IIMB GD/PI Calls [2006-08]

147 Posts  ·  103 Users
About this group
check out me still not thru http://alpha2.iimb.ernet.in/pgp2006/callfor.html its 0/4 for me sill hoping 2 get 1 all at least
Page 1 of 15

hey the iimb calls for gd/pi page is down.Could they be uploading a second call list? i sure hope so i really want a BLACKI....

BTW: after i sent them a mail complaining about their page being shoddy earlier without even a proper title day before yesterday they have made it a lil bit better . shows they are listening with ears wide open

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Will it be better if I get it filled by DM (Delivery Manager) Boss of my Boss's Boss......even though I have not worked directly under him. Would this be a problem like.....In the interview I may be asked "you haven't worked under this person so how did he fill this"........And are these letters verified at all???

How well does the delivery manager knows you?? it all depends on that...if that guy has seen you working in any project? that is will he able to judge your strengths weaknesses etc and write abt? if yes then go ahead and take it...panel seldom quizzes abt ppl whom u took the reference...perhaps u can take one more reference from ur PM too.

They cud be verified indirectly...they may not call up and check but they will try to see consistency in what u claim abt urself and what ur managers perceive.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

I wanted to know something about the "Letter of References" that are to be filled and sent to IIM B. Will it be better if a person working at higher post fills the Letter of References or it's fine that the person under whom you are working fills it for you.

I am currently in IT Industry.......so I was planning to get it filled from my PM (Project Manager). Will it be better if I get it filled by DM (Delivery Manager) Boss of my Boss's Boss......even though I have not worked directly under him. Would this be a problem like.....In the interview I may be asked "you haven't worked under this person so how did he fill this"........And are these letters verified at all ???

Thanks,
Ravi

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
anandv
@anandv  ·  2,055 karma
is it anand v at ISB ??? if yes... post ur contact no...
want to call u dude !!!!

regards
monuguru

Almost ISB...at a distance of 7 km @ Hi-Tec city
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi.. Sorry for posting this on this thread.. But can sometime tell me when the IIM-B site will be up????
Been trying to access it eversince the call lists were out..

Huh? It went down for a couple of hours on that day and has been okay ever since!!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi.. Sorry for posting this on this thread.. But can sometime tell me when the IIM-B site will be up????
Been trying to access it eversince the call lists were out..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@Praveen
I read 290 seats in TOI...Is it 280 or 290?:D

is it anand v at ISB ??? if yes... post ur contact no...
want to call u dude !!!!

regards
monuguru
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
anandv
@anandv  ·  2,055 karma

@Praveen
I read 290 seats in TOI...Is it 280 or 290?:D

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Congrats to all the call getters! As mentioned before "Please donot try to read to read between the scores ..that is trying to identify a pattern of calls for B...for every three guy, forth WILL be an exception". Instead focus on converting the call!

Those with single B call..*HIGH FIVE*...our batch has umpteen instances of those guys (including myself) who managed to convert it! 😃

Things that are in ur advantage are:
1. The GD is case based..this means no "globe" will work...give practical solution to the case and make ur point and u r done.
2. Non-stress interview..last time i don't remember barring 1 or 2 folks having any stress interview whatsover
3. 280 seats this time...yeah they are likely to incr from 233 from our batch 280 odd this time...so chance of converting even higher (but as monkee pointed out..this must be last in ur mind).

Myself and my batchies are around..plz feel free to PM/post queries on GD/PI. I'm sure someone will get back to u asap.

ALL THE BEST! :thumbsup: :)

regards,
Praveen

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi..
Anyone having their GD/PI on March 23rd? in IIM-B campus..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...