IIMB (2006-2008) GD/PI Queries

346 Posts  ·  101 Users
About this group
Hi all, Please feel free to post all ur queries about the second round of process at IIMB.... we will try to get answer to all ur queries asap.... Regards Mohit Gupta
Page 1 of 35

Hi Anupam,
Was happy 2 know u 2 frm jsr,so it really boosted my spirit.Kud u plz share wid me sum of ur CAT experiences.Which insti u joined?
Kud u plz specify which correspondence shud i join?
Did u prepare frm jsr only or go outside 2 prep?
Lookin forward 2 ur reply.
TAKE CARE

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Anupam,Thanx a lot for the gyan.Well,as u said CAT shud be my 1st priority,i will hed ur advice.The prob is in my college i.e.nit jsr the junta is sumwhat of medieval mindset.I cant find enf gud seniors there for guidance.
How do u suggest i cope wid this?My maths was fairly gud till 10th and since 1 yr i lost touch wid it?
Is that 2 big a problem?
Also which correspondence course and mock test i shud join?
In jsr ,we hav got onle cl as coachin insti and it is ok.

Lookin forward 2 ur advice.
Hav a nice time.

Since you have been good with your 10th standard mathematics, 3-4 months of practise should help things fall in place.
Both IMS & CL are supposed to be good in jamshedpur, if you can manage things on your own a correspondence course/ test series makes sense, else I would strongly reccommend you to join a class room program to be regular with your preparations.

P.S: me too from Jamshedpur and had enrolled for the CL mocks at a later stage.

-Vengeance
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Anupam,Thanx a lot for the gyan.Well,as u said CAT shud be my 1st priority,i will hed ur advice.The prob is in my college i.e.nit jsr the junta is sumwhat of medieval mindset.I cant find enf gud seniors there for guidance.
How do u suggest i cope wid this?My maths was fairly gud till 10th and since 1 yr i lost touch wid it?
Is that 2 big a problem?
Also which correspondence course and mock test i shud join?
In jsr ,we hav got onle cl as coachin insti and it is ok.

Lookin forward 2 ur advice.
Hav a nice time.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Good show :thumbsup:
NIce way to increase your post count!:|

I see, and what were you upto ?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
anandv
@anandv  ·  2,055 karma
Yes, at this stage it is too early start up with your GD/PI preparation. Your first priority right now should be to crack CAT so make sure you put enough efforts there.
On GD/PI preps the least you can do at this stage is to keep in touch with the latest happenings in india and the world. This will also help you do well in your Reading Comprehension section.

Newspaper : Read any from Hindu/TOI/Statesman.
Magazine : Business World/Business Today/India Today/OutLook ( Read 1 business and 1 political newspaper )

Economic gyan shouldn't be a problem if you are from a commerce background.Incase you aren't try going through Economic Times/Business Standard.

Forget about Case studies at this stage.

-Vengeance

Good show :thumbsup:
NIce way to increase your post count!:|
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Monu,
I know its tt early 2 ask u as im plannin 2 gv cat2007 but kud u plz tell me how 2 start prep fot GD/PI.
Which journals and newspapers 2 read?
How 2 brush up sum economics gyaan?
How 2 go bout prep for case studies?
Is it 2 early 2 start????

Yes, at this stage it is too early start up with your GD/PI preparation. Your first priority right now should be to crack CAT so make sure you put enough efforts there.
On GD/PI preps the least you can do at this stage is to keep in touch with the latest happenings in india and the world. This will also help you do well in your Reading Comprehension section.

Newspaper : Read any from Hindu/TOI/Statesman.
Magazine : Business World/Business Today/India Today/OutLook ( Read 1 business and 1 political newspaper )

Economic gyan shouldn't be a problem if you are from a commerce background.Incase you aren't try going through Economic Times/Business Standard.

Forget about Case studies at this stage.

-Vengeance
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Monu,
I know its tt early 2 ask u as im plannin 2 gv cat2007 but kud u plz tell me how 2 start prep fot GD/PI.
Which journals and newspapers 2 read?
How 2 brush up sum economics gyaan?
How 2 go bout prep for case studies?
Is it 2 early 2 start????
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@karizma,

A stress interview very well handled, I would say. And ofcourse, a very witty and well written account of the same.

Thanks a ton, Kana - I guess we'll know where we stand in about a week or so.

TIll then, we gotto keep praying !

- K.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@karizma,

A stress interview very well handled, I would say. And ofcourse, a very witty and well written account of the same.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

...And finally the season finale. The last of my interviews - which unfortunately didn't quite end in the note I would have wanted it to end in.

http://bedraggled.blogspot.com/

Please feel free to skip to the relevant sections if you're short on time.
Don't blame you - pensive ramblings can be difficult to go through

- Kaushik.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...