IIMA Class of 2006 : Join Hands

61 Posts  ·  19 Users
About this group
Hi guys...welcome to the hallowed portals of IIMA, the B-school which is considered to be the toughest in the world to get into. I am opening this thread to help ourselves get aquainted to wach other, since we are going to spend the next 2 years t...
Page 1 of 7

Am yet to receive any brochure ... though i heard from another guy that he got an year-old one

And know what, its not abt the IIM being less techie .. i think there is a minimum number of ppl who have to nominate the univ before it gets listed ..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

never mind ...just wanted to bring to your notice that Google University search shows IIMs B,C and L but not A :shock: So guys .. esp ppl having iimahd email ids .. plz go to the site and nominate IIMA!

maybe coz A seems to be relying more on its reputation than active marketing... and it also seems to be the least 'techie'.. thank god for small mercies ... if you hav seen the brochures you'll know what i mean .... btw is it just me, or the IIMA has actually sent a year old brochure and placement data??

vishal
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey .. came to know the reason why this thread has fallen silent only this sunday at TIME Bangalore party ..action has shifted to the yahoo group now .. alas i dont have access to yahoo groups at work :(

never mind ...just wanted to bring to your notice that Google University search shows IIMs B,C and L but not A :shock: So guys .. esp ppl having iimahd email ids .. plz go to the site and nominate IIMA!

worse still .. even my old alma mater doesnt fare well .. IITs B,D,M,K all appear on the list but KGP is missing ..

well i am still at work serving the notice period and waiting to go home to catch some sleep

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey .. dint get any reply to my query abt bikes .. but anyway am planning to take my good old splendor to ahem :)
heard the city has some cool multiplexes .. including the second imax in india .. but guess we wud watch most of the movies on comp only ..
can already hear some loud "time milega tab to dekhenge"

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey buddies .. sorry didnt post for some days .. m having a lil booze everyday since friday .. heard gujrat is a dry state :(
that apart .. has anyone got admit letter? how much and by when have we to deposit?when do we have to join?
hey soggy .. can u plz add me to the group .. my id is manish_shyamsukha@yahoo.co.in ..
and this one is for philip i guess :).. how many ppl on the campus usually have bikes? any hassles with keeping a bike there?
cheers all .. and keep posting ..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

PS: By any chance are you from Mumbai Uty? If I remember last year also they had this pblm.

Dear Philip,

I am not from Mumbai... I am from BVM which is in Vallabh Vidyanagar, Anand. Thats abt 2 hours from Ahmedabad at the most. So i can attend classes and give my exams simultaneously though I dont want to do that as it may jeopardize my result. And regarding the guy from Mum... whoo had a similar prob, he had his exams in late July-14th and the 28th whereas I have my last theory on the 28th of June and can get practicals wrapped in 2 days or so. I am waiting for the official letter from IIMA before i call up IIMA admissions and go to college and talk with my profs. I am sincerely hoping that this does not lead to any complications. I will be having a provisional degree in hand by 3rd week of July and the final degree by the 15th of Dec. Please advise on what else i can do.

Svetlana

Should be fine... Just relax & wait for the letters... You should be getting 1-2 days extension for the exams & try to have the practicals before/between the exams if possible...

Going back and writing your exams while you are in IIMA is not possible... It is not a 9-1PM classroom session, instead you would be requiring 16-18 hrs a day atleast in the initial days...

Remember, IIMA is not just another institute, but a lifestyle...

May sound a lil cliched now, but you will appreceiate it later 😉
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey nick and everyone else

has anyone recd letters by post as yet... meanwhile wat about laptops ????

Do you really require them at A considering the density of PCs at disposal

and ye!!! when i tried to register myself the mail bounced back

my mail id is de_conqueror@rediffmail.com

finally are bikes allowed on campus and other funny things like musical instruments and systems

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

PS: By any chance are you from Mumbai Uty? If I remember last year also they had this pblm.

Dear Philip,

I am not from Mumbai... I am from BVM which is in Vallabh Vidyanagar, Anand. Thats abt 2 hours from Ahmedabad at the most. So i can attend classes and give my exams simultaneously though I dont want to do that as it may jeopardize my result. And regarding the guy from Mum... whoo had a similar prob, he had his exams in late July-14th and the 28th whereas I have my last theory on the 28th of June and can get practicals wrapped in 2 days or so. I am waiting for the official letter from IIMA before i call up IIMA admissions and go to college and talk with my profs. I am sincerely hoping that this does not lead to any complications. I will be having a provisional degree in hand by 3rd week of July and the final degree by the 15th of Dec. Please advise on what else i can do.

Svetlana
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey we can also ask Philip for inputs on this one...
do u really think a laptop is required or desktop bhi chalega???

Daudega....

Only advantage u have with laptop is taking it back after MBA & mebbe taking it to your summers (Most cases it wont be needed).

I would suggest you buy whichever one with which you are comfortable using it /typing for long hours...

Tablets PC should be fine as they also use XP, but be aware that there are so many propietary softwares in use in IIMS, be it for communication, course bidding & if you are the only one with some specific configuration where the softwares wont work, you are gonna have some tough time...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hi guys,

The previous batch also would be visiting you many times during the year, will take you out for dinners, stay with you for a day and let me say that your dorm life would be one of the best takeaways that you have from IIMA.

Even with an exhaustive 24 hour exp. i can give a big AMEN to tht !! ...
as for mumbai folks or others meeting up, there will be a city based "facha welcome" anyways ....but all details shall be decided by seniors...... 😃 ....
guess B in mumbai is having it on May 16th....

suhas
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...