IIMs or ISB?

2 Posts  ·  2 Users
About this group
This is about something strange I've noticed over the last couple of years. Financial Times has voted ISB to be 20th, 15th and 12th in 2008, 2009 and 2010 respectively in the global B-school rankings.The IIMs don't even feature there.The averag...
Page 1 of 1

hi,
having gone through your post I definetly believe you should go for ISB..I myself have 8+ exp..and took cat this yr got 97 percentile,no worries as people with 99.5 percentile also dont have a single IIM call,whereas ISB will take into several aspects before selecting a canddate,like your work ex ,leadership qualities to name a few.ISb has tie up with top 10 US Bschools may be this also adds flavour to it in getting interntional recognition.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

This is about something strange I've noticed over the last couple of years. Financial Times has voted ISB to be 20th, 15th and 12th in 2008, 2009 and 2010 respectively in the global B-school rankings.The IIMs don't even feature there.The average salary of ISB grads is more than that of IIM students post placement.The student community in ISB comprises of many foreign students, unlike the IIMs.Why is it that ISB rarely features among the top 10 when b-school rankings are published by indian magazines/forums?And even if it does, it is invariably placed below the IIMs.Is it because the fees are almost double in the ISB than that in the IIMs?

For someone like me, with nearly 5 years of work experience, what would you suggest--the IIMs or ISB? I went through the IIM student profiles, it has less than 3% students with more than 5 years of experience.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.