IIMB or IIMC???????

44 Posts  ·  51 Users
About this group
guys, congrats to all who got thru! time for some serious thinking now....i'm thru B and C...not made it to A...which shud i choose? can someone draw up a list of pros and cons or something like that for the 2. i've heard that IIMB has a very to...
Page 1 of 5

Bumped into a Year 'ol thread!
No comparisons, Locked.

PS: Those who are faced with the dilemna, post on the specific B-school query thread with relevant Qs about that institute. With inputs from both institutes, u can make an informed choice!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Mods, pls close this thread becoz sooner or later it will boil down to mud slinging. Man, B or C , both are great instis and its perfectly a personal choice of the CAT Cracker.

Or mera IIMC mein hua par IIMB mein nahi, does it mean I am two different persons...no it is all a matter of perception (of the interview panel) that day.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

And I though there wont be any comparison threads on pagalguy ... different standards for different bschools??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

See there is a basic problem with the definition of "quality" of students. IIMB has based its decisions on academic history largely this year. I know of 4 single B call converts from my college alone this year (very high GPAs though) and 3 guys with 5-6 calls who haven't converted B alone inspite of everything going well. Dunno if you want to thus define quality of a student by undergrad GPA but if you do so, I guess you will find the competition in B more to your taste.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
But Dont IIM C dudes have self esteem problems?

K

Thanks for the bump ! This post is priceless. Not cuz of the content but the poster 😃
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all,

Bumping this thread because am forced to face this dilemma after a reject from WIMWI.

Am confused.

Placements are not really the criterion on which I would make a choice because a few investment banks visiting only C or making some more offers at C than B really doesn't matter.

How should I make a decision?

Why is it that B is higher in the pecking order than C when it comes to making a choice?

I am interested in finance but am not really sure because I may go for systems or IT also considering my background. Though I will never go for marketing or HR.

I believe that everything else being almost comparable at A/B/C, it is the student quality that would play a role in making a decision. Because A is the first choice for CAT crackers, it has the best student quality. I do not want to hurt any sentiments here but going by the same logic, B should have a slightly better student quality than C. And therefore I am inclined towards joining B.

However, it is known that B favours students with work-ex. And I myself have met people this year with work-ex and lone B calls and converting it. So perhaps, and I repeat perhaps, the atmosphere at B isn't academically so intense (I say so because I guess it is those stud IITian freshers that add a lot to the academic rigour. Alas, most of the make it to A). I am looking for an academically rigourous atmosphere. I don't mind spending 20 hrs working.

Kindly help me with frank inputs.

FYI, my profile:

Fresher, Information and Communication Technology (3.85/4.00)
XII - 88% (PMBC - 95%)
XII - 92%

CAT-99.97
Calls: BLACKI
Converts:BLCKI

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Vivek

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey bonzibuddy I have a very basic question.what does it take to land a slot 0 job? just curious.no mud slinging please.:)

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

real hard hittin posts..
i must admit..

but what a choice?? b or c!! envy u..

my personal choice wud b b, cos i want sys and o.r..
if u want sum other specializations especially fin, better join c..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

it is rare and heartening to see such a mature and hard-hitting post, which truly keeps things in perspective and doesnt go ga-ga over praising a particular b-school and defaming another one. bravo sks, it takes guts for such a post.(i didnt have it earlier, now, reading ur post,i do)

ppl, for those of us joining b-schools, we must realise that the next 2 yrs and for that matter, our entire life, would require a lot of maturity on our part, to make important decisions and overall, display a positive attitude.

sks, i completely agree with u, life is too long, and just getting through(or not) some top-instis isnt gonna have a bearing on our lives forever. and putting down one institute in favour of another isnt a correct thing to do, that was not what these instis were set up for. we must realise all of them r good in their own ways, and those of us whove got through , thry and make the best out of them.

otherwise, wed be setting a bad example for the ppl who are contemplating a career in management.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Well said sks. But the truth be said, for every one guy who wants to be objective, there are 10 other asinine nitwits who want to plug their bschools and think that by the mere fact of lying or misrepresenting their instt, they are doing a great deal for their instt. I just hope someday these folks see the futility in these attempts and behave like decent human beings.

Command like a king, work like a slave.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...