Can someone tell, how is written test going to be like ? how much preparation is needed ?
Google group created for more convenience in discussions...
I am also going to join this course. Some useful information for all of you.
1. This is a rigorous management course with study hours equivalent to it's full time counterpart and the only difference is that classes are held on weekends and sometimes even in evening on week days.
2. This is a diploma program (Post Graduate Diploma in Management for Working Executives), similar to full time Diploma program but not any certification Course.
3. IIM tag is more than sufficient to segregate your CV from other Job aspirants and for the same reason IIM won't let deteriorate it's reputation in the market.
4. Fees is comparatively less as compared to other Institution's Part time courses. For e.g. MDI, etc.
5. WMP Batch consists of eminent people from various fields and also having quiet good work experience, which increases learn-ability from peers apart from class programs. And this type of method is not found in full time courses where most of the candidates are having 0 years of experience
1. Doesn't provide placement Assistance.
2. Part time course doesn't enjoys good reputation in market as compared to Full time Courses.
My View point:
Firstly, If someone doesn't want to leave his/her near about 7 figure salary job and also want to enhance management skills then IIM's part time name is far better than any other full time course. But if you willing to leave the job and do dedicated prepare for CAT/XAT/GMAT for full time executive program then it has its own pros and cons.
Secondly, IIML-WMP program has concept of "Course of Independent Study" which allows you to take up any sector of your choice as your elective subject and do case studies over the same. Thus, helping you to perform better in your field of interest.
I think decision to join this program purely depends on someone's current circumstances, ambitions and aim in life.
Please do jot down further points to above list, helping others to mull over before joining the program.
Got joining letter through mail yesterday. . . and presently staying in Gurgaon... ‚Ź €š
Got my joining letter yesterday...anyone else got it yet?
Is anyone joining the WMP Program this year?