IIMB-One Year Full Time Postgraduate Programme in Management

20 Posts  ·  19 Users
About this group
Hey Guys, While browsing thru the IIMB website saw this ad about this new one year full time programme for Middle/Senior level managers. Do you guys have any idea about this one? I mean in terms of the quality, ROI and stuff. Do you gu...
Page 1 of 2
deveshomprakash Says
I stongly believe that its worths it do. Please go throgh the IIM website that for enquiring the incoming salary ( at the time of joining and outgoing ( after one year MBA) salary.

Please refer to http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/epgp-aspirants-class-of-2010-2011-25040993 for EPGP related discussion.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I stongly believe that its worths it do. Please go throgh the IIM website that for enquiring the incoming salary ( at the time of joining and outgoing ( after one year MBA) salary.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

IIM also has a brochure now in their website. does the general opinion about this course still remain the same?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

IIMB still keeps on updating the info in their website. This means the whole thing is not driven by sound planning. Modalities are still being worked out. Few days back they had mentioned that accommodation is optional and can be arranged based on the need in the nearby areas.

Now they have updated their website to mention that acco will be arranged for everyone in nearby areas. for single acco it is 120K and for family acco, another 98K to be added i.e., 218K. You will get a good 3BR flat in the vicinity of IIMB in Banerghatta Rd for way less than the fee that IIMB is demanding.

Secondly, 100K for food per person per year (remember that it'll be only 10~11 months since people will go out for internship and breaks etc.,). That means 200K for food for family is way too high.

Considering that it's going to be the first batch, no one knows what will be its outcome. The global economic condition may play spoilsport too. The only edge IIMB has over its peers such as IIMC is the location. Especially for people looking for opportunities in technology sector. But the fact that IIMC charges 5~6 Lac less than IIMB does, even if people spend the money on flight shuttling between CAL & BLR for exploring career opportunities they would still be good opting for IIMC.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

IIMA charging 20L for PGPX maybe worth it as they have a better brand name, faculty, alumni and they have been running PGPX from 4 years now. IIMB just seems to be capitalizing on the market created by IIMA PGPX. They know they'll get the students even if they charge equal to ISB/IIMA even if it is their first batch. I am wondering if it is worth applying to IIMB this year or wait another year for IIMA 2010 batch (I could not apply for 2009 batch).

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Is there clarity on if it is compulsory residential course? The older info clearly mentioned, it is not. However, now nothing is explicitly stated but there are indications of it being a compulsory residential course.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

18.75 for singles and 19.7 lacs for family acco. Considering that it is going to be the first batch, it looks really very expensive. And 1 lac rupees for food for 10~11 months(5 weeks being internship) looks way to expensive. Not sure what they are planning to feed :-)

I really doubt about their preparedness for this program. Not too long ago, when they first posted the news in their website, they mentioned the min exp required as 5 years and avg age as 26~28. In few weeks they revised the info to specify min exp as 7 yrs and avg age to 29~30.

cached page of the old info posted at IIMB website can still be accessed from here

They may or may not require SOP/Reco although they had initially mentioned in the above link about the same.

I think it is purely money making tactics from the word GO. Not even waiting to see the outcome of the program for a year or so.

Given that IIMA & C, running the program for a couple of years, they already know the nitty-gritties. So makes sense for them to revise the price, course etc., etc.,

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

IIMB Executive course schedule is out. check iimb website. 18.75 lacs + other expensive for first batch (most expensive of all IIMA/C/ISB)..is it not expensive?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Well guys, this is from a reliable source: the add is being released on Friday the 12th September.

Be on the look out.

I am told that IIMB is going all out to make this into an excellent programme and according to Deep Throat, IIMB seems to want to ensure that the first batch students will have excellent placement opportunities.

Best of luck.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Now that PGP-X and PGP-EX short lists are out, for those not short listed and for even those short listed, it is time to move on and look for other possibilities/ opportunities.

Well, one such great opportunitiy seems to be awaiting us at IIMB.
I have come to know that the advertisement for the one-year PGP starting in April 2009 is about to be released within a week or two.
They call it, it seems "MARBLE ROCKS PROGRAMME"! God knows what this title means!very funny title :)

The fee, I learnt, will be similar to IIMA and IIMC programmes- about 14 to 15 lakhs + lodging and boarding expenses.
The profile of applicants that will be considered will also be similar to IIMs A & C
Look out for the ad.
All the best.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...