IIML - Online events go down

30 Posts  ·  12 Users
About this group
I, as a humble undergrad student decided to take a shot at the big boys at the so called IIM (luckow). We logged on at 6 PM an waited for it to be 8 PM for OBT(online game) to start (which is a marketing game that goes throughout the night) ...
Page 1 of 3

thank you rohit.

i was waiting for someone from IIML to read it atleast.

all apologies for the word usage.

But if you read again..there are no profanities nor any abuses hurled..just a point..its not harsh..
Just questions asked and disappointed quoted for emphasis.

And well..wish the entire system hrd pm story could work.

yep..event happened today..quiz and now case study..thank you.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
I, as a humble undergrad student decided to take a shot at the big boys at the so called IIM (luckow).

We logged on at 6 PM an waited for it to be 8 PM for OBT(online game) to start (which is a marketing game that goes throughout the night)

We got our pizzas ready, our fags out and all set wid our kotlers and case studies to crack the MBA lifestyle we were trying to get in through CAT.

Lo and behold, its 8 PM and what do we get? A crash server and a darn site that would never open..made by..one of those 3 year old child prodigies that bill gates would hav interviewed.

Is this the spirit of mgt that we are looking forward to at INDIAS 4rth BEST B SCHOOL!! What good is an institute that cant even manage time and keep a simple website up and running..

And we believe that there are international participants as well..is ths what it all comes down to??

Sincerely disappointed by the fact that we have had 3 hours wasted under a situation when our EXAMS were going on..why hype up such events when they end up as no more than loser projects..

Students - College Of Business Studies.

This isnt a direct dig, just a way to show that the system sucks and indian PREMIER institute is in a mess..cant be run..come undone..

Anyone for pizza?

OUCHH....that hurt mate :
Yeah there was a server crash and the event was postponed to today....yeah that was unfortunate and should not have happened in the very first place....yeah ypu were right to expect certain standards from IIM ppl...no doubt about that BUT....

Anyone who has been a part of an event organisaing committee knows that things do go wrong during the events doesnt matter how many dry runs gave you done....more so when the event is online coz then a great number of variables are beyond the organiser's domain of control. Probably one of those variables misbehaved and the server crashed. Everyone including yours truly was very disappointed by it.... but coz a server crashed and event had to be postponed.... the whole wide world of the IIMs collapsed and spirit of management was lost and IIM L suddenly became a "no good institute" and manfest became a loser project...phew : ...that I think is like carrying a things really too far....generalisation is a part of our general lives but then this was the height( and the length) of irrelevant generalisation. Next may be u'll say that the HRD minister should resign taking the moral responsibility of the servr crash...or mebbe even the PM coz afterall HRD ministry is under him, IIM is under HRD and as u said that IIM has lost every right to exist coz a server crashed...... And when you say "repeteadly" that u are not taking a dig at the insti then.... please pardon my humble english skills but whatever u wrote was perfectly tantamount to publicly ridiculing and deriding the insti.

And what you call "hype"...we call "publicity" or if you want it in Kotler's words "Promotion" which is required for an event of the size of manfest.

And as far as international or for that matter national participants are concerned, u really dont worry dude.... Manfest ppl know how to deal with the situation.

And the usual rhetoric of system sucks and blah blah blah.... I certainly do not expect this from such a bright and enlightened guy form a good institute. but then...... phew again.

In any case the game will restart today...you should take part in it or better try to come over to lucknow during manfest and have a first hand experience of the "System" which you've just ridiculed... you'll be surprised and shaken till your bone marrow... You'll see how a multi million rs event is organised and how much sweat and effort goes into it.

regards

rohit
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Just bcoz their server crashed - u can't abuse the whole college left & right!!

Dude - these things do happen in events of such scale - these shud never take away the credit for good show being put up by the students! Even I was waiting for the quiz to be uploaded - but then its ok!!

So friend - relax & let these guy continue with the events. Participate in good spirit rather than just abusing them.

Just a point - you need to differentiate between complaining & abusing

Prateek

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

nah not as i'll not be able to partcipate in manfest coz am goin back home...also had some other work otherwise would have definitely have had a look at the quiz ....but am sure some teams from IMI should have participated

ciao..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

lol..if you say so..as i said..i will be there at IMI most probably and see you!!
I shall clarify all!!
And did you take part in the online quiz today?Just asking?

*edit* - i was there at Manfest last year and it indeed was well organized..my point regarded OBt 2006

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

well it seems b-skools are rapidly making me lose my grey cells coz i dont remember losing to cbs 3 times in my entire life leave aside last coupla months...neeways live in ur state of dreams i wont disturb :razz:

ciao..

P.S. - Manfest team good work done..whomsoever says what...glitches are part and parcel of organizing events but ur hospitality last yr was gr8 and hope that it'll be rockiN this yr as well...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
anuragxp Says
Bill Gates..Win 98 launch..system crash...remember something?

Thx!

Now i wont be able to sleep cause i'll be searching for a pic of bill gates face at that time :p

*edit* "While we're all very dependent on technology, it doesn't always work," - Gates

http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9804/20/gates.comdex/gates.30.160.mov

darn, that guy recovered well tho. no wonder hes, well, bill gates 😃
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

No,i didnt make up points.

To be precice - Make it 2 in December and one November last week..Happy?

And yeah..ill say hi next time.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Just beat IMI last month at almost 3 quizzes..when you are good at something...you are allowed to take part??right?

i dont want to start any new contoversies but just one issue...last month IMI had not participated in any quiz apart from the NTPC quiz .... so the almost 3 quiz thingi dont stand here....participaing in any event is good and winning even better but to make ur point playing with facts..well not acceptable...also u a part of the CBS team rite..so hopefull we'll meet at the next common quizzing platform....more discussions there

ciao..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Even i was wondering..Billy G!!lol

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...