IITians launch a political party

60 Posts  ·  35 Users
About this group
Hi all, What r the views of PGs regarding this development ?? http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1384682.cms http://www.paritrana.org/ Cheers
Page 1 of 6
vahgar Says
yea 😞 But im glad I voted for them..some satisfaction atleast that someone tried.

yeah me too.. i also coaxed my folks n my neighbours to vote for them.. but knew that they were no match for the dravidian heavy weights.. hmmm.. guess i'll hav to wait for a few more yrs b4 i c these guys in the assembly/parliament..
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Now that the election results are out, here is an article on how the party fared in TN

http://newindpress.com/election/2006/News.asp?Topic=-443&Title;=TAMIL+NADU&ID;=IE$20060511082319&nDate;=⋐=&

The writer tries to be optimistic but the truth is that the guy who was pitted against MK won less than 700 votes. Guess the Yuva formula works on celluloid only. Here, its only the 'free' rice and TVs that click :-(

well its just a start.. plus they are gonna fight in other areas as well. Hope they come back stronger.

Also i dont want to trigger a debate .. but saw the interview of the leader of this political party .. i was least impressed by him. He wasnt able to answer a simple question that how your party is diff .. and what new will they do .. he just kept saying that they will be true to theor voters.

IITians + young blood doesnot guarantee good leadership and mass appeal thats very much required in the big bad world of politics.
vahgar
@vahgar  ·  282 karma
Now that the election results are out, here is an article on how the party fared in TN

http://newindpress.com/election/2006/News.asp?Topic=-443&Title;=TAMIL+NADU&ID;=IE$20060511082319&nDate;=⋐=&

The writer tries to be optimistic but the truth is that the guy who was pitted against MK won less than 700 votes. Guess the Yuva formula works on celluloid only. Here, its only the 'free' rice and TVs that click :-(

yea 😞 But im glad I voted for them..some satisfaction atleast that someone tried.

The writer tries to be optimistic but the truth is that the guy who was pitted against MK won less than 700 votes. Guess the Yuva formula works on celluloid only. Here, its only the 'free' rice and TVs that click 😞

I thought to survive in politics u need a thick skin!!!

Not taking anything away from those who decided to venture into but surprised to see the optimism shared by everyone else.

Politics isnt always about delivering skills(and here by skills I mean his/her's expertise any specific field) and the sense that they "will do good for the society" and will influence change is not a funtion of the institute one is from. Why should it lead one to believe that an IITian or having their breed as part of politics would in any ways influence change.
Understanbly the optimism is as a result of people from Premier institues who at the cost doing better elsewhere, have ventured into something where we wish to see change the most i.e. politics. But given politics all over its not what skills u bring to the fore. Its about power and power corrupts and India is not exclusive. Politics is about powerplay and manipulation, like it or not. Its not about bending the rules all the time but also acceptence to the "marriage of convenience" concept prevalent in politics today, which does not entail being unethical but managing power equations.

No point in presenting reports on the impact of FDI in retail to a hawker on street but the efficiency in communicating its impact is the key to why politians, whom we loathe, succeed.......

And lastly, the view that India would be better respresented intellectually because of the quality of skills on offer by IIT's is naive as how global power equations play out and managing them is more important.

I hope the IITians will beat the shit out of dirty politics.. Well! they need to master the tricks and stunts and the main obstacle is that they have to extend themselves to the villages and small towns and I guess, IIT is not a brand there. These people believes in Charisma and IITians are lacking the charisma.
But, even if they manage to register a few victories in this election. I guess, it's going to become a phenomenon then.

GUd to see the twinkle in the IITians eyes...nd the splinter which is growing every passing minute....

Wat happened to the IIM people..they should be more visionary and ambitious i think...then why arent they in the picture

that's realy gr8t..Lets see who wins..the "SYSTEM" or the "IIT"ans

Don't we constitute some percentage.. mayb 20-30..
can't that make a difference..
of course, they need to work on a lot.. "miles to go before i sleep"
Lets just support them for a while and see what hppns.. Its not as if we've lot of options to choose these ppl from

vahgar
@vahgar  ·  282 karma

I have utmost respect for IITians and even if they cant really make a difference it is nice to know instead of getting a job that pays 1 gazillion $$ . Best of luck guys/gals.