IIMB Waiting list for the 2009-2011 PGP Admissions

189 Posts  ·  55 Users
About this group
Use this thread to post any relevant question about the IIMB waitlist
Page 1 of 19

Does anybody know till what number the IIMB waitlist has cleared? I beleive it has cleared until 90(?- since the guy at 89 who posted on the thread is not taking it up) atleast. There's also a post on the IIMC thread

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2009-11-iimc-results-final-call-getter-profile-25038966

which talks about somebody being offered an admit yesterday- so presume it should have moved 1-2 places further?.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hey guys,

I understand that there are a lot of frayed nerves over the IIM B waitlisting issue and the delay in processing.
Just to make this process slightly more streamlined, I request all the IIMB Waitlisters to fill up their respective status in this spreadsheet in the appropriate places.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rxF1AtHBXVilxseT_ab5HcA#

The purpose of this spreadsheet is to determine the extent of the movement in the IIM C On-Hold list and waiting list by listing the people who are still confirmed/waitlisted at B and C.

Thank you for all your co-operation.

Cheers and best of luck!

Purnoor

That's indeed some good work...will help people who are in queue....

To get more clarity on movement in B, have added another 2 headers:
- STUDENTS HAVING C-PGDM waitlist, prefer C over B & at present have submitted FEES TO B

- STUDENTS HAVING A waitlist, prefer A over B & at present have submitted FEES TO B

Please update the list in these headers also....

Cheers !!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Puys !!

Waitlisted updated officially also on IIMB website...Admissions offered til WL 89....Good going till now, hope that it moves through completely...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey guys,

I understand that there are a lot of frayed nerves over the IIM B waitlisting issue and the delay in processing.
Just to make this process slightly more streamlined, I request all the IIMB Waitlisters to fill up their respective status in this spreadsheet in the appropriate places.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rxF1AtHBXVilxseT_ab5HcA#

The purpose of this spreadsheet is to determine the extent of the movement in the IIM C On-Hold list and waiting list by listing the people who are still confirmed/waitlisted at B and C.

Thank you for all your co-operation.

Cheers and best of luck!

Purnoor

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

IIM C registration is on 13th and 14th June... and IIM A is suppused to announce its WL movement on Jun 22nd.. (their reg date might be on 21st or 22nd)

Cheers

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

From post of frivolosDude (Thanks for updating the status), seems that WL has moved till 90.....

Can nebody please explain d scenario(s) in which WL is expected to move....since all IIMS (mainly A and C who are expected to have an intersection with B) have received acceptance/rejection letter by students being offered admission.... Practically, i believe that whatever movement/clarity comes after this will come after Regn Dates of IIM A, B and C when d students not interested do not turn up for registration.....

Is ther any other scenario u puys can think of where d WL can move apart from above case...

Also, can nebody post d Regn dates for A, B, C: (for C, I think is 22 June)...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I was offered admission at WL#89 & I won't be joining. All the best to the one/(s) after me!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi whens the next Waitlist going to be released and till when can waitlisted guys have hope for General cat

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Why there is no wait list for OBC?
What is this 10% thing?

I would like to say a few points. I'm from OBC.
1st , i have seen the mandatory disclosure by IIMB.
and i'm surely clearing minimum cutoffs of X , XII , GRAD & CAT (even with general candidate standard)
2nd interview an Gd can't be considered as it can't be quantified.
i mean, you can't say that i was 10% less better than other in gd or inter.
mainly because this was my best gd & pi. And i have converted my all other not so good gd/pi calls. I know i'm not right in this part.

but still,
where did i miss out?

pls don't groan guys.
i'm really a little heart broken.

hey bro,

I dint even get a call from B, so dunno if i'm qualified to reply but i'm an obc candidate and i might be able to clarify.....

The 10% limit works like this, Our cummulative mark shouldn't be more than 10% lesser than the last candidate of the general candidates in the first list....

Our marks might be above the minimum cutoffs, but it might not be at a difference lesser than 10% of the last general candidate admitted....

And when thats the case they convert those seats into general seats so as to accomodate for general candidates.....

Different iim's works differently wrt this..... for eg: IIM-C has admitted all those who cleared general quota cutoffs as general candidates even if they are obc students thus opening up more seats for obc candidates...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Why there is no wait list for OBC?
What is this 10% thing?

I would like to say a few points. I'm from OBC.
1st , i have seen the mandatory disclosure by IIMB.
and i'm surely clearing minimum cutoffs of X , XII , GRAD & CAT (even with general candidate standard)
2nd interview an Gd can't be considered as it can't be quantified.
i mean, you can't say that i was 10% less better than other in gd or inter.
mainly because this was my best gd & pi. And i have converted my all other not so good gd/pi calls. I know i'm not right in this part.

but still,
where did i miss out?

pls don't groan guys.
i'm really a little heart broken.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...