IIMA PGPX (1 Yr Full Time MBA) Class of 2015 aspirants (PGPX 2014-15)

388 Posts  ·  328 Users
About this group

PGPX 2014-15 results have been declared. *For all admits and wait listed*, please join google group by clicking on the link below: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/iimapgpx9(Alternatively, you can also send me a PM with your email id, and I w...

Page 1 of 39
Tepper School of Business - Carnegie Mellon University, Class of 2017 - GMAT 760
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Puys,

This question is regarding logging international experience in the PGPX application - I have spent approximately 5yrs working abroad. However, during the first 2yrs, I was a frequent flyer 😁

For instance, in Year 1, I spent ~150 days in Country X and the rest in India. In Year 2, I spent ~200 days in Country X and the rest in India. Also, during my stay in country X, I traveled back to India for a break every couple of months, spent a week in India and traveled back.

Now, what is the best way to enter such an itinerary? Do I enter, for instance, 8 months in Country X and mention in comments I traveled back, or do I make a painstaking entry for each travel?

Thanks for your inputs!!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Puys,

I was checking out the PGPX application and did not find any section asking for an SOP. Am I correct in saying IIMA does not require an SOP or have I missed something?

Please enlighten me!!

Cheers,

Rajiv

2 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello,

Can someone evaluate my profile. Am targeting the batch of 2016-17. Planning to start preparing for GMAT in a couple of months and take it in Dec-14/Jan-15.

Class X - 59%

Class XII - 75%

Grad - B.COM (H) - 51%

MBA from a bgrade institute

Have honest reasons to explain above numbers; but should be given a chance

Passed All 3 levels of CFA (AIMR)

Will have passed both levels of FRM (GARP) when I apply next year

No extra curricular to show now - Have won awards in school (no certificateS) for being good at playing chess, being outstanding in math... Started learning a musical instrument but quit after school

Although the companies I work for don't have the policy of giving out awards for good performance or issuing letters of appreciation....they have given me stupendous salary hikes in tough market conditions (my ctc has become about 4 times in the past 4 years) for my good performance...my appraisal letters show "your performance exceeded our expectations" I can produce the docs

Work ex- (as of now)

3+ years in an investment consulting firm advising retirement funds (PF/GF/SAF) of multinational corporates on investments and compliance (entailed dealing in bonds)...also providing investment monitoring services to trusts that have outsourced their GF & SAF plans to insurers (investment in institutional ULIPS) - tracking returns, risks, advising on benchmarking, asset allocation and re-balancing etc

About

1+ years in a listed company as Sr. Manager - Investor Relations. Happy with my knowledge the management is also using me for fund raising through the NCD route and CPs. By 2016 I should have 6+ years of work ex and should have shown significant progress on work-ex front.

My question is if I score a 730+ on GMAT, would I stand a chance?

Please help. Hopefully I get a chance to redeem myself.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi!! I am an sc, how much percentile should i score to get IIMA? Class X- 72%, Class XII -72%, Graduation- 80% (Expecting). how should i prepare for it? I am not joining any coaching institute.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Puys,

I am an IT engineer with 3 years of experience..wanted to know that what are the domains for which an IT engineer can opt for in an executive program. I am currently selected for FT-MBA in NM but don't know if I should go for it or wait for a couple of years and go for an exec. program. I don't want to opt for an IT/consultancy domain. Ops./Fin. are my priorities but I don't have any relevant work profile.

4 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey Guys,

Every year I look at the PGPX thread and wonder, should I go for this year or not. The apprehensions are largely motivated with the fact that everything is going good with my job, profile and growth. Yet, as I am only a BTech from a pvt. college (India), I wonder, if it will prove to be the impediment in near future. My profile:

BTech (IT) class of 07

Work-Ex - 6.5 yrs in IT in Business Analysis/Consulting Profile

Currently working in an Australian company, based out of Australia.

Permanent profile with a pkg of $110,000 AUD.

I have extensive experience of working at client locations and have worked in over half a dozen countries. This experience helped me to take the right decision for my career path. I also understand that most of the international B-Schools in APAC are no match for ISB/IIMs (Executive).

I have a direct question. If I look only in IT and Consulting (international placements), what is the avg. pkg offered in IIM-A PGPX.

Regards,

Dreamer

5 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi. This is Shilpy. I am a candidate for PGPX 2014-15 batch. A bit late to join in... Please add me to the group.

1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Wishing You all a very happy and prosperous New Year.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@vsolank1

Hello Fellow Puys,

Are they any confirmed students on this forum who are yet to join 'iimapgpx9' google group ? we have 61 students on it and missing 24, assuming the class size is 85.

If you are aware of any other forums where prospective PGPX students are communicating, please let me know. Thanks and best of luck to the WL candidates.

is there still any chance for waitlisted candidates??? Can anybody tell how many waitlisted candidates confirmed till date???

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...