an NGO on few projects. I play guitar as a hobby and am a Trinity school certified student. Won state chess championship during my 10+ days.
4. Work with my dad in his real-estate business ..gaining some knowledge and experience.
Looking forward to hear from you all. Please advice on my situation.