IIM rejects 2009 - the bounce back thread

62 Posts  ·  36 Users
About this group
This thread is for everybody who got up on the morning of 10th of April, with hopes in their eyes and anxiety in their hearts...but whose hopes got dashed by just 1 sentence - "Sorry. Your name does not figure in the List." No this is not ...
Page 1 of 7

The 1st Post in this thread reminds me of the fateful morning of 10th April 2009, when I was rejected by IIM A,B , XLRI, SPjain. Though I had converted MDI, I wanted to fight once more.

CAT 2009 was one Big disaster

But CAT 2010 turned out to be the Bounce Back year, got a low 97.2 %tile in CAT and was pleasantly surprised to get calls from IIM B,I and S.Also managed XLRI calls after a horrible paper. This time didnt want to let it go and finally managed to convert IIM B call.

This thread has truly helped me in keeping the fire burning inside me and I hope we ll have more bounce backs

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
This thread is for everybody who got up on the morning of 10th of April, with hopes in their eyes and anxiety in their hearts...but whose hopes got dashed by just 1 sentence -
"Sorry. Your name does not figure in the List."

No this is not the thread for cribbing...not a thread for criticizing...but a thread for all of us to stand up and bounce back...

yes we will bounce back...come back to life..
We accept defeat gracefully, coz we fought hard, we toiled for a year or maybe two or even 3. We managed our academics, our jobs and went through the ups and downs. Yes, we didnt convert, but we fought. We gave in our best.

I remember my favourite song here -

I get knocked down
But I get up again
Ur never gonna keep me down

Yes u r never gonna keep me down. I will bounce back the next year, and so will my rejected brethren. So dont lose heart and come up with double the enthu and double the energy the next time...coz If u think u can, then u should!!!

We didnt get to write about our profiles at any of the converted threads, so lets just write here and come back next year to c that we finally did get thru. So here I go -

Profile -
10th - 86%
12th - 89%
Grad - NSIT (71%)

Work Exp - 2 years (Energy Consulting)

CAT Percentile - 98.3 over all
Calls - IIM K
Converts - Nil
Rejects - IIM K

Any thing else - Loads of extra curriculars

Hi guys

I was just discussing this thread with some1..I had started this thread a year ago after my IIMK reject..
I have made it to XLRI this year..Got a pathetic CAT score but managed an XL PMIR call, which was amongst my preferred list of options...

I would be glad to hear from others on this thread..Hoping for great news from u all !!!

Cheers
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hope you have not gone through all the posts from all I want to say about CAT..
A person who lost his interest bout his studies in college life, neva got chance to sit for any campus placement..He deliberately pursued to flinch his recruiter..But his recruiter refused everything and put forward 100 reasons why he shouldn't allow him..That guy wanted to slap that person straightaway..But he paused..He knew that day was not for him..He came back started hardcore prep of CAT..As far as I know he is now in IIM-C..

Work hard..Give your best shot..You have the chance..Just go and get it..
Don't think it's a problem for you cz others with great acads are writing CAT rather it is a problem for them cz you are writing the exam..
Work hard!!
Cheers!!

Please underline IIM Calcutta here.. IIMs A,B for sure wont give an iota of a chance to such profiles.. i can bet my life on this
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
A person who lost his interest bout his studies in college life, neva got chance to sit for any campus placement..He deliberately pursued to flinch his recruiter..But his recruiter refused everything and put forward 100 reasons why he shouldn't allow him..That guy wanted to slap that person straightaway..But he paused..He knew that day was not for him..He came back started hardcore prep of CAT..As far as I know he is now in IIM-C..

Don't think it's a problem for you cz others with great acads are writing CAT rather it is a problem for them cz you are writing the exam..
Work hard!!
Cheers!!

I already mentioned in the previous post that the central theme of winning is I.Don't allow yourself to shrug at any condition..And the CGPA of the mentioned person is Another thing your 10,12 acds are not bad..So I guess you can justify your low score in graduation..
Concentrate on CAT..
Rip it left right center..
Hope you will come out with flying colors..

atb!!
Cheers..

My heartful thanks to u Love_CAT.........Im out of my worries as well as mind scratching queries.....Really ur posts r boosting me like anything......keep up the good work......God bless you

I wish all ur dreams come true.

Cheers
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
I already mentioned in the previous post that the central theme of winning is I.Don't allow yourself to shrug at any condition..And the CGPA of the mentioned person is Another thing your 10,12 acds are not bad..So I guess you can justify your low score in graduation..
Concentrate on CAT..

atb!!
Cheers..

thank you for the great boost you have given me LOVE CAT i felt really good reading your reply to the post 😃
thank you
may you got to your favorite IIM 😃

God bless 😃
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Don't thing it's a problem for you cz others with great acads are writing CAT rather it is a problem for them cz you are writing the exam..
Work hard!!
Cheers!!

THANKS YAAR ! don't know your name..but thank you very much !
Surely hard work means everything.... I have to make it "MY DAY"...I loved this line very much .."Don't thing it's a problem for you cz others with great acads are writing CAT rather it is a problem for them cz you are writing the exam.."
CHEERS MATE !
Now I shut my mouth ! and start doing something ! 😐
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hi people
please take a look at my profile and do suggest me the solution for agony 😞

10th =85%
12th=81%
both state board karnataka

and B.tech= screwed it comes up to 49 percent..while in CAT 08 it was just around 50 that means i now have less than the required eligibility criterion.
but thank god i have reservation...whats haunting me is my b.tech GPA will i be able to make it to IIMs ( even if u say no ,there is no way m quitting) but then again m skeptic abt it.... what shud be the strategy to make my way to IIMs
btw i got around 80 percentile in CAT 08...

PLZZ reply soon

Concentrate on CAT..

atb!!
Cheers..
IIFT|| Batch of '13-'15||IMF(Student Council),Joint Media Coordinator
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

someone please gimme the solution
please read my post( i cannot post it again as i would amount to spamming) .. and it would be really nice if you can suggest me some solution its in page 5 so puys plzz help me out...

thank you in advance'

god bless

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
My Profile :
Xth : 71.6 % ( U.P. board)
XIIth : 70.4 % (U.P. board)

B.tech : 64.5 % (till second year) in 5th semester 55 % and waiting for ths semester result. I am from U.P.T.U. (a private college.. not worth mentioning cause no one knows that college)

I have joined CL for coaching ...I have no hopes for getting any jobs so work ex is out of the equation...

preparing for CAT first time... Guyz I have butterflies in my stomach... I am really in dilemma...That word "WORK EXPERIENCE " is haunting me every single day... I am afraid... also my ACADEMIC PROFILE is not attractive... Am I going to do the biggest mistake of my life by appearing in CAT 09 ? Since its my final year of graduation coming up... I don't want to mess the things up... I want to bell the cat this year ....I really need to... I need to do 'something' in my life..'something' to satisfy myself and my parents..... I want to ....no I need to stand up...I want to be a man...I NEED IT BADLY....
please any of you can tell me Am I dreaming big ??? with that pathetic academic profile and the past (x and xiith) percentage ? please please please tell me ..... WAITING for the response.... :|

Work hard!!
Cheers!!
Edited: As one of the C-ian pointed this thing. C rocks
IIFT|| Batch of '13-'15||IMF(Student Council),Joint Media Coordinator
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

frn ur in a gud position 2 tak up cat 2009...don worry....me 2 hv avg acads...also B.E. mech 2008 pasout stil jobles!!!!!!....nw u can infer...wat position am i in!!!....got just 70% in cat 2008.....don worry jus get gud %...tats wat needed at d end of d day...cheers 😃

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...