IMDR Pune.....Admission 2007

42 Posts  ·  17 Users
About this group
Hi Guys, I am one of the MBA aspirants willing to take admission in IMDR.It would be great if someone from IMDR can help guide us.....and give us some details about their recent placements, infra, faculty and the other two programs i.e. PGDIT an...
Page 1 of 5

cn any1 plz tell me abt imdr's PGDIT n PGDHR courses..
wats its placement senario?
sould 1 apply for it
i hav 82%le in cat wid a balanced score...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Yes ... The final admission list of PGDM is out :
PGDM Results 07-09

Last year almost both the waiting lists were cleared ... so no. 8 in waiting list means U r in !!!

Congrats to all the selected candidates.

Do feel free to discuss anything about IMDR or any other options available to u.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

wait list...didnt understand what you meant...no final admission list yet out...so what waiting list are you talking about...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

guys.. me an imdr aspirant.. presently waitlisted at no. 8..wat is d waitlist scenario usualy at imdr.. as in till how much does it clear.. wud appreciate sum views 4m seniors....

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hello friends,
I checked about IMDR on its website and could not find any AICTE approval .
Also it is an autonomous body and not affiliated to any University.
So, can somebody please help me on deciding whether to go for this institute or not, especially considering the further studies prospects like FPM or Phd. research?

hi ...
Yes its true that IMDR is an autonomus institute .... and its not approved by AICTE neither it is affiliated to any university.
But that is not an issue when it comes to placement .... but yes ... if u r considering further studies than ...u must think about it .... as it is not a recognised PG course !!!
So if u r very sure that u wanna go for PhD/FPM .... then u better consider taking admission in any recognised collage.
Alternatively u can .... join IMDR and do an MBA through distance learning.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hello everyone..
well hav got a cal frm IMDR as well....
it is gr8 to knw abt the GW/PI process.... its different n pretty much interesting.... thank u seniors for guiding us....

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello friends,
I checked about IMDR on its website and could not find any AICTE approval .
Also it is an autonomous body and not affiliated to any University.
So, can somebody please help me on deciding whether to go for this institute or not, especially considering the further studies prospects like FPM or Phd. research?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Sorry for delay friends ....

Yeah ... now I have confirmed with the respective auth. that the same selection process which I have explained earlier is going to continue this year also.

Which means that in Group Task ... U will be given lego blocks (toys) and will be asked to make any structures like school, shopping centre etc. ... and your group behaviour will be observed and will be rated against some parameters.

Then in PI ... U will be asked to discuss about any incedent of recent past when U have demonstrated some leadership. And again U will be given some points based on some parameters.

Pls note that U will not be asked any question of GK or Acad etc. so U don't need to prepare for PI or GW.

Then your demonstrated behaviour in GW will be crossed varifed against your story of your past behaviour and with your answers given in your application form.
For example, if in ur Group Work you fail to demonstrate any perticular skill (say, "initiative") and then if you claim in ur PI that you have demonstrated that perticular skill in the past ... then they are not gonna believe u.

Now .. the question is that : "What are the skills/parameters which they will be looking for?" ... then I don't have the answer. But what I can say is that they have prepared a list of skills which are required to perform well in IMDR ... and students are going to be tested for those skills only.... and not on the bases of GK, Acads, Communication Skills, Personality etc.

So now the key is : just be urself ... and enjoy the process.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi i hav also got call from imdr and my gd/pi is scheduled on 5th april.imdr seniors can u ppl guide us how to prepare for it.my cat score is 82%tile and no wrk ex.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello friends ...

Congrats to all the call getters.
From this year IMDR has introduced sectional cutoffs (which are 50% in all sections of CAT) .... and it looks like there might be some other changes also in the interview process.
So I will talk with the auth. and will get back with proper info within couple of days.
And so far IMDR has not given pref to hight CAT score but this time the story might be different so I will inform u later with confirmed info.

Best Luck.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...