IIMA and IIMC: Discussions and Debates and 'My college bestest'

170 Posts  ·  79 Users
About this group
*Mod Note : On user's request.*
Page 1 of 17

Some ground rules,

1. No boasting about one's college on any thread using sarcasm/arguing/innuendos about another college in a negative light.

2. Jumping into every discussion at the mere mention of your college to defend it speaks of insecurity and joblessness, just the kind of traits we don't like. It also disrupts the normal flow of discussion and diverts it to solving that b-school's posters' insecurities until they start feeling better about themselves again. In other words, Trolling will invite an immediate ban.

Post in a levelheaded and mature manner and know when to stop. Continuous bombarding doesn't make you right, but it starts making you look like an idiot.

I hope I have been clear just about the kind of behaviour that will invite a ban from here onwards. The mods' call will be final. Thread closed.

I come in peace. Take me to your leader. http://www.twitter.com/apurv
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

This is an absolutely ridiculous thread and should be closed with immediate effect..!! well you give people a platform to tug at each other's egos and then you complain about arrogance and boasting and everything else..!!

And to be honest who laid down the rules of the game in the first place.. you can't blame the IIMC people for taking a dig at IIMA when the thread itself has been labelled 'My College Better'.. i think BETTER is a comparative term so how can you expect people to to debate without comparing themselves with the other college..!! And others who are now targeting the IIMC guys for being active on this thread.. well imo you would do a better job if you rather bug the mods with PM's to close this thread..!!

P.S- Atleast now i expect this thread to be closed cause its really leaving a bad taste.. unless the MODS have ulterior motives...!!

IIM-A cohort placement ends - The Times of India
Dear "Some institute of management in western india",

Keep "rolling" while IIMC rocks!!!

@all...I dont understand what is the problem with chest beating...
IIMC and IIMA are competitors. They compete for students. They compete for profs. They compete for jobs. Period.
If we have done well in some sphere, compared to them, what is the harm in highlighting the same?
We do sometimes go overboard simply because public perception is in their favour and we want to "correct" that.
The only problem is that PG does not allow comparision. Well but then this thread is meant for just that...
SO, bottomline:
1. I am not flouting any PG rule.
2. I am highlighting our achievements and pointing out the numerour areas where we are better than them.
No use being an ostrich and not accepting the fact that IIMC and IIMA are competitors and they do compete. All that sweet talk about sister instis etc hold no water.
We dont hate IIMA. We just feel we are better. Period.

ohh.. so you want to say you highlight your achievement?? look at the post you made.. You have definitely made an offensive statement.. Is this the tone with which you talk to your competitors?? Competition should be healthy.. I say, challenge IIMA guys but use the right tone.. Challenge them on every step to prove your worthyness. But with right words and respect ..
Look at the tone.. See, IIMA show you guys what excellence is.. Now you might be better then IIMA but give them respect as they are your competitors. I would say grow up man..

@ Apurv bhai,
We will not ask why you ban a person even if he has contributed a lot in whatsoever way.. We do not mind baning people if they cross limits. Look at the posts of this guy, he has created dirty arguments and with aggressive tone evey where.. Even he has this thread he has many a times fought on the Home page posts.. If you want to check, please check his track record.. If someone takes advantage of his long track record for fighting on the forum then its not acceptable.. If he was a veteran he must have some maturity too.. but some of them are not able to digest the success they got and started dirty comparison..

I again appeal to all the mods to review the decision about this thread and this time with review some people for ban also..
Refer to initial pages of this thread...things should become clearer....
Cheers!

Sir,
I am only an aspirant and till now have only dreamt of getting into places like IIM A , B AND C, where u people have already made to. True, I would have no idea about all these minute details about the respective institutes which u people give and students who actually study there, and hence cannot question any of the facts that u and ur counterparts from IIMA have been presenting wrt to their placements and culture. But then I'd like to say that greatness is something that is usually associated with a more mature behavior. I dont mean to be offensive in any way sir, but more than the feelings of u seniors , I care about the brand image of IIMA and IIMC, two institutes i've held very close to my heart along with IIMB , since the day I aspired for an MBA degree. And what u people are exactly doing is ruining it totally by bragging like kids on the open forum about ur institutes and indulging in mudslinging exercieses. True, the initial pages of the thread bring out someone who kicked the hornets nest and started the most worthless thread here on PG. But then, imagine, he brought in around 5-6 u seniors from IIMC to permanently wait for any comment even remotely endorsing IIMAs status and begin bashing, while he comfortably withdrew back to his work. And its not just here. Even elsewhere on other threads, i've seen IIMC seniors do this. And believe me, newbies start creating an image that these people are too insecure and hence they have to shout more to emphasise on a fact , people wont otherwise believe in. The whole exercise of getting people more aware about the realities of IIMC backfires and people get more sceptical about the institute. Everytime I start reading a post where IIMC seniors are telling something good about the institute, its awesome placements, their advantage wrt to finance specialization, etc, etc, I start to get a great feeling,that this is where I need to be if i have to take up finance. But then, in the end when u fellows add one small statement, where u compare it to IIMA, u ruin that entire feeling. When u say this is where we are better than A, u make IIMA a benchmark. And benchmarks are always greater, which is why they are treated as benchmarks. C is great, because it is great, not because it is better than A in anyways. Rather C is great enough to be a benchmark by itself. Let it be that and plz dont lower its prestige and esteem by these kinda childish activities.

Do give more info about IIMC in future. We would like to know more for sure. But pls, avoid bringing in benchmarks as it gives an anticlimax to the entire feelgood factor u get after reading the whole post. Thanks.
PGP Class of 2013 IIM Ahmedabad
1 like
Cheers!

My Dear Nishant,

Please stop proving my analysis correct with your every post. Let me requote:

You are welcome to quantitatively prove to me that I am wrong. That is because you are wearing IIM-C coloured glasses. Nothing wrong in that. I am a bystander, and I am going to evaluate everything from a neutral perspective. And yes, childish quarrely posts do score negative marks in my books.

In the end, the qualitative takeaway I am getting from this thread is that IIM-A students are much more mature than IIM-C students. Now go figure what the final outcome is for me.

Please, think more than 8 minutes before replying to this post. Spend time in drafting your answer.

I have come back on this thread, adding to my post count, only because I fear for you and what you have become, from what you were before. Think about it, long and deep, before you answer me again.

Regards,
Grondmaster
@Nishant...

I feel that you and your friends need to grow up. Let me tell you why.

You said you are highlighting the better parts of IIMC v. IIMA. Fine. But look at the tone and the language you have used for the same. This is not a kiddy fight where two kids are teasing each other over their flavour of ice cream. This is a sensible comparision of two equally placed Bschools over which items of comparision are better where.

To me, this is the takeaway I am going to get from this thread:

1. IIM-A students have been sober, humble, and straightforward in answering questions. The responses they have given are mature, sensible, and worth reading.

2. IIM-C students have resorted to childish comparisions, foolish understanding of what has been written, and backbiting and cribbing. The posts by these students have been quite kiddish in nature, and not worthy of a mature student about to enter corporate life.

You are welcome to quantitatively prove to me that I am wrong. That is because you are wearing IIM-C coloured glasses. Nothing wrong in that. I am a bystander, and I am going to evaluate everything from a neutral perspective. And yes, childish quarrely posts do score negative marks in my books.

In the end, the qualitative takeaway I am getting from this thread is that IIM-A students are much more mature than IIM-C students. Now go figure what the final outcome is for me.

Regards,
Grondmaster

PS: Let me tell you a story. Two men were about to fight using staffs as weapons. Both started off with staffs of equal length. Durng the fight, one of the men was able to break one end of his opponent's staff. Will this guy now complain to the village elders that his staff is shorter hence the other guy should also break his staff to an equal length? Or will he try to hunt for opportunities to use both pieces of the staff as weapons in both hands? You take a call. - Gronde.

PPS: Where I come from, I have nearly thrice the number of posts you have, have been on the forums 3 years longer than you, and am already an MBA, and am working in a company where an 1988 batch IIMA passout and a 1993 batch SIBM Pune passout are equal partners, and MDI, XLRI, IIMB, IIMC, IIMA passouts et al report to them and two others who are not even MBAs. If you cannot value the vision that we have seen in the world outside, let me tell you in advance, I pity you and your classmates. - Gronde

Cheers!

@Nishant...

I feel that you and your friends need to grow up. Let me tell you why.

You said you are highlighting the better parts of IIMC v. IIMA. Fine. But look at the tone and the language you have used for the same. This is not a kiddy fight where two kids are teasing each other over their flavour of ice cream. This is a sensible comparision of two equally placed Bschools over which items of comparision are better where.

To me, this is the takeaway I am going to get from this thread:

1. IIM-A students have been sober, humble, and straightforward in answering questions. The responses they have given are mature, sensible, and worth reading.

2. IIM-C students have resorted to childish comparisions, foolish understanding of what has been written, and backbiting and cribbing. The posts by these students have been quite kiddish in nature, and not worthy of a mature student about to enter corporate life.

Regards,
Grondmaster

PS: Let me tell you a story. Two men were about to fight using staffs as weapons. Both started off with staffs of equal length. Durng the fight, one of the men was able to break one end of his opponent's staff. Will this guy now complain to the village elders that his staff is shorter hence the other guy should also break his staff to an equal length? Or will he try to hunt for opportunities to use both pieces of the staff as weapons in both hands? You take a call. - Gronde.

PPS: Where I come from, I have nearly thrice the number of posts you have, have been on the forums 3 years longer than you, and am already an MBA, and am working in a company where an 1988 batch IIMA passout and a 1993 batch SIBM Pune passout are equal partners, and MDI, XLRI, IIMB, IIMC, IIMA passouts et al report to them and two others who are not even MBAs. If you cannot value the vision that we have seen in the world outside, let me tell you in advance, I pity you and your classmates. - Gronde

IIMC and IIMA are competitors. They compete for students. They compete for profs. They compete for jobs. Period.
If we have done well in some sphere, compared to them, what is the harm in highlighting the same?
We do sometimes go overboard simply because public perception is in their favour and we want to "correct" that.
The only problem is that PG does not allow comparision. Well but then this thread is meant for just that...
SO, bottomline:
1. I am not flouting any PG rule.
2. I am highlighting our achievements and pointing out the numerour areas where we are better than them.
No use being an ostrich and not accepting the fact that IIMC and IIMA are competitors and they do compete. All that sweet talk about sister instis etc hold no water.

Sir,
due respect to all mods,
as you rightly said that "Now who are we to suppress latent tendencies..."
What about the same tendency to compare other colleges? I mean we should allow the same for other colleges right? We ban someone who indulges in these activities. You said somebody would have been banned. then let it be. why worry about a person who is not following PG rules? Why you want them to continue on PG? They have to learn to control they desire to show off.. If someone is immature, its not the duty of PG to entertain them.. There are alumni from the same instis who are mature enough and asking to close this thread.
I am not a person who has any stake in these insti but I am a member of PG so from that point of view I can at lease ask you mods to review their decision to continue this thread.

You are most welcome to compare other colleges and cause inadvertent entertainment to others As LONG AS you do it in this thread. Why not ban these people? Good question. We'll be most happy to close this thread. But please promise that you will not protest when we ban these people by giving the defence that they have contributed a lot to PG during their DT/UDT days, etc. If everyone is ready to lose some otherwise veteran posters during one of the 'my college bestest' chest-beating and trolling outbreaks, we'll close this thread. But then, a ban will come the moment they get arrogant about their colleges and put others down.

Added later: Refer to the post quoted in the above post as a candidate.
I come in peace. Take me to your leader. http://www.twitter.com/apurv
IIM-A cohort placement ends - The Times of India
Dear "Some institute of management in western india",

Keep "rolling" while IIMC rocks!!!

nishantvdo, this kind of behavior actually shows IIMC guys in bad light.