IIMA(ABM) results

18 Posts  ·  7 Users
About this group
Guys, any idea when the result is expected...........IIML (ABM) is out.......the anxiety is killin me!
Page 1 of 2

Dear Ashish,
U can def apply to IIMA ABM 😁 ..But for IIML ABm u need atleast 2 years work ex in agri related fields....In IIMA ,they do check out ur acad background till date...So if ur a consistent performer , u have a fair chance..I dont know of any comm grad whos been selected for ABM...But if u can really and i mean really convince the panel about ur depth of knowledge and interest in agri,theres no reason they shouldnt take u.Having a max CAt score is only one of the criteria..There are so many others..My advice is if ur genuinely interested,,go for it.....

adios
Shogun

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Great to listen to u SHOGUN

Congrats ........

I am a Commerce graduate and have pretty average acad backgraound (55%-65%)but We have a century old agr business. Now can I apply for IIM ABM(A/L). Also what are the chances of my converting the call as i have non agi acad background and that too poor. If i can manage a percentile of 98+ can i make it?

thanks

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Now hrd ministry had demanded for only five exams then what about exams like IRMA,IIFT,FMS ETC? :!:
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Now hrd ministry had demanded for only five exams then what about exams like IRMA,IIFT,FMS ETC?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear guys,,

fist of all ,,dear govind...it seems ur cat % has got a lot to do with u not making it here..In fact 75% is too low for u..With ur engg background,,u def can get more...So try harder...Here topper in abm for cat % is by the way myself(98.18%) and most of junta fall in the 90 + bracket...Ther r some 80+s,but i duno whether they have quota or reservation or stuff like that.....So to be on safer side,,aim for max %.....

Jyotir,,vety guys in our batch is only 1...Life is so hectic that i sleep at 4.30 am..Need i say more..Here in first year u are a PGP student,meaning u compete with all the iit ,rec wallahas and the toppers in the country for ur grades..U r ABm identity comes out only in 2nd year ,when u choose electives...So u are relatively gradedw/r to the best brains inthe country...The academic standards ,pressure,competition is outta this world. ....Regarding Abm w/r to nm and ximb...it really depends on which fiels u want to be in..I can tell uthat the avg sal for last years abm watch was 6-6.5 l/annum and top offer was 13 l/annum..At the end of the day,,U EMERGE AS IIM A GRAD,,,NOT AN NM OR XIMBI PASSOUT....Believe me A means A and not b/c/l/k....and def not xim or nm...So guys its ur call all the way.....

Adios and bol for ur mock cats..

SHoGun

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi shogun,
bon voyage to ur iim-a sailing.how do u find it mate.is abm corse better than nmims,xim general mba .since i had it this yr i want to know.any vety in ur batch. vivek sir will be there.convey my namaste to him.give ur e-mail id.
jyotiraditya

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

HI Shogun,

Can u please check out profile of the ABM new batch....

actually my GD/PI was very goooood...but i thnk due to lower percentile (75.12) i was not selected.......

please do tell about the profile of this year batch......

their bckgrd, percentile, work-ex, etc....

i was from non-agri bckgrd... completeled my B.E. (Mechanical) from SGSITS, Indore and have special interest in Agri-Business.

Thanks,

Govind

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello guys,,

am at iima and in case u need any authentic info on ABM at IIMA ,feel free to contact me...

Shogun..
IIMA
2004-2006 Batch

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi guys,

Let me answer some of Jyotiraditya ques. toooo

I am Govind Agrawal from Indore
completed my B.E. (Mechanical Engg.) from SGSITS, Indore this year

got 75.12 percentile in CAT 2003

DI: 73.9
Quant: 93.4
Verbal: 46.09

10th: 81.8 % (46th Merit in M.P)
12th: 75 % CBSE

Have special interest in AB
due to our family business of cold storage

Didn't got through this year....
though my GD/PI was really tooooooo gooood.
feedback available at http://www.pagalguy.com/cat/viewtopic.php?t=2979

But its true that 90 + percentile is very necessary for ABM at IIMA
i have met people with Agri bckgrd and percentile of 64 with GD/PI call

I am placed through Campus at Blue Star Ltd., Mumbai in Cold Storage Dept.
will work there for a year and again try CAT 2004

I had joined Professional Tutorials this year..... so don't plan to join any classes
will look for test series later on.

rest is going great.

Govind

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

govind how r u preparing.r u taking coaching.how is ur quant.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...