IIMA PGPX (1 Yr Full Time MBA) Class of 2017 aspirants (PGPX 2016-17)

262 Posts  ·  699 Users
About this group

For people applying to IIMA one year programme in 2015. 

Page 1 of 27

Gm jolly people, I have compiled a blog about my gmat prep expericnes and my admits in various colleges. . Feel free to go through and share. Hope it helps make you better future decisions. Good Luck !

https://mymbajourney2017.wordpress.com/ 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

You may find answeers a lot of questions though this blog. I am a studnet of PGPM 2018 batch and mentiond blog has answers many questions. Ple go though.

https://mymbajourney2017.wordpress.com/

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi, i have 7 yrs of exp in HR (as JT Manager) and i'm currently working  for a PSU, i got 64.7% marks in my graduation and 70% in MBA what score  do i need to get  in gmat for admission in iima/b/c. pgpx program. Thanks and Regards, Kunal Mahajan

1 comment
mba-help
@mba-help  ·  1,933 karma

Hi Kunal,

If you are applying for any reputed program within India or abroad, always aim for a 700+ GMAT score. Beyond that, the higher the better. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am working in IT software company [ ecommerce domain ] having work exp of 6 years . need to do mba 1 yr pgm . could you please assist me ?

1 comment
ankitkumar1126
@ankitkumar1126  ·  33 karma

WIth six years of work ex. you are eligible for all the major courses running ndia. Target 720+ in your GMATand applyin some of the successfully running 1 year MBA like IIM A, B, C, L, I, U, XLRI , Crescent School of Busiiness, MDI - NMP, SPJIMR, Center for Leadership @cfl_ncuMBA

God Luck 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

got selected -round 1 candidate!

1 like2 comments
bmalhotra18
@bmalhotra18  ·  2 karma

got selected

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
aniruddha.ms
@aniruddha.msIIM Ahmedabad  ·  124 karma

please post in the 2017~18 group :)

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

shortlisted for Round 2

4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
mbabu
@mbabu  ·  24 karma

@monalhasti82 you are right man... Not shortlisted :(

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Rritzy
@Rritzy  ·  9 karma

Yes ..recieved the shortlisted mail in spam folder!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Do we get any confirmation email once app is submitted?

1 like3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
kvmpk4life
@kvmpk4life  ·  3 karma

were you able to make the online payment?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
mbabu
@mbabu  ·  24 karma

Yea I called them up...seems that payment email is the only thing we get. We will not get any acknowledgement for successful submission of the app.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi....i had applied last year too...........but i m unable to fill that info in this year form.

its by default taking  : 

Have you applied in the past? [ No ]

How to change it to Yes ? 

PS : I had just filled the form, was not selected for  further round!

it's better to burn out than to fade away
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear Friends, I am a Mechanical Engineer with 11.5yrs exp in Oil and Gas Engineering, procurement and Construction companies (L&T, SAMSUNG etc) and worked in countries like India, Singapore, Norway and South Korea. I have lead a team of around 25 designers to the maximum. My extra-curricular activities include playing guitar and event management. B.E. % - 79% at Anna university, Chennai.

With all these credentials I took GMAT yesterday and landed up with a low score of 510 (Q45, V16), IR -3. I am waiting for AWA score. I used to score around 570 in mock tests. 

Request you to advice me, if I should give a try to apply for IIMA PGPX with this score or should i retake GMAT again. 

Thanks friends!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have 2 question, 

1) Does taking GMAT multiple time affects the profile? (I managed to score 640 on the second attempt and i planning to take it for the 3rd time)

2) I am planning to take GMAT on NOV 11. Can I complete with the unofficial score? (However, I doubt i will be getting AWA score by that time ) Any thoughts on this.

2 comments
aniruddha.ms

no for the first question

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
aniruddha.ms

its ok for the second question

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...