Iiswbm Mba 2007-09 Queries

30 Posts  ·  15 Users
About this group
HI to all the people who are applying to IISWBM for our MBA programme. Feel free to post ur queries and we will be happy to find a solution for u... Cheers..... :: PS: the last date of buying forms is the 6th of december.......
Page 1 of 3

Hey Mahip!

I did check dis thread...however, theres no such info on the RETAIL PROG recently started by IISWBM !! I would like to knw how the course is,,how the students from the 2006-08 batch placed and the package expectations after completing the course????

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

wwill the final result come out on 27th.plz do post reply

I'm not applying for IISWBM this yr...am still in 3rd yr of engg :)

Just had a small query. Do the professors n asst. professors listed here take classes or r do they do administrative work only.

IISWBM, a Professional Institute in India for Management Programs

May be I'm sounding silly. Actually the profiles of profs n asst. profs r just...GREAT!! So just wanted to know that IF I join da insti after 2-3 yrs, they'll teach me or the lecturers will take da classes.

Any seniors..plz help

Assistant Professor of Marketing, University of Leeds, UK (All views personal)

when the mba shortlist is expected...........is it still on 27th. march............or likely to be postponed

i am interested in the retail management prog offered by the college. can anyone help me with info on that , please?

@ fermions
lemme tell u about my experience...
1st. extempore topic :harry potter (my batchmates got topics such brain drain, media and ethics and other general topics)
2nd : gd (we were all well behaved but some of my batch mates did end up in fish markets!!!!)
3rd: interview it was not exactly a stress interview but u gotta know how to hold on to ur nerves......
acads as i said earlier are worth their weight in gold.....
even i had dropped a year by it was during this perid that i worked in a firm.....but quite a few of my batch mates dropped a year but didnt hane ne work ex......so guess it wont b too much of a problem.......

cheers
maxcool.......

Thanks maxcool for your initiative and timely info.
However I would like to know:
1)the time limit for the extempore,
& 2) if anyone has got through in ur batch by stating that he wants to do MBA because he wants to be an entrepreneur.in my case its genuine, however ppl dont seem to believe as its becoming cliched with everyone saying almost the ame thing;so i'm a bit worried about whether I should state my actual reason(of starting my own business) or should I just say i want to ba good manger, be a part of India's growth story ,bla bla bla....

I m asking u because u've been there done that, must be knowing the mindset, likes/dislikes of the IISWBM profs, so would be in a better position to throw some light on it.
Waiting for ur response.
Thanks in advance.

@ fermions
lemme tell u about my experience...
1st. extempore topic :harry potter (my batchmates got topics such brain drain, media and ethics and other general topics)
2nd : gd (we were all well behaved but some of my batch mates did end up in fish markets!!!!)
3rd: interview it was not exactly a stress interview but u gotta know how to hold on to ur nerves......
acads as i said earlier are worth their weight in gold.....
even i had dropped a year by it was during this perid that i worked in a firm.....but quite a few of my batch mates dropped a year but didnt hane ne work ex......so guess it wont b too much of a problem.......

cheers
maxcool.......

Hi maxcool 111

This time the gd/pi process also includes an extempore.
Have any idea regarding the time slot (e.g 5 min /10 min etc.)for it.Also if there was an extempore last time ?? if yes, what were the topics like??
BTW how much weightage is given to past acads??suppose sm1 has a drop yr (albeit in a very reputed college in kol )??
R there stress interviews in IISWBM??

-Arijit.

@ itsarnab
iiswbm is comin up with a new compus in rajarhat but its gonna be some time before we start there. regardin the no of seats there is some info runnin around about some increse in there seats however there is no confirmation of the same...

cheers,
neelotpal

hey,

is iiswbm coming up with a new campus?and is there any news of hike in seats this time?