IMI Delhi-Batch of 2010

137 Posts  ·  40 Users
About this group
HI EVERYONE SELECTED FOR IMI!!! I TAKE THIS OPPERTUNITY TO START THIS THREAD.... * :: IMI Delhi-Batch of 2010 :: * *I WELCOME U ALL TO THIS PRESTIGIOUS INSTITUTE* *all those who have already made it through can discuss here ab...
Page 1 of 14

I think this thread can be closed as the batch of 2010 has the "Life @ IMI" thread to discuss.

Mods, your take....

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

what a great day it was... I have been to IMI before 3-4 times, but never had such a great feeling before...

Day started off well with a 30minutes registration process... It was good to get acquainted with fellow mates and most importantly meeting fellow puys was a different charm altogether.

Got the schedule till 19th...

another good thing about the day was to c everything done on time.. Our accounts Lecturer was there 5minutes before the scheduled time. IT lecture starting on-time.
I havent joined IT, for that i had to spend nearly 5 hours in the amphitheatre-canteen-library. So i cant say much about IT, but puys accounts is a must do subject as a part of remedial course.

Had a brief intro session with the seniors during the lunch time. The way of intro was a xerox copy of B.E. intro.....

Overall, day was a huge success to start with.....

Hope to c rest of the puys soon...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Posting from the IMI computer centre :)

First and foremost -> IMI is quite far off from New Delhi station. The autowala told me that you should have got down at Nizamuddin. So people joining later should take a note of it.

The infra is quite good, although not very spread out. Saw IIFT and Fore as well, quite close by. Had a plate of Maggi and a glass of Neembu Pani at the IMI canteen. There are a couple of persons incharge of the mess :- Ranjana Sachdeva and Mr. Banerjee (forgot his name). You can pay for the mess to either of them. Payment is made for 3 months or more in advance. I'll have to check out for some ATM nearby and would make the payment by evening today.

Met Nikhil (nikhil_aero). He's really very helpful. He showed me around a bit, in fact he got me here to the computer centre (which is also pretty decent). Also, he talked with the concerned people regarding my concerns. Overall, really made me feel at ease.

The Adhchini hostel has only wifi and no LAN connection (as told by Nikhil). So the connection speed would be slower. Nikhil told Mr. Paras (of the computer centre) to get my wifi network setup in my hostel room. But the good thing about it is that no site is blocked.

In the IMI campus, gtalk is blocked although gmail is working. Some other sites may be blocked as well, have to check that out.

The hostel wala for now is Mr. Tapan (09868574768 ); Mr. Garimella has gone off to Bangalore. So, people who'll be joining later could contact him for directions, queries etc. Although don't think it would be required as auto walas knew the address. It's supposedly quite a posh area.

That's the update from me till now. My wifi would probably be setup sometime after 7 pm (as told by Mr. Paras). So till then, I would be off from here. Hope to get my room soon and get some rest. I really need it :|

Overall, a very positive impression at the start!!

Hope to see you soon puys!!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Batchmates,

I'm leaving for Delhi today evening and would be reaching there tomorrow morning. Hopefully would get the hostel accommodation from tomorrow itself.

Will post the happenings at the life@imi thread (if I do get to access the net). Hope to see you all soon at IMI.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Great Idea yaar !
M up for it ... but I wonder the college authorities would agree to it..
But definitely worth a try.. else we can take up on our own ..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

in a post by a senior, this was given...

"...
proly d best roomz in d area f u ask me..attachd kitchn n bathroom n wat nt..rent'z lik 6K/month + electricity n watr... solid bargain fr a double sharin...

Since it wont b ne fun if only sum f u manag 2 get stationd ther...i suggst u load up a cartel n take ova sum floor wid 5-10 rooms..2 kinna get tht hostel feel n all..

d owner dude'z Name is vir singh ..call him (01126961534)...nw wud b a gud tym cuz dat building loads up fast...

i stayd ther duarin d 1st year...decent palce..

...........""

lets plan who all have not got that hostel and communicate with the college to take the whole building for IMI..if the college takes the whole building on lease, this can also be used as a hostel for us and next year onwards...:hurray::hurray::hurray:

what say??
call me at 09748448225 for more discussions and actions...we can contact ratna mam or director about this as soon, the better....

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hEY guys... If anybody have missed the registration for Remedial classes, he can get it done now as well. I got my name registered for the same, day before yesterday. I just dropped a mail for the same to mr. Ravi on Friday and I got a confirmation reply on Saturday morning.

All the BEST..:rockon:

Cheers:cheers: and God Bless....

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi all, can anyone provide me the details of withdrawing admission for PGDM (08-10). Also, the procedure to withdraw hostel charges. How much amount will be deducted for the withdrawal??Also, if anyone has the contact points, kindly post it here.Its very urgent. So, whoever has the info, plz share it ASAP.TIA.Reards,Tapaswini.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,
I had three questions about the practicalities of hostel life....Seniors please help... 😃 (excuse me if they have already been asked elsewhere)

1) I read that the beds are provided but the mattresses have to be bought....so, does some mattress supplier come to the hostel and give us a bulk stock? (if so, approximately howmany days after the joining date would this person come?) Or do we have to go buy them ourselves, and if so, from where do we buy them...any nearby market? And also, the 1st few days (until we get our own) is it possible to use our hostel predecessors mattress?

2) I heard theres an almirah/cupboard provided in every room..so does this almirah have a safe kind of place to keep our valuables n money?

3)which would be the nesrest metro station from IMI?

thanks in advance,
Manaswita... 😃

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Welcome to the family bhavya...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...